We Recommend

• nubP - November 8, 2010 5:13 a.m.

Was there ever a bigger case of the pot calling the kettle black?
  • curly_jefferson - November 8, 2010 2:15 a.m.

Maybe the reason he disregards the story from the games is because the story from the games is Shit. Not that he's done much better but I suppose there's only so much you can polish a turd.
  • JADENkOTOR - November 8, 2010 12:17 a.m.

.... and Mila Jovovich is fucking NAILS.
  • JADENkOTOR - November 8, 2010 12:14 a.m.

Alright there is no way that Im the only person that likes Super Mario Bro. and Mortal Kombat... Anyway I like his message and whether not he is the best director in the world, you have to admire his respect for the video game medium. I would be so pissed if someone made a movie out of my game and didn't even take the time to play the fucker.
  • Genericpenisjoketista - November 7, 2010 5:22 p.m.

I went into the Prince of Persia movie expecting it to be just another terrible game movie. To be honest though, I kept waiting for it to piss me off and it really didn't. I found myself to be very entertained. I asked the people whom I was with if they felt the same way and they agreed; it really wasn't half bad. And yes, it was a hell of a lot better than any Resident Evil movie.
  • gilgamesh310 - November 7, 2010 4:59 p.m.

I don't know what Gamesradar are on about. Paul WS Anderson was not involved with the production of Street Fighter, Super Mario Brothers or the Dead or Alive films. You'd think they'd get their facts right about something like this before making an article of it.
  • ultimatepunchrod - November 7, 2010 4:02 a.m.

i agree with what he's saying and even though i dont like the majority of his movies, this gives me some more respect for him
  • ZenRobot - November 7, 2010 3:29 a.m.

well, Anderson played RE4 and look at the garbage movie he made for "Resident Evil 4".
  • Haikufrenzy - November 7, 2010 3:22 a.m.

Paul Anderson being Paul Anderson is disrespectful to games.
  • egregious - November 7, 2010 12:38 a.m.

Look, I know this is beside the point, you might want to hit up IMDB next time, Hodge.
  • taterboob - November 6, 2010 8:34 p.m.

Anderson has absolutely no right to criticize anyone's filmmaking. Between Resident Evil and AvP, he has been given two franchises that were as close to a "slam dunk" as you can get, and managed to ruin them both. Plus his wife looks like a praying mantis.
  • Turbobison - November 6, 2010 7:42 p.m.

I'll give Paul S Anderson some credit. He did do the original Mortal Kombat movie. That was pretty good. However, while it is a shit, SHIT, SHITTY, SUPREME SHITACULOR MOVIE, Super Mario Bros, has a lot of inside references that you'd have to go out of the way to catch. To be fair, he didn't have much of a story to work with.
  • EnragedTortoise1 - November 6, 2010 6:40 p.m.

I think this deserves a little "NO SHIT, SHERLOCK".
  • oryandymackie - November 6, 2010 4:06 p.m.

I think film is a tired medium. There is very little innovation going on.
  • paganpoet - November 6, 2010 3:57 p.m.

I will always love the Street Fighter movie for camp value and the fact that Kylie Minogue was cast as Cammy.
  • thatblindgamer - November 6, 2010 3:50 p.m.

Ah yes, because his movies follow Resident Evil so closely...
  • DecoyOctorok - November 6, 2010 3:44 p.m.

As I'm sure others have pointed out, he had nothing to do with Street Fighter or Super Mario Bros. Say what you will about the Resident Evil series but he does bring up a good point here.
  • Syncmaster - November 6, 2010 3:29 p.m.

"we're choosing to tell SLIGHTLY different stories" hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahha *breeds* hahahahahahahhahahhahahahahahahaha
  • markshell - November 6, 2010 12:23 p.m.

I don't get it.. How was Anderson responsible for the Mario Bros and Street Fighter Movie? Was he a writer or something? As far as I know he wasn't involved with any of these movies. I liked the first Resident Evil movie (although it has different characters, it nailed on the claustrophobic feel) and Mortal Kombat was awesome when it came out (Sure it's cheesy as fuck now, but it was amazing at the time)
  • Yaro - November 6, 2010 12:02 p.m.

Mr Anderson says the truth. Although his stories arwe VERY not slightly different. The resident evil "feel" and atmosphere are really there, I was really disappointed by the stories and characters at first but it grew on me, it's a different take on the world. After watching the third movie I changed my mind from this fucking sucks this ain't resi! to well it might not be the same story but it IS a good resi movie and above average zombie flick. tl;dr version: Anderson's movie get the atmosphere but lack the original plot (which is bad of course), MOAR LEON!!!