It takes a lot of balls for an unproven IP to take cheap shots at its established competitors, but EA has high expectations for Bulletstorm, and apparently enough marketing wherewithal to create a playable Call of Duty spoof game entitled, Duty Calls: The Call Before the Storm.
Free for the PC, Duty Calls is a five-minute, 800MB experience which skewers as many Call of Duty clich%26eacute;s as it can on its short, hilarious run. You can play it for yourself here, or watch the full runthrough:
In Call of Duty's defense, I know a great many Sergeant Sergeant Master Segeant Shooter Persons who had their lives saved by 500 sheets of wide ruled notebook paper.
According to EA, Duty Calls also features:
1. Duty Vision slows down the action so you can unload a storm of bullets
2. Immersive dialogue from the front lines
3. Cold, calculated realism
4. Killing animations motion captured from real actors
5. True-life reloading system allows for mistakes in putting the cartridge in the gun
6. Iconic sound effects
7. Thwart an enemy threat that could topple the country and possibly the world
8. Significant and historically accurate props
With this and it's most recent video mocking the Halo 3'd diorama ads, it's clear that Bulletstorm's marketing team is confident in its product. That or they're a little foggy about how karma works. Epic Games and People Can Fly better walk the walk or it'll soon be Bungie and Treyarch's turn to mock them.
Feb 2, 2011
Bulletstorm video full access preview
Chris, Charlie and Matt load up Bulletstorm demo and FAP 'til their nuts explode
See super serious slow poans
Any of these look familiar?