• bob202021 - April 19, 2012 7:37 a.m.

Overall, an excellent list, BUT... Donkey Kong 64?????? Why no DK64? I don't understand... :'( Also, I absolutely agree with the general sentiments from other comments that Majora's Mask and Banjo-Tooie warrant a mention, ESPECIALLY Majora's Mask. I reckon I sunk many more hours overall into MM compared to OoT, however I understand why OoT is on the list and why it would be above MM. Imagine what the reaction would've been if MM had made the list instead of OoT? There would be blood spilt in anger and fury. And just once more, seriously... WHY NO DK64????!!!!! I don't even....
  • ObliqueZombie - April 19, 2012 8:55 a.m.

Dude, I'm with you... that game might, MIGHT... be my favorite game on the system.
  • GR HollanderCooper - April 19, 2012 9:42 a.m.

Because it wasn't as good as Banjo or Jet Force. It was like, 100% based on collecting stuff you didn't want to collect. Also: DK rap.
  • ObliqueZombie - April 19, 2012 11:03 a.m.

But he has a coconut gun that fires in spurts... And if he shoots ya, it's gonna hurt. :C
  • shawksta - April 21, 2012 12:28 a.m.

You can whatever you want about DK64( i dont care i still love the F*CK out of that game) but the DK Rap was the best guilty Pleasure ever damnit, and you know it!
  • wittynickname - April 19, 2012 7:22 a.m.

Glad to see NFL Blitz in the last splash of images, at least. I couldn't begin to calculate the hours my buddies and I sank into the arcade version, and we were positively giddy about how faithful the N64 port ended up, resulting in hundreds MORE hours of far more vulgarity-laced Blitz in the comfort of our own homes.
  • jars - April 19, 2012 6:10 a.m.

top 5 Mario Kart Starfox Smash Bros. Goldeneye Turok 1
  • mothbanquet - April 19, 2012 5:28 a.m.

Just looking at that screen of No Mercy brings back all those custom characters me and my best friend made to mind, as well as those hour-long 64-man elimination matches. I still remember our infamous ladder match, me as Austin, him as Triple H. I'd just bounced off the ropes to land a clothesline and he caught me with the swing of a ladder while running at a 90-degree angle. The sharpest corner of the metal caught me square in the jaw and the sound of the impact still has us cringing to this very day. So glad to see that game on this list.
  • Rodpercent - April 19, 2012 5:02 a.m.

Quest 64 much????
  • Tronto13 - April 19, 2012 3:04 a.m.

I cant believe banjo tooie, snowboard kids, pokemon stadium, glover and star wars rouge squadron didnt make the list!! I still play them :D
  • darnell-l-armstrong - April 18, 2012 10:12 p.m.

where's mischief makers? second best treasure game for the n64...
  • BaraChat - April 18, 2012 9:16 p.m.

Great list, and I also think Majora's Mask should have been there, as it was a pretty great game (I'm more OoT myself, but I love MM nonetheless). That top 10 pretty much defined my early teens. Good times... Heck, GREAT times!
  • aequitas13 - April 18, 2012 8:21 p.m.

Ah Blast Corps.... great game! Glad to see WWF No Mercy on the list as well. Everything else was pretty much expected. However, if we were taking a multiplayer list I'd expect to see Monster Truck Madness 64.... can't tell you how many hours were spent turning "summit rumble" into a drinking game... good times!
  • LordZarlon - April 18, 2012 8:17 p.m.

I will never argue that the Playstation had more good games but, I do disagree with all of the Playstation fans who claim that there are more "greatest games of all time" on the system. The top ten games on this list are still considered either the best in their genre or one of the greatest games in their genre. How many of the Playstation's greatest games can still be considered great?
  • thatgurl - April 18, 2012 7:32 p.m.

Now this is a list I can mostly agree with. Kudos for giving OoT the number 1 spot.
  • IceBlueKirby - April 18, 2012 6:33 p.m.

Ah, Jet Force Gemini...so many memories. I even managed to waste a lot of time on the little top-down racing game nestled inside. Not to mention that game made "Mr. Pants" an acceptable and hilarious name to enter as a player name for years afterwards. Although I don't have JFG anymore, I still play Mario 64 and Perfect Dark every now and then, and from time to time I bust out Paper Mario as well.
  • slimjim441 - April 18, 2012 6:02 p.m.

Your lack of Majora's Mask is disturbing, admiral.
  • codystovall - April 18, 2012 4:59 p.m.

Kirby smash bros paper mario pokemon snap all should be on 3ds(2 r going to be)
  • H2A2I00 - April 18, 2012 4:23 p.m.

I was really young when I got my N64 and only had about 3 games for it. One including Body Harvest which absolutely blew my mind and the more I think back the more I realize how incredible that game was
  • MyCoolWhiteLies - April 18, 2012 4:08 p.m.

I dunno how you can put GoldenEye over Perfect Dark. Also, the lack of Majora's Mask is disturbing. Hell, I prefer that game to Ocarina.
  • MyCoolWhiteLies - April 18, 2012 4:09 p.m.

That aside, though, pretty good list.
  • samsneeze - April 18, 2012 4:55 p.m.

Everyone prefers Majora's Mask to Ocarina.
  • lilbuddha - April 18, 2012 8:21 p.m.

The sole reason being why Galaxy 2 is better than Galaxy 1, it's more inventive, it's harder, but it's still Zelda.