Topics

mmorpg top 10

• thommy-kane - August 13, 2014 7:51 p.m.

Wildstar is way better than Wow. However, I beta Archage, and it's going to change the face of MMO's forever.
  • Shayz - July 28, 2014 7:36 p.m.

WoW took me 11 hours before I got bored. Maybe it was because I never got into the whole raiding and multiplayer co-op...but heck I played Tera solo for about 3 weeks before I decided it wasn't worth finishing. At least that game didn't ma,e me feel super overwhelmed. The longest time I ever spent playing an MMO was Guild wars at a whopping 8 months. I had bought it to play with friends but ended up getting bored with trying to find a good clas that I liked. I had multiple level 20 characters but could never take the time to complete the story. Played Guild Wars 2 for about 3 months before it felt stale to me (or maybe it was just my computer not being able to handle the large quantities of enemies in the later stages) And I've been wanting to play FFXIV, but every time I see someone talk about how awesome it is, I'm reminded that it's subscription based... Paying for a subscription just annoys me mentally because then I feel obligated to play the game. I hate that, whcih is another reason I will never get into EVE either (despite how much I would probably enjoy that game)
  • teo-huyen - July 24, 2014 3:33 p.m.

Where is Blade & Soul? Not on the list just because it has not been available in the West?
  • Armerus - July 24, 2014 10:12 a.m.

Ok, I don't really think a lot of people on here understand. Firstly, this is from one persons perspective, Yes, so in their opinion this is the list of the best in what appears to be increasing order. People who, for example, complain and say WoW is not the best MMO out there or 'no one thinks that' clearly don't understand how this works. World of Warcraft is a game, True? Well the purpose of a game is to entertain? So currently for over 7 million players (The most any MMO has), their opinion would be that it is worth spending money on, Correct? Therefore, This would probably suggest that it IS doing as intended the best out of all the MMO's. Its simple statistics.
  • cam-kirmser - July 24, 2014 6:34 a.m.

Hey, how about Age of Conan? I think that game certainly ranks up there with LotRO, even better, in some aspects.
  • Melucine - July 23, 2014 1:55 p.m.

The Secret World is a unique game. No classes or levels with your exp you buy skills that, most of the time, are bound to weapons and you can use 7 active and 7 passive. The main quest have no text walls, all of them are with small cutscenes. If you like horror games you should give it a try. The game is buy to play, I got it with 15 euros and it's well worth it, with DLC that you can buy. Or you can subscribe for free access to all DLC and monthly bonuses, mostly coins for buying cosmetic items.
  • digriot.com - July 23, 2014 8:32 a.m.

Allods Online is game that wan't to take players in missery and ripp there pockets. After you get to top lvl you need to grind for gear, upgrading gear cost lot of gold and scrolls that you need to buy from store you can end like me at 10 time failed upgrade only at first lvl and lose alot of money in that process. If you got money to play games that consume money, you can find better one.
  • Bluerain12ya - July 11, 2014 10:16 a.m.

Is this list based on actual features or the popularity each has? I love how WoW is the no1 on every list even though there are other games with much more complexity, features, opportunities and interaction. This is getting boring, really... If Blizzard was paying a penny for the publicity each time somebody puts WoW on the top of the list, they would have gone bankrupt a long time ago... No wonder it is the most popular... "Yeah man, it's the top number one, you should play it" then people don't even look at other games that they may like better. No WoW all the way.
  • nate-beers - June 28, 2014 5:37 a.m.

Ummmm.... How is Final Fantasy XI not in the top 25? That was the best game ever. Puts Wow to shame.
  • lordshinjuku - June 27, 2014 10:27 a.m.

why no Final Fantasy XI love its been going on for 12 yrs and still fun. They hv even made tons of adjustments and enhancments to make lvling easier.Still playing FFXI and Im playing Final Fantasy XIV. XIV is fun but still doesnt match up with XI. Tryed WOW and got bored after about 6 months. Star wars TOR is fun and since its Free to play made an account for my son so we can run around together.
  • Abbeey - June 17, 2014 10:48 a.m.

I need help, im looking for a game that offers endless play, subscription or not. i play wow now, frustrating as all heck, but its endless, ive only completed end content 1 and only 2 weeks before the next xpac arrived. Ive played tera, ff--all, star wars etc but all have an end --- got all cheevs, beat all bosses, got/made all gear possible---im tired of the lame guilds in wow and pugging is not fun----help please-- what am i missing?
  • vicky_john - May 26, 2014 4:52 a.m.

The funny thing is elsword at number 14.. lol
  • TheStahker - May 22, 2014 8:06 a.m.

At #1 is World of WarCRAP?!?!?! PFFFffffT!!! Come on GamesRadar, you can kiss better ass than that. Stop sounding like one of the mindless Hello Kitty sheepole and LRN2PLAY!
  • AcTePuKc - March 31, 2014 5:25 p.m.

Where is Lineage 2 in this chart ... LOTR online is here lol worst MMORPG i ever played ...
  • JachAnen - April 1, 2014 3:18 a.m.

Agreed, and there are so many MMO's out there, so WoW just cannot in any persons opinion still be the best. It has the biggest fan-/userbase, but that doesn't make it the best.
  • deejie - April 26, 2014 8:29 a.m.

Just because it's not the best in your personal opinion, it can't be the best in someone else's?It can be the best for various reasons.
  • lazywb - April 7, 2014 6:29 a.m.

Lineage 2 dosen't belong in this list since Interlude honestly
  • Bluerain12ya - July 11, 2014 10:21 a.m.

My thoughts exactly. Been playing Lineage 2 for a good 5-6 years. Up until Goddess of Destruction... Admit it. It became crap since then :( breaks my heart and I'm not even sarcastic. Oh the good old days :"( it's still a great game if you just start it, but as someone who played it for quite some time and still remembers the days of Interlude... *sigh* AND LOOK!!! WoW is number one... How predictable... It's getting boring, really.
  • sam-skelding - October 10, 2013 1:37 a.m.

nice list but seriously, WHERE THE FK IS STAR WARS GALAXIES AND WHY IS WOW AT THE TOP!?! that being said i can see why WoW is always gonna make it into top 10 lists or w/e for the simple fact that its popular and one of the defining games of the genre (even if it was never my bag and imo starting to become so generic on so many levels). but why not swg huh? the game was great. every person i ever meet that played it for longer than 6 months agrees with me that there is not another game anywhere near like it, its a game that sticks with you and you can never forget it. i dont think another mmo will ever feel like swg did and i certainly think if WoW gets a spot on here then so should swg despite all the bad publicit it got with the so called screw ups with the major game changes it was still a really great game all the way through and nothing will ever change that.
  • Dexxur - November 15, 2013 12:06 a.m.

@SWG comment - "We’ve assembled the absolute best MMOs currently available"