Topics

Best games

• db1331 - November 8, 2012 1:14 p.m.

Are these supposed to be in order? Please tell me you don't have Kid Icarus and Mario Kart 7 rated higher than Ocarina. Please. Super Mario 3D shouldn't be ranked higher than it either, but it's at least a good enough game that it's not facepalm-inducing to have it where it is.
  • shawksta - November 8, 2012 3:37 p.m.

Ocarina of Time is a great game, especially with the updated Master Quest being Mirrored and the addition of Boss Battle mode, but its still a remake, and Kid Icarus Uprising and Super Mario 3D Land use the systems capabilities much better despite how much of a relieve not having to pause to switch items anymore. And if it is a countdown, its still pretty high, its number 4 with the best of the best (for GR atleast) Frankly my favorite game is Kid Icarus Uprising with 3D land second and Ocarina 3rd
  • CitizenWolfie - March 29, 2012 1:48 a.m.

I've had mine since last May but I've only bought two games (both on this list) for it. Sometimes I wish I'd not bothered with it really. For the same reason I've left the Vita well alone as well. OoT was great and Mario 3D Land is one of the best Marios I've played but nothing else has even tempted me a little bit to buy. Perhaps Snake Eater if anything but it seems like a lot of money to play an inferior version of a game I already own and can still play. I might pick up Mario Kart if the price comes down. I did get SSFIV3D bundled with mine but I hated it. IMO it was completely unplayable. I just don't think beat em ups work on handheld systems. Every one I've played so far has really suffered at the hands of the d-pad or tiny analogue nubs.
  • shawksta - March 30, 2012 1:56 p.m.

You got Kid Icarus Uprising to decide on and while it is mediocre, Pokemon Rumble Blast is a decent game, compared to the original on WiiWare, it kicks its ass.
  • BladedFalcon - March 28, 2012 7:09 p.m.

...Hey! would you look at that, they actually listened! No more ho hum average games in this list! and they actually added MGS3D! Cheers Gamesradar! And thanks for genuinely listening and taking in the ideas you think are worth paying attention to (: << >> (Bioware could learn a thing or two from you) *Runs away before he gets flamed*
  • shawksta - March 30, 2012 2 p.m.

"No more ho hum average games in this list!" Amen,I agree on that part, they atleast updated the list. Eh, Pokemon Rumble blast IS a mediocre game, but if your like me, who played the original on Wiiware, which was mediocre with a nice concept, Rumble Blast was an overall Excellent sequel. Its still Mediocre to others who look at it the first time, but its worth a more than decent game for me.
  • Zeos - March 28, 2012 2:40 p.m.

Just got one of these bad boys yesterday along with Super Mario 3D Land and Resident Evil Revelations and I am very happy.
  • rob619 - March 28, 2012 12:06 p.m.

No Metal Gear Solid 3? Put it this way, I brought a 3DS just for this game. HAS to be put on the list!
  • Ravenbom - March 28, 2012 11:52 a.m.

The Tom Clancy game plays like Advanced Wars? I would have never suspected. I gotta do some traveling maybe I'll pick it up.
  • ihopethisisnotantistasblood - March 28, 2012 7:20 a.m.

pilotwings and mgs3 deserve to be on the list
  • jiodjflak - March 28, 2012 4:29 a.m.

no MGS3?
  • IronHeaver - March 27, 2012 10:22 p.m.

All great games to be sure :) But my favorite is still BlazBlue Continum Shoift 2 so far. I know its by far not the best game on the 3DS, but I still love kicking the crap out of people with Arakune on the go :D
  • Cyberninja - March 28, 2012 4:03 a.m.

the problem with CS2 on the 3ds is they limited it to dpad only which is really uncomfortable, yet I gave my friend my CS2 for 3DS and bought Extend on my vita
  • LEGOMatrix - March 27, 2012 5:54 p.m.

Pokemon Rumble Blast? That does seem to be scraping the bottom of the barrel there, especially with such eshop downloads as Pullblox and Zen Pinball that could have been included.
  • BladedFalcon - March 27, 2012 4:32 p.m.

...What is Pokemon Rumble Blast and Tetris Axis still doing here? With more actual good and unique games for the 3DS now, you guys aren't obligated to pad out this list anymore... At least, as with the DS, it's good to see that you guys didn't restrict the list to such asinine standards as "They have to be 10 games no matter what!" and such. Good work on improving little by little ^^
  • Cyberninja - March 27, 2012 3:31 p.m.

DoA still needs to replace Street fighter
  • Errrrbo - March 27, 2012 3:20 p.m.

I'm surprised Tales of the Abyss isn't on here. Good list, though.
  • DSVIP - January 14, 2012 5:01 p.m.

Bladed Falcon is right, except for the fact that even MK7 and mario 3D land are nothing special and have many flaws too, making them not the best in the series. But i dont blame him, he hasnt played them.
  • cL7oud hero - January 11, 2012 4:12 p.m.

Why didn't you guys just pick some eshop games this list is sad but 2012 looks great IMO
  • samsneeze - January 11, 2012 2:17 p.m.

To be honest, I think Dead or Alive: Dimensions should be on the list in place of Street Fighter IV. But you know, opinions.