• fashioneer - November 6, 2011 7:03 a.m.

Welcome to ==== http://www.fashion-long-4biz.............com ==
  • rob619 - November 5, 2011 5:29 p.m.

"xarab4lyfex", you have made some really vaild points namely: 1) Clayface as the final boss in an extremely easy battle? That's it? One of the most rushed endings in history. 2) The AA villians were used so much better, especially Croc and Scarecrow. That body bag scene and the scarecrow battles were one of the most memorable moments in gaming. Nothing special about this game. I strongly agree with this, the ending left a big bitter taste in my mouth! Clayface fight, while Joker, batsman biggest foe ever watched in sides. After fight, Joker die's on his own. Nothing shown at the end which would sugguest a possible continuation of the story. After beating Clayface I couldnt believe it was over! On point 2 I couldnt agree with you more, Scarecrow dream states in Arkham Asylum made that game great, all we got was a little 5 minute Mad Hatter seen. While Scarecrow continually popped up and took you in a different world. Its an ok game: 8. Also could somebody please explain the ending?? Basically The Joker dies because he doesnt get the cure..right??
  • deemerritt - November 5, 2011 3:52 p.m.

References were also made to Metropolis a few times. There was one with Talia talking about "that night in Metropolis" and the other was at the top of wonder tower where strange said something about using the Arkham City model in Metropolis.
  • xarab4lyfex - November 5, 2011 12:11 a.m.

I usually don't leave comments, but I felt I had to for this game. First I would like to start off with how much a disapointment this game really was. For over a year of hype, the game was REALLY short. Like this game's story was shorter than Arkham Asylum's which is TOTALLY unacceptable. And this is after they promised over 50 hours of gameplay. When they said that I didn't expect that 42 of those hours would be spent finding riddler trophies. Second, the story was terrible. Batman being sick, Joker being sick? Okay.....Seriously it was a snooze fest. Now their use of the villans. This was supposed to be an all-star line up with Two-Face, Penguin, Ra, Strange, Freeze, and Joker, but a 5 year old could use these villians better than Rocksteady did. It was a total slap to the face for Two-Face fans especially. I mean really? Getting less than 10 minutes of screen time, just to be beat up by Catwoman? Total disrespect. And Clayface as the final boss in an extremely easy battle? That's it? One of the most rushed endings in gaming since Halo 2. The AA villians were used so much better, especially Croc and Scarecrow. That body bag scene and the scarecrow battles were one of the most memorable moments in gaming. Nothing special about this game. So to wrap it up AA>AC. If I had to give this game a rating, I'd say about an 8 because the combat was better, but the predator was just more of the same and a weaker story. I hope the third batman game is longer than this disapointment or it will be just a rent for me. I already sold AC after beating it and the side missions and two days. No motivation to find all the riddler missions. But at least I got $30 back for it. K my rant is done, though i doubt anyone will care to read it.
  • mothbanquet - November 5, 2011 5:07 a.m.

At first glance your rant would seem incredibly harsh, and I have no doubt that many people will pour scorn on your words but I do think you raise some very valid points here. While I wouldn't say I was let down as a whole (I do have to disagree with you on the Predator aspects) and I still loved every minute of it, there were some aspects that had me a little confused and, in some cases, disappointed. The unveiling of Strange's mysterious benefactor was a huge anticlimax. I literally said aloud: 'Oh...him....again?' Totally agree with you on Two-Face as well, he went from a strong start to a hugely generic final confrontation in which his only dialgoue seemed to be 'blah blah blah bitch, blah bitch blah blah'. So yeah, you're not alone there. Mind you, the Mister Freeze showdown was one of the game's high points for me and all of the good points easily outwiegh the plot's inconsistencies. Along with the addition of side missions (which AA didn't have at all) and the increased number and complexities of the challenges there's more than enough here to keep you going. In only three days I'd beaten the story, gotten all the riddles, beat it again on New Game+ but am I done? Oh hell no, still gotta get gold on all those challenges and get my second Perfect Knight achievable! :)
  • Safety Dance Central - November 5, 2011 8:57 a.m.

I thought protocol 10 was a let down, it being nothing more than kill all the inmates. It would have been better if Strange had formed some kind of mind control that would turn all the inmates docile. This would have been a great moral dilemma for Batman. Since it make him wonder if to truly live in a peaceful world, some people would have to lose their free will.
  • mothbanquet - November 10, 2011 6:57 a.m.

I actually thought that was the way it was going, especially after listening to the Mad Hatter tapes. But yeah, agree with you there though it was cool to watch P10 in action as they tore the city apart.
  • xarab4lyfex - December 12, 2011 10 p.m.

I know this is late, but I agree, it's not a bad game. But from the hype it was getting I would say it was a dissapointment. And I loved the Freeze fight, it was awesome. And I collected the Riddler trophies in AA. But I didn't in AC because the game left a bad taste in my mouth that I just wanted to sell it to get my money back. Do I regret it? No because I used those 30 dollars and my 10 dollar gift card to get Mario 3D Land for free, which ironically was a longer game than Batman. I'm not excited for Arkham World, but I'm hoping it's AT LEAST a longer game with a decent final boss and ending.
  • Smeggs - November 4, 2011 5:39 p.m.

David, you played the Catwoman portion, right? Maybe I just wasn't reading cloesely enough, but you never mentioned Poison Ivy as part of the Doomsday scenario. Hell, she threatens that she'll destroy Arkham City and Gotham.
  • crazyqazqaz - November 4, 2011 1:23 p.m.

games radar, im sure you are aware of them, theres alot of stuff floating around the internet and no doubt many other listeners know about them also. but can you please post some sort of comment or article on the numbers that you can hear at various frequencies on the cryptographic sequencer. if the numbers correspond to letters then one of the frequencies clearly spells out: iwillreturnbatman. not sure about the other ones though hope u can help.
  • duane-pearson - November 4, 2011 12:44 p.m.

Was I the only one who noticed several references to LOST? Joker rants about it on a projection video, and I overheard some thugs talking about it. I get the impression that someone at Rocksteady wasn't happy about how it ended.
  • johno_kush - November 4, 2011 11:49 a.m.

when bats first sees talia she talks about a night they spent in metropolis. does this mean that maybe damien could be in the 3rd. it'd be cool to see rocksteady throw him in there, especially if the joker is going to have a kid too, kind of a rival son
  • Boomaga - November 4, 2011 11:34 a.m.

What about Two-Face as a main villain? Strange is dead. Joker is "dead". Penguin is caged up. Just about every remaining criminal in Arkham City is either rogue or working for Two-Face now. We've got one guy, who is obviously pissed by what Catwoman did to him who now controls the strongest mob force in Gotham City. Rocksteady has a golden opportunity here to make him a much stronger threat than he was in AC.
  • spencertucksen - November 4, 2011 2:23 a.m.

Calendar Man! Also, Mark Hamill said he's done with the Joker. He retired the voice, so I'd say it's highly unlikely he reluctantly returns again (he didn't really even want to do AC) for the second sequel.
  • jande135 - November 4, 2011 9:40 a.m.

Oh he did did he? http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2011/10/29/mark-hamill-not-done-with-joker-batman-arkham-city-and-killing-joke-tweets/ What is it with people just spewing false information in the comments?
  • waitingforCharlietosnap - November 8, 2011 1:50 p.m.

It's funny you mention Calendar Man. I went into the courthouse as Catwoman in the post-game and talked to him, and he mentions her father and Falcone family. It'd be cool if he has a more direct role in the plot next time around.
  • mattdark - November 4, 2011 12:08 a.m.

Where was Harley singing during the credits? All I heard during the credits was Jokers rather surreal take on 'only you' which he sent to batman. Which seemed to touch more on the yin/yang relationship between these 2 characters and how they basically gave the other their reason for what they do. Never heard harley at all.
  • danger.to.others - November 3, 2011 9:27 p.m.

If I learned anything from this article, David Houghton should write the next Batman game. Good read, this is one of the nerdiest articles on Arkham I've seen. Which I mean as only the highest compliment.
  • faceofmonkey - November 3, 2011 8:52 p.m.

This might be a mistake on my part, but when I was fighting Clayface in the theater, I turned on detective mode, and I thought that I saw the "unconscious" status coming from Talia's body.
  • spencertucksen - November 4, 2011 2:24 a.m.

Talia never dies. She's a God damn Al Ghul. Lol