• Ironarm - November 28, 2010 6:37 a.m.

I want this to come out next year, but I don't see how using the Animus would come into play. The main point of Desmond using the Animus in all three games so far was to find the Apple/learn the skills of being an Assassin. He's done both of those now. I'm just interested to see if Ubisoft is going to use the Animus to transport us to another time or if it will be the Desmond game I've been anticipating.
  • LordKreeka - November 28, 2010 5:52 a.m.

wait until 2012, i say
  • coolip - November 27, 2010 9:36 p.m.

Although I do like the idea of setting AC in a new time frame wouldn't the concept of a soldier doing parkour during WW2 seem a little outta place? I mean really? S/he'd be climbing bombed buildings and diving off planes??
  • gilgamesh310 - November 27, 2010 7:34 p.m.

Any 2012 would be the perfect year to release it in because according to AC 2(I havn't completed Brotherhood yet) the world was set to end in 2012 so it would be ideal to set it then, if the world doesn't end for us. At leat 80% of the game should be set on that date where you play as Desmond. He should have all the skills he needs at that stage to prance around modern cities and the game should involve a full on battle with Abstergo.
  • gilgamesh310 - November 27, 2010 7:26 p.m.

There is no way AC 3 will be released next year. AC: Brotherhood was made by the same developers so there would have been time wasted on that that would otherwise have gone into AC 3. Even if it will officially be announced for next year I just know it's not going to come out for at least another year. Too many games get announced to come out at set dates but they nearly always get postponed, especially if they are early announcements. I remember Dead Space 2 being hinted at that it would be out for christmas 2009 and it now not due out till next January. It really sickens me when devs do this. They just say things like that to get our attention and then later decide to postpone the deadline. Im still outraged from Gears of War being delayed from April next your to september. It makes my blood boil!
  • malakai - November 27, 2010 12:59 p.m.

it's not assassins creed 3 it's lost legacy for the 3ds
  • Fleshcrawl - November 27, 2010 8:03 a.m.

I would like to have control over my character this time. Please fix the controls Ubi.
  • DonCorleone - November 27, 2010 6:47 a.m.

I love the world of AC but give us at least 2 years between major releases guys, I need to digest...this is true hardcore gamer 1990... My hype... its been STOLEN! GASP!
  • killerhi5 - November 27, 2010 4:47 a.m.

deffenitly welcome aassasins creed was good, ac 2 was amazing and ac brotherhood i have no words so a third game would deffenitly be welcomed to my game repetoire within days
  • FinderKeeper - November 27, 2010 3:22 a.m.

Next November at the earliest for AC III, but I won't mind if Ubi Montreal take their time in order to put out a truly great game. As far as the historical setting for the next game, I don't expect it to be heavy on Desmond... they've already toyed and stretched the "trilogy" idea to include Brotherhood. So I anticipate that AC III will be in the late 1700s/early 1800s, probably involving the American and/or French revolutions through the Napoleonic Wars, likely have some London chapters. Desmond's ancestor's timeline would end no later than the American Civil War, and the final (?) "Desmond-heavy" game set in 2012 would be released in... 2012.
  • kiwimonster5 - November 27, 2010 2:34 a.m.

lol.....Asscreed
  • GrandMoffBubbles - November 26, 2010 11:15 p.m.

I'm all for new AC games along the 2 year development cycle. The crucial consideration is interesting time periods and urban centers. Victorian London is a great idea. I'd also like to see various Western European cities during the Napoleonic Era. World War I would be good too for German, French and Russian locales as well. For an Early Cold War period Chicago, New York and Moscow would be awesome. The possibilities are endless and exciting.
  • BrianDowns - November 26, 2010 10:31 p.m.

Sounds good. Hopefullt 2 years will be long enough to guarantee this is a good game... No on the female lead though. Please god no.
  • Z-man427 - November 26, 2010 9:18 p.m.

It's obvious at the end of ACB that Ezio's storyline has concluded. Thank god. I loved him in ACII, but this time, he was just not likable. That means that the next console game will have to be ACIII to make any sense. And from the "what the fuck just happened?" ending of ACB, it NEEDS to be modern day. Frankly, Desmond's storyline is a little more engaging, but kind of cast by the wayside. Yeah, the Animus should still be used to a degree, but Desmond's story needs some clarity that can really only come from having th game based around him, not by having the option to check his email. AC is my favorite franchise out today, but I am pretty critical of ACB. It just wasn't as good as touted and the recruit's AI sucked.
  • oryandymackie - November 26, 2010 8:21 p.m.

UBISOFTWANTMONEYMONEYMONEYNOWMOREMONEYCREEDMONEYFINANCIALSUCCESSMOREMONEYCOOKIEMONSTER.
  • big000 - November 26, 2010 8:06 p.m.

If the new Assassin is not like Ezio, I'll buy it
  • LIKEUCARE - November 26, 2010 7:50 p.m.

I commend Ubi with their Assassin's Creed franchise which is a favorite in my book. Also, I'm with Bloodstorm... instead of milking AC yearly, AC3 needs to be played entirely or mainly, in the present/future setting. Sure, we could use the Animus time to time, for info gathering here and there, while jumping time periods along the way from the current Rome setting till you advance in the future with each Animus jump. I doubt the next AC will be the last, but I would really much like the game feels and plays like a true sequel, a real AC3... even if ACB is really good!
  • bron1417 - November 26, 2010 7:37 p.m.

i'm all for it as long as it stars Desmond this time. but if not i'll still be all for it. either way it'll be good. Ubi hasnt let me down yet.
  • sgloomy - November 26, 2010 7:30 p.m.

Im gonna buy it anyways, but they really should have it set in japan, with samurais and ninjas and very awesome [yet somewhat stereotypical] asian accents. I wouldn't mind it being set i n WWII but i rather kill with knives and swords rather than bullets and if it is gonna be in WWII, i have a feeling that guns are going to play a big part
  • hardcore_gamer1990 - November 26, 2010 7:30 p.m.

In a way, I think it's too soon. I got SO excited when I heard about AC II for the first time, and sure, I got excited about ACB too. Just not as much. The more frequent releases are robbing me of my hype! Bastards!