Topics

Anti-Awards

• Redeater - January 9, 2013 12:33 a.m.

I couldn't even get past the Mass Effect entry. Hey Gamesradar, everyone has gotten over the Mass Effect entry long ago. Why do you insist on pulling this Fox News type bullshit and keep stirring the pot? Then you add insult to injury by grouping everyone who had a problem with it into the same category?
  • Redeater - January 9, 2013 12:40 a.m.

I've been visiting this site on average about 3 times a day and have commented usually on every second or third article for the last 5-6 years. If I wanted this type of cheap "controversy to get page hits" journalism I would go back to IGN. This site has seriously been sliding downhill since the original T'dar crew left.
  • TanookiMan - January 9, 2013 7:12 a.m.

Speaking of continually stirring the pot...how long do I have to hear people complain about the "dropping" quality of Gamesradar? If you miss the T'dar crew, do what the rest of us do and listen to Lasertime podcast network! Otherwise, try enjoying and appreciating the "new" staff (who has been here for a while now). Hollander, Ryan, Tom, Lucas all keep me coming back to GR...and Henry, but I assumed that was a given.
  • Redeater - January 9, 2013 11:49 a.m.

Well aside from commenting twice about the new layout this is the first time I have posted about this site going downhill. While I may have over-reacted a bit last night I'm really disliking some of the IGN type changes that are going on. Besides if you have here for more than half a decade you get to recognize the regulars and can pick out the legitimate complaints as opposed to the people who just signed up to bitch about something.
  • TanookiMan - January 9, 2013 6:28 p.m.

@Redeater: Fair enough, I do actually appreciate most of your posts. Didn't mean to single you out, I think I've just been getting frustrated with the general negativity in the comments without appreciating some of the good that has come out of all the changes.
  • Redeater - January 10, 2013 1:05 a.m.

No prob. I'm just getting frustrated at the lack of respect GR seems to showing the people who have kept them in business the last few years. For exampe.... Old GR: Wikiparez would have come out guns blazing ready to explain/defend (or correct :D) this exact same situation. GR now: they enter this fucking radio silence mode.
  • GR HollanderCooper - January 9, 2013 10:14 a.m.

Read the comments, people are obviously still upset about the ME3 ending thing.
  • Bloodstorm - January 9, 2013 10:55 a.m.

think people are more upset that the media still continues to miss the point that it was never about the ending being sad.
  • Redeater - January 9, 2013 11:55 a.m.

Exactly.
  • Redeater - January 9, 2013 11:36 a.m.

I think you need to take your own advice. I'm looking at every Mass effect comment below me on this page and they all say the same thing. The posts aren't complaining about the ending they are complaining about how you guys are lumping everyone into one group. "If you hated the Mass Effect ending you hated it because it was sad." So maybe instead of just scanning the comments for key words I suggest actually....reading them?
  • Jack_Briggs - January 9, 2013 3:46 p.m.

And you're obviously incorrect on why people are upset about it, since you've said your piece on the issue. But that's okay, let's see how relevant the series is when the sequel comes out ; ) Also, FYI, shitting all over your fucking readers doesn't make you a big shot like IGN. You should keep that in mind.
  • BladedFalcon - January 9, 2013 5:23 p.m.

Nobody really comments about the ME3 endings anymore unless the media eggs people, just like that entry obviously did. It's one thing to call the whole thing a massive overreaction, which it was. And another thing is to oversimplify the reasons for the outrage in an incorrect way, and then, even if jokingly, make patronizing jokes as if everyone that complained was a baby.
  • t_skwerl - January 8, 2013 10:18 p.m.

Let me guess; Houghton wrote the ME3 part, right? We weren't ticked because ME3 didn't have a happy ending. We were ticked because it barely had one at all. While it's not quite as bad as 007, it was still pretty bad, and I don't mean it was a downer.
  • winner2 - January 8, 2013 9:03 p.m.

Nailed it with the AC3 page, ya'll summed it up perfectly. And guys, I don't think the last guardian is coming, I've given up hope.
  • FOZ - January 8, 2013 8:16 p.m.

8 months, numerous feature-length videos eviscerating the utter disaster Mass Effect 3's story and ending were, and even Gamesradar, one of the "smaller sites," with writers who actually read some of the comment sections, don't understand even the slightest bit what is so astoundingly terrible about Mass Effect 3's ending. Red Dead Redemption did not have a happy ending, and it is acclaimed by players and media alike. To say people didn't like Mass Effect 3 because it didn't have a happy ending isn't an oversight, it's looking in the wrong direction entirely.
  • CountRichtertoffen - January 8, 2013 7:49 p.m.

Those Mario games are looking to get back to 2005 levels of release floods. I'm curious as to what they can spin off into next (and I'm sure Nintendo can find a way)
  • J-Fid - January 8, 2013 4:29 p.m.

Phew... I was getting worried you guys were not going to do the Anti-Awards since I was expecting it before the new year. Problem avoided.
  • masterjoe123 - January 8, 2013 2:46 p.m.

Doritos and Mountain Dew is the new bread and wine for gamers.
  • Lurkero - January 8, 2013 2:22 p.m.

One feature I look forward to every year. I am still insulted by that Batman Arkham City box art, and I agree with the rest of the awards as well. The too much Mario thing is also dangerous for Nintendo.
  • jack-hentschell - January 8, 2013 3:35 p.m.

The worst part about that box art is that was for a game like Arkham City, a game well worth taking the time to give good box art to, or at least halfway decent box art.
  • MyCoolWhiteLies - January 8, 2013 12:48 p.m.

Also, this is a pretty great article. I had no idea they made a sequel to that awful Naughty Bear game.
  • jack-hentschell - January 8, 2013 1:08 p.m.

That was new to me as well. Was Naughty Bear actually a commercial success?