Wolverine Wants to join The Avengers, Big Hero 6 pics released and get a fresh look at Constantine in today's news round-up(opens in new tab)
• Disney has released some new stills from the Marvel adaptation Big Hero 6. The film will see genius inventor Hiro, his creation Baymax and more join up to protect their home San Fransokyo. Big Hero 6 will be released in the UK on 13 February 2015.
• While fans are waiting anxiously for X-Men: Days Of Future Past , Hugh Jackman is already looking into the future (opens in new tab) and it’s not the X-Men franchise he’s thinking of. "I would love to see him as part of The Avengers ," Jackman admitted. "Because there's a great dysfunction among that team, and I think Wolverine would fit right into that. He'd like that." And why not? Who wouldn’t want to see a Hulk/Wolverine showdown? And as for the banter, Jackman says he wants to see Logan go toe-to-toe with Robert Downey Jr's Tony Stark in a movie.
• The King of Horror, Stephen King, is back and set to have his novel Gerald’s Game adapted (opens in new tab) for the big screen. With the director of the much-anticipated Oculus on board, the movie will hopefully prove a superior King adaptation. Casting is set to begin in the fall this year.
• NBC has released a new clip from their upcoming Constantine show. Based on the Hellblazer comics, Constantine will feature Matt Ryan ( Assassin’s Creed: Black Flag ) as the occult detective alongside Lucy Griffths ( Robin Hood , True Blood ) and Harold Perrineau (The Matrix Reloaded, 28 Weeks Later).
• At first glance Jem And The Holograms might not seem like a movie for sci-fi fans but with Juliette Lewis ( Strange Days ) AND Molly Ringwald ( The Breakfast Club ) joining the cast it might just be worth a watch. GI Joe: Retaliation director Jon M Chu will helm the adaptation (opens in new tab) of the music-driven '80s toon. Jem creator Christy Marx feels confident that Chu will succeed, “He is sincere, passionate, and filled with a desire to make the best Jem movie he can make. He wants to reinvent Jem for a current audience.”
• Flash writer Mark Waid has been chatting about (opens in new tab) The Flash TV show: "I like the look of it. I like that he seems to be having fun as a superhero. Because, again, if your superpower is that you can run really fast and make time stop, it would be a blast… I admit I got chills when he said, ‘My name is Barry Allen, I’m the fastest man alive.’ That gave me chills.” He also comments on Ben Affleck playing the next Batman. “I think he’ll be fine. Look, I was around when — I was literally working in the DC Offices — when Michael Keaton was announced as Batman, and you would have thought that the world had ended at that point. Everyone was all like 'This is the end of all comics.' And it was fine.”
• The key art for Hemlock Grove season two has been revealed (opens in new tab) . After 13 episodes of the tension-packed supernatural drama, the fans have been anxiously waiting. The new season will deal with the town facing the aftermath of the massacre by one of its deadliest creatures and Peter and Roman’s new responsibilities.(opens in new tab)