Spider-Man, Spider-Man, does whatever a spider can. Spins a web, any size, catches thieves just like flies. Look out! Here comes the Spiderman (on iOS). Here comes the Spidermaaaaaan! (on iOS)
That’s right. Not content with making over $340 million at the global box office in his opening week, Spider-Man is swinging his way onto your Android/iDevice in the official game of the movie! As the handy press release puts it:
“ Play through the movie storyline as Spider-Man faces off against the Lizard and rampaging gangs. Web-sling and crawl your way through an open, fully 3D New York while using amazing skills to save the city.
• Climb, jump and web-sling from building to building for an aerial thrill like never before! Picking up collectables and exploring viewpoints along the way throughout five distinctive districts.
• Use Spider-Man’s skills in an exciting and rewarding fighting system – featuring a range of melee moves, ranged moves and special combos to unlock.
• Upgrade Spidey’s wide array of attacks and skills to customise your style.
• In addition to over 25 story missions inspired by the movie, complete a hefty amount of side missions (including random encounters!) to increase your notoriety.
• Advanced shaders and visual effects make Spider-Man, and the world around him, more realistic than ever before!”
We’ve played the first few levels and still can’t quite believe they’ve managed to fit the whole of New York into a tiny iPhone. See for yourself by purchasing a copy from the App Store (opens in new tab) or Google Play (opens in new tab) now. Or why not enter our competition to win one of ten download codes for iOS devices (sorry Android folk)? To enter answer the question behind this magic link (opens in new tab) .