Robert Rodriguez says Sin City 2 will film this summer
Machete 2 set to begin in April
Weekly digests, tales from the communities you love, and more
You are now subscribed
Your newsletter sign-up was successful
Want to add more newsletters?
Every Friday
GamesRadar+
Your weekly update on everything you could ever want to know about the games you already love, games we know you're going to love in the near future, and tales from the communities that surround them.
Every Thursday
GTA 6 O'clock
Our special GTA 6 newsletter, with breaking news, insider info, and rumor analysis from the award-winning GTA 6 O'clock experts.
Every Friday
Knowledge
From the creators of Edge: A weekly videogame industry newsletter with analysis from expert writers, guidance from professionals, and insight into what's on the horizon.
Every Thursday
The Setup
Hardware nerds unite, sign up to our free tech newsletter for a weekly digest of the hottest new tech, the latest gadgets on the test bench, and much more.
Every Wednesday
Switch 2 Spotlight
Sign up to our new Switch 2 newsletter, where we bring you the latest talking points on Nintendo's new console each week, bring you up to date on the news, and recommend what games to play.
Every Saturday
The Watchlist
Subscribe for a weekly digest of the movie and TV news that matters, direct to your inbox. From first-look trailers, interviews, reviews and explainers, we've got you covered.
Once a month
SFX
Get sneak previews, exclusive competitions and details of special events each month!
Sin City 2 has to be one of the most-anticipated properties of recent years, with director Robert Rodriguez continually teasing news of the sequel before putting it off time and again.
Now however, things appear to finally be moving, with a start date finally in sight for the long-awaited project. Rodriguez told The Hollywood Reporter that production is due to start on Sin City 2 this summer, hot on the heels of Machete 2 , which begins filming in April.
Rodriguez wouldn’t be drawn on confirming any cast members, although he did indicate that the project will be likely to target a similarly eclectic mix as the original.
As for which of the comic-book storylines the sequel will adapt, nothing has been confirmed as yet, although previous interviews have suggested A Dame to Kill For will be the primary subject matter.
“ Sin City 2 is primarily an adaptation of the book A Dame to Kill For ,” said Frank Miller last year. “It also features the short story, Just Another Saturday Night and two new stories, one involving Jessica Alba’s character, Nancy Callahan, that I came up with for the movie in order to tie things together and make it be more united with the first.”
Let’s hope this latest news doesn’t precede another false start. We’ve waited long enough…
Bringing all the latest movie news, features, and reviews to your inbox
George was once GamesRadar's resident movie news person, based out of London. He understands that all men must die, but he'd rather not think about it. But now he's working at Stylist Magazine.



