Minecraft Netherite armor is some of the best in the game, a powerful set of armor that can boost your protection against all the toughest foes you'll come across in Minecraft. It's better than Diamond, and can even survive being submerged in lava - a unique characteristic of Netherite since it was added as part of the Minecraft Nether update. It's an essential piece of late-game gear, so we'll explain below how to craft a full set of Netherite armor in Minecraft, and make you the toughest block-buddy the biomes ever saw.
How to craft a Netherite armor set in Minecraft
To craft Netherite armor in Minecraft, players have to obtain a different set of armor and effectively upgrade it. The process goes as follows:
1. Get some Minecraft diamonds and craft Diamond armor. Every piece of the set you get will correspond to a piece of Netherite armor you can get.
2. Acquire a Smithing Table. You can take them from villages, or craft your own by placing two iron ingots over a 2x2 square of wooden planks.
3. Place a Diamond armor set piece in the Smithing Table along with a Netherite Ingot, as shown above.
4. This will provide a Netherite armor piece, "upgrading" the existing Diamond armor into Netherite.
5. Repeat for every Diamond armor piece until you have the full Netherite set.
Want some gear to match that armor? Find out how to get Minecraft Netherite tools here!
Upgrading Diamond armor in this way actually carries over existing enchantments (and lost durability) over to the new Netherite armor, rather than creating a fresh, unchanged piece. Keep this in mind when choosing what to improve.
Netherite armor has +1 Armor Toughness and +1 Knockback Resistance compared to Diamond armor, along with a considerably higher durability. One of the biggest bonuses to everything Netherite is that it floats in lava too!
So if you die in the Nether or in a sneaky lava pool in a cave, your Netherite equipment will be safe, as long as you get back before it despawns. It'll take a while to acquire a full set of Netherite armor but when you do, you'll be sorted for a long time.
Minecraft The Wild update | Minecraft enchanting | Minecraft House | Minecraft Netherite | Minecraft Respawn Anchor | How to tame a fox in Minecraft | How to enchant axes in Minecraft | Minecraft Axolotl | Minecraft Amethyst Shards | Minecraft copper | Minecraft lightning rods | Minecraft glow berries | Minecraft Allay | Minecraft Frogs | Minecraft Iron Golem