Update: Hero Initiative and the BINC Foundation have added new art to their fundraising auction event 'Double Visions.' The charitable program benefiting comic book creators and retailers in need involves two artists drawing two characters in original art to be auctioned off to benefit the two charities.
New art added to the auction block (bidding begins February 2) includes a 20" x 30" Daredevil-Elektra piece penciled by Frank Miller and inked by Klaus Janson coinciding with the 30th anniversary of Elektra Lives Again (see above).
Original art of Rogue by J. Scott Campbell and Psylocke by David Nakayama and a portrait of the stars of Disney Plus' new watercooler streaming hit WandaVision Scarlet Witch by Kevin Nowlan and Vision by Alan Davis highlight other new offerings.
Also available in the new batch of offerings are Mara Jade and Ahsoka by Olivier Vatine and Bengal for Star Wars fans.
Check out a gallery of the Miller-Janson, Campbell-Nakayama, and Davis-Nowlan pieces right here along with more details and a gallery of previously-announced auction items below, or check out the Hero Initiatives auction site directly.
Original story follows...
Hero Initiative, the charity dedicated to helping comic book creators in medical or financial need, announced their latest fundraiser in partnership with the BINC Foundation (Book Industry Charitable Foundation) this week.
Double Visions is an art auction that kicks off February 2 and features two comic book artists teaming to draw original art. That art features two comic book characters to benefit two comic book charities - the Hero Initiative and the Binc Foundation’s Comicbook United Fund, which helps comic book retailers in need due to the ongoing COVID-19 crisis.
Here's a list of some of the original art pieces that will begin to be made available for auction on February 2 (pieces will be auctioned off via Hero's eBay account five at a time) along with Hero Initiative's descriptions:
- Spider-Man and Venom, by Humberto Ramos and Ryan Stegman. Spidey by Humberto, Venom by Ryan…with these two superstars on the art chores, what more can you ask?
- Darth Vader vs. Luke Skywalker in a lightsaber duel by powerhouses Giuseppe Camuncoli and Marco Checchetto
- Elseworlds Batman and Batgirl by legendary creators Howard Chaykin and Dan Brereton.
- Matt Wagner and Tim Sale have paired up to produce not one but TWO Spider-Man/Green Goblin pieces! Who says lightning doesn't strike twice?
- Mike McKone and Tom Raney have contributed two companion pieces, watercolors of Green Lantern and Sinestro! Mike and Tom have been producing amazing work that has dazzled fans for years, and now Tom will be taking the art reins on the new GL series.
- Two of the superstar talents from the defining '90s mutant titles, Larry Stroman and Whilce Portacio bring X-Factor and Bishop to life.
- Fan-favorites Jorge Molina and Phil Noto offer this full-color masterpiece featuring everyone's much-loved couple, Rogue and Gambit.
Additional contributions as described by Hero Initiative include the original art to published work, including:
- Red Hood #51 variant cover by Kael Ngu—One of the hottest new talents provides this iconic image of this member of the Bat-family.
- Defenders #4 variant cover painting by Gabriele Dell'Otto, one of the most sought-after cover artists in the industry has donated this incredibly powerful image!
Hero Initiative is also promising additional announcements featuring superstar creators like Chris Bachalo, Neil Gaiman, Dale Keown, Ed McGuinness, Adam Kubert, Jose Luis Garcia-Lopez, J. Scott Campbell, David Nakayama, and more.
A gallery of artwork is available to view on Hero Initiative’s website.