The Genshin Impact Wenut Tunnels let you access the City of the Deceased Domain. It's a new Version 3.4 location in Sumeru that's pretty well-hidden. The rewards you can claim for finding the area are well worth getting too, so we got a full City of the Deceased walkthrough that covers how to find the Wenut Tunnels, the puzzle you need to solve to enter, and everything you'll get for your efforts. So, if you don’t want to wander around the desert trying to find the entrance by chance, this guide will help you out.
It's worth noting that this is somewhere you'll need to access as well if you're on hunt for Genshin Impact Sand Grease Pupa. The Genshin Impact Fane of Panjvahe Domain and Genshin Impact Dirge of Bilqis quest are other new additions we've got covered as well, if you want help with those.
Genshin Impact City of the Deceased Domain rewards
As a one-time challenge, the City of the Deceased has some excellent rewards. Here’s the full list:
- Primogems x40
- Adventure Experience x500
- Dendro Sigils x5
- Artifact: Legacy of the Desert Highborn x1 (four-star Circlet of Logos equipment piece)
- Talent Level-Up Material: Guide to Praxis x2
- Hero’s Wit x3
- Mystic Enhancement Ore x5
- Mora x40.000
Genshin Impact City of the Deceased location
The City of the Deceased Domain is in the Desert of Hadramaveth, the northwestern corner of Sumeru. It's just north of the Sand of Al-Azif, inside the Wenut Tunnels. It's hidden away in an underground cave area, so you won’t reach it by simply walking across the desert.
How to enter the Genshin Impact Wenut Tunnels
There are several ways into the Wenut Tunnels, this is the shortest route: First, use the Teleport Waypoint west of the Dunes of Steel, then walk to the northeast and drop down to the path below (follow the arrow in the picture). There’s a cave opening leading down into the Wenut Tunnels, towards the south.
Keep following this tunnel until you see a stone square on the left. This is actually the top of the City of the Deceased Domain, which is buried beneath the sand.
How to unlock the City of the Deceased in Genshin Impact
The City of the Deceased puzzle requires you to light every nearby torch. So switch to a Pyro character and light the two torches on either side of the stone square. Then, turn around and go to the lower path, where you’ll find two more torches.
After lighting all four torches, interact with the square mechanism next to the Domain, which is the final step to unlocking it. Doing so will also spawn a Common Chest.
Genshin Impact City of the Deceased walkthrough
Upon entering the Genshin Impact City of the Deceased, here’s what you must do to complete it:
- Follow the path and defeat the enemies you encounter. In the first larger room, defeating every opponent will spawn a Common Chest.
- Interact with the red mechanism to start a time trial. Use the Four-Leaf Sigils to pick up every orb. You have one minute and get a Common Chest as a reward.
- The next Domain trial is a timed combat challenge. Be ready to face two Hilichurls (Electro), two small slimes (Pyro) and one large Slime (Hydro) in the first round. After defeating them, you'll fight the same enemies again, plus a larger Mitachurl. You'll get an Exquisite Chest for defeating them.
- Follow the path, defeating minor enemies, until you reach another open room. The final combat is to defeat three waves of Slimes and Fungi (including one large Shroom per wave). They come in all elemental types except Cryo and Anemo.
And that’s it! You’ve successfully completed the Genshin Impact City of the Deceased Domain. Don’t forget to open your Precious Chest before leaving.