PlayStation reportedly confirms end of PC support for major single-player games as CEO commits to console exclusivity
The days of God of War and The Last of Us coming to PC are seemingly over
New comments from PlayStation Studios CEO Hermen Hulst reportedly confirm the end of Sony's major single-player games coming to PC, affirming earlier claims that the company is pulling back from the platform.
Reiterating the outlet's March report, Bloomberg reporter Jason Schreier says on Bluesky: "PlayStation studio business CEO Hermen Hulst told staff in a town hall Monday morning that the company's narrative single-player games will now be PlayStation exclusive, confirming Bloomberg's reporting from earlier this year."
Hulst's exact words are unknown, but the message seems clear. Going forward, games like God of War, Marvel's Spider-Man, The Last of Us, and Horizon Zero Dawn – all previously released or remastered on PC sometime after their PlayStation console debut – will no longer be available outside PlayStation hardware.
However, multiplayer games like Helldivers 2 – the crown jewel of Sony's largely disastrous live service push – and upcoming spinoff Horizon Hunters Gathering can still seemingly come to both PC and PlayStation consoles. Helldivers 2 is also on Xbox, which is a non-trivial detail here. PlayStation-backed games in the same vein could potentially come to other consoles in the future as well. Just look at Marathon, a multi-platform shooter made and published by Bungie, a studio that Sony owns.
This decision seems to extend only to major PlayStation studios and single-player IP, not every single-player game that Sony touches. Naughty Dog's Intergalactic: The Heretic Prophet is the obvious example; we can seemingly give up on that ever coming to PC, even years down the road like the Uncharted series.
Recently released PS5 shooter Saros also will not come to PC, Schreier affirms in a separate reply, even though developer Housemarque's previous title, Returnal, did (and plays best on PC).
Another useful corner case is found in Kena: Scars of Kosmora, successor to Kena: Bridge of Spirits. Scars of Kosmora is a single-player game but will be published by PlayStation Publishing on Steam and the Epic Games Store. On the PlayStation Store, its publisher is listed as Sony Interactive Entertainment.
Weekly digests, tales from the communities you love, and more
Made by independent studio Ember Lab, the subject of considerable promotion by Sony, the single-player Kena duology began on PS4, PS5, and PC in 2021. Bridge of Spirits was later brought to Xbox and Nintendo consoles (published by Ember Lab on all platforms), and the second game is still eyeing PlayStation and PC.
This should not be confused with timed, third-party console exclusives like the Final Fantasy 7 Remake trilogy. That also goes for games like Stellar Blade, a once PS5-exclusive, independently made game which was published – and on PC, co-published – by Sony. In this case, developer Shift-Up has actively pushed to publish Stellar Blade 2 itself.
Horizon Hunters Gathering, a cartoonish take on Monster Hunter, also provides some clarity here. Like Horizon Zero Dawn and Horizon Forbidden West, it's made by Guerrilla Games and published on PC by PlayStation. It will seemingly come to PC as planned, not by the same rules as Kena, but because it's a multiplayer game. However, a hypothetical third entry in the mainline Horizon series starring protagonist Aloy would not come to PC under Sony's new direction.
This news also rules out ports for games like Ghost of Yotei, the follow-up to Ghost of Tsushima, which was released on PC in 2024. Yotei was released on PS5 in October 2025, so if PC Tsushima fans want to see what developer Sucker Punch cooked up next, they'll have to buy a console. The same goes for Marvel's Wolverine, Insomniac's next superhero action game after Marvel's Spider-Man.

Austin has been a game journalist for 12 years, having freelanced for the likes of PC Gamer, Eurogamer, IGN, Sports Illustrated, and more while finishing his journalism degree. He's been with GamesRadar+ since 2019. They've yet to realize his position is a cover for his career-spanning Destiny column, and he's kept the ruse going with a lot of news and the occasional feature, all while playing as many roguelikes as possible.
You must confirm your public display name before commenting
Please logout and then login again, you will then be prompted to enter your display name.
