Battlefield 1 (opens in new tab) will come with six multiplayer modes and nine maps, with another map rolling out as free DLC in December. According to the official Battlefield 1 Twitter account (opens in new tab), we now know every map and mode that will arrive with the game on October 21. Here they are!
Battlefield 1 maps
- Ballroom Blitz - Battle through a pristine chateau and smash some chandeliers.
- Argonne Forest - Ambush the enemy in this infantry focused deep-woods map.
- Fao Fortress - Clash across marshes and dunes then battle through an ancient fort.
- Suez - Fight on the banks of the canal or flank up into the dunes while evading mortar fire.
- The St. Quentin Scar - Close-quarters village brawls meet long distance sniper vantages.
- Sinai Desert - Keep your head down in this arid paradise for snipers and aviators.
- Amiens - Stick to the bridges and railways or grit your teeth for hectic urban warfare.
- Monte Grappa - Italians scale the Alps as Austro Hungarians beat them back with cannon fire.
- Empire's Edge - A fortified shoreline is a perfect opportunity for some battleship barrages.
- Giant's Shadow (Free DLC in December) - Infantry, tanks, and a train clash in the open air.
Battlefield 1 modes
- Conquest - The classic Battlefield experience, capture and defend spawn points.
- Domination - A more close-quarters, infantry-focused version of Conquest.
- Operations - Fight across multiple maps in an extended campaign of Attack and Defense.
- Rush - Attackers try to destroy Telegraph Posts while Defenders use them to call in artillery.
- War Pigeons - Secure the pigeon coup! Carry a pigeon to safety! Send it off to call in a strike!
- Team Deathmatch - Shoot the bad guys, not the good guys.
If you want to bayonet charge across even more semi-historical battles, you can pick up the Battlefield 1 Season Pass (opens in new tab). It will add 16 new maps across four DLC expansions, with the first pack planned to arrive in March 2017.
Seen something newsworthy? Tell us!