The Trials of the Gods' challenge will have you asking how to beat Anubis in Assassin's Creed Origins. This version of Anubis is the size of a three story building and isn't going to down with a few taps of your favorite sword. With that in mind here are a few tips and tricks for how to defeat Assassin's Creed Origins (opens in new tab)' God of Death at his own game and exactly what exciting loot you’ll get for sending him back to the Duat where he belongs. There is a slight spoiler if you haven't finished the story but you can skip through and avoid it, just be warned.
- 12 essential Assassin’s Creed Origins tips (opens in new tab) to know before you play
- How to get the Assassin's Creed Origins secret armour (opens in new tab)
If you can dodge a flaming hyena, you can beat Anubis. Well, mostly. One thing to note is that to battle the god, Origins suggests that you should be level 40 so if you’re kicking around level 35 or 36 you’re going to want to climb a bit to stop one hit kills from the mummy zombies he produces. It won't take long to naturally level up if you pick some high XP quests to power through before he leaves in a week's time. If you're only just starting though, there's no need to rush through the game as he'll come back around again after the other three gods have appeared.
For your troubles and sending him back to the land of the dead, you’ll get 1000XP, 10 Uplay points, an Anubis Gear Set item, and the Conductor of Souls sword. This dropped at my current level of 38 for me but has a serious improvement of stats and has strong critical hit rate, combo multiplier and the nice perk of health on kill. A nice bonus is a full set of Anubis armour once you’ve completed the Trials of the Gods four times.
- How to get silica in Assassin’s Creed Origins silica (opens in new tab)
- 10 Assassin's Creed Origins hidden mechanics (opens in new tab) you're never told about
- Here's where to find all of the Assassin's Creed Origins Stone Circles (opens in new tab)