• Jackonomics2.0 - May 13, 2014 2:05 p.m.

"The main reason to buy it over PS4" not really. Kinect is garbage, I bought the Xbone because of series I like, it's not that hard honestly for a person to choose. Sure now people will shut up about Kinect for once, maybe it'll help in sales from this move. All we know is that Kinect hasn't shown it's worth outside Dance Central. Then again, any gimmick that isnt major from Nintendo is never gonna show it's worth, especially without devs that are willing to give a shit.
  • BladedFalcon - May 13, 2014 4:51 p.m.

Specially because even the gimmicks from Nintendo often fail to show their worth as well :P
  • Jackonomics2.0 - May 14, 2014 1:37 p.m.

Doesn't change the fact that Nintendo actually have devs that make games around their gimmicks, even certain third parties like Ubisoft are using it, Kinect is just out there in the wind. And we don't need to forget that Sony just flat out jumped shit because they know they shouldn't bother with the PS Camera, Microsoft is just forcing something that wont work.
  • BladedFalcon - May 14, 2014 5:36 p.m.

Making games around a gimmick doesn't necessarily make the gimmick a worthwhile one, specially when despite the work put into it, you can see the core of most games working just as fine, if not flat out better, without using said gimmick. (See: Donkey Kong Country: returns, Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2, Punch Out, Mario Kart Wii, so on and so on.)
  • Jackonomics2.0 - May 14, 2014 6:32 p.m.

Its not guaranteed to appeal to everyone, especially people that are super cynical about it.(not saying you are) Though when it works, it works, and it shouldnt be ignored but in this society it tends to do so allot. You should look at games that did wonders with it, like Zack and Wiki, Metroid Prime 3/Trilogy, No More Heroes, Pikmin 3 etc.., pointing out those that dont isnt really helping anyones case but those that just wanna prove they dont think its worth it.
  • GamesRadarCollanderCooper - May 13, 2014 1:35 p.m.

They think that price is the only thing keeping them from outselling the PS4 and I'm not sure it is.
  • Doctalen - May 13, 2014 1:21 p.m.

And it only took them a year of taking it up the ass to realize no one wants Kinect and the $100 extra dollars it adds to it. Nonetheless all of these flips will never calm my disdain for their previous attitude.
  • pl4y4h - May 13, 2014 1:15 p.m.

In a move shocking no one, microsoft does what it should've done from the start. I give it a 5/10
  • james-myhre - May 13, 2014 1:10 p.m.

i still have no interest in it
  • ObliqueZombie - May 13, 2014 12:43 p.m.

Now they just need to up their Games with Gold, err, game and I'll still never go back! R.I.P. Halo, Gears of War, Microsoft. I like your sweet 180s, though.
  • BladedFalcon - May 13, 2014 4:52 p.m.

Why are you making an obituary of Halo and Gears of War? XD
  • ObliqueZombie - May 13, 2014 8:43 p.m.

Maaan, after Judgment's drastic fundamental changes and 343's poop multiplayer for 4 (great story, I'll find a way to enjoy that at least), I have abandonded the series which I held very dear. No game franchise as big as that and as MP-centric as that will revert back to an older, simpler state. :(
  • BladedFalcon - May 13, 2014 10:13 p.m.

Aaaaaah... I get it now. It's not that you thought those franchises were actually dead... they are simply dead in your heart, got it XD
  • BladedFalcon - May 13, 2014 12:24 p.m.

This was the only move to make, really. Henry makes it sound like it's a shame and as if the Kinect 2.0 had ANY kind of potential... When it really didn't. From day one even those seriously looking forward to the Kinect 2.0 expressed disappointment over it, and also how it didn't really work nearly as well as promised. A huge deal was made about it's other functions such as sensing biometric readings and shit... Six months have passed since the release of the console, show me even ONE game that makes proper use of the Kinect 2.0 supposed "new" and "improved" functions. At least the first Kinect had dance central to show for it... this time Kinect 2.0 didn't have even that. Honestly, this is good news, but it came 6 months late. The kinect is garbage, always has been, along with all the gimmicky motion controls that have come out so far. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. New hardware and motion controls will be worth ONLY after a good amount of developers know of new ideas to work for the technology... and only if this technology actually works as promised. Neither of this things have happened so far... So why cry over the death of a peripheral that from the get go demonstrated wasn't worth it?
  • Vonter - May 13, 2014 1:21 p.m.

I suppose but I think the timing is right. Now both we'll have to really brag about the games they'll be showing for E3 to convince the consumer. But still knowing 3rd party games run at a lesser performance on the Xbone makes a bit of noise. Isn't this solvable with an update or something?
  • BladedFalcon - May 13, 2014 4:57 p.m.

I have no idea, but if it could be fixed with a patch, you'd think they would have done it by now... Anyway, people might make noise about that shit, but I really couldn't care less if a game runs in 1080 or 720. It does speak less about MS's console, but not by much. Kinda like often Multiplat games ran and looked slightly worse on the PS3 than in the 360, it was lame, but not a deal breaker. Anyhow, as I don't yet own any next gen console yet, (And seeing the backlog I have, I don't plan to get one in at least 1 or 2 years more..) this pretty much puts Microsoft and Sony on a level playing field for me. And you're right, this E3 will be defined by who shows the better games. Despite my previous attacks and big distaste for Microsoft's tactics with the Xbone, if they put on a better show this time they might finally make me start paying attention to their console more.
  • Vonter - May 13, 2014 6:06 p.m.

I don't know the 360 did had updates that changed the general look of the UI. Why does everyone think about resolution, unless you have a big fuckin' TV that's a non issue. What does in fact gets noticeable is framerate. I'll admit it is a visual flare in some genres but that is something that is more directed to gameplay, fast input it's still fast input. Yeah me neither, but I hope the E3 buffet shows some big guns for this fall. As of now I'm only looking to get a new console because of Batman. Since Rocksteady hasn't dissapointed me. I also hope Microsoft still gets japanese games, since it'll be a huge loss if it only went for western games.
  • BladedFalcon - May 13, 2014 10:20 p.m.

Oh, I'm not saying the updates can't be big, but being able to change the entire interface isn't the same as changing the internal architecture or structure of the machine. I'm no expert of course, but I'd think the main issue of why the Xbone can't handle the bigger resolutions and framerate is owed to a physical limitation of the hardware, rather than the software. (Not necessarily that it's less powerful, but that the processor and memory they use have different strengths) See I don't really noticed either resolution, or framerate, (Unless sit dips drastically below 10 FPS, even I can notice that XD) so to me that's a non-issue. I mean, even when it's visibly notable changes like say, inferior textures in one version, (See the grass in Mafia II on the PS3, compared to the 360, shouldn't be hard to find.) I never really care that much. Yeah, well, if we believe MS at point blank, they assure us they have Japanese support even for exclusives... So I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
  • Vonter - May 13, 2014 6:11 p.m.

Also Lionsgate (Saw, Twilight, Divergent, Hunger Games) is gonna make a Power Rangers movie. Yeah it doesn't have to do with this, but you need to know.