• HAMMERCLAW - January 30, 2014 4:08 p.m.

Is posting inflammatory articles to draw attention to a website on the wane a desperate ploy for hits?
  • Moondoggie1157 - January 30, 2014 6:23 p.m.

Your mothers a desperate ploy for hits... yea, i went there
  • HAMMERCLAW - January 30, 2014 7:42 p.m.

No, but you're mother's desperate, she told me so last night. At least I know who MY father is.
  • Moondoggie1157 - January 30, 2014 8:21 p.m.

MY MOTHERS A SAINT!! We both know who yo' Daddy is.... It's me, in case you didn't guess... I'm yo' daddy. Now tell daddy how good he is to you, mmmhm ;)
  • BladedFalcon - January 30, 2014 9:10 p.m.

You're drunk again, aren't you :P And yes, I could have gone for the low ganging fruit of meme jokes, but I'm better than that... I think.
  • Moondoggie1157 - January 30, 2014 9:46 p.m.

Oh! And here comes mr. righteous-bladedfalcon! Haha yea I had one or two tonight... Been a rough winter :P I just needed to lash out, I didn't mean it. STOP! Hammerclaw! Also, finally got my dragon bone smasher in demon souls... While un-armed and un-armoured ;) A glorious night it is
  • HAMMERCLAW - January 31, 2014 3:38 p.m.

I woulda been YOUR daddy. (but a dog beat me over the fence.)
  • Moondoggie1157 - January 31, 2014 5:15 p.m.

Touché, hammerclaw, touché...
  • HAMMERCLAW - January 31, 2014 5:26 p.m.

Pax, I've run out of cliches'.
  • Scammeleon - January 30, 2014 1:28 p.m.

I don't think it's an indication of anything bad right now at all. The slim xbox had a bunch of limited edition versions come out not long after it was launched, it's just a new quirk of Microsoft that works for them. The limited/different editions don't cost much more to make, they can charge more for them a lot of the time AND Microsoft know that there WILL be a handful of people buying who already bought the previous model. Let's face it Nintendo have been doing the same thing for a while, and they're not in any troub... Oh.
  • Doctalen - January 30, 2014 12:41 p.m.

That titan fall design looks nice, maybe I'll pay for a custom skin similar to that if I ever buy a ps4. If that's even possible.
  • Errrrbo - January 30, 2014 9:06 a.m.

I don't want to pick on Andy Hartup, but between this article and his "Japan doesn't care about new consoles based on Keiji Inafune not being eager to play Dead Rising 3" article, he's developing a habit of writing articles where he pulls a conclusion out of his ass based on extremely weak evidence. I mean seriously, the main thrust for your suggestion that Microsoft is "desperate" is that they're coming out with a white console and a Titanfall themed console? Calling that a stretch would be an understatement. Isn't coming in black or white extremely common for electronics? Is Apple desperate for doing it with iPhone? The Wii U launched with black and white versions too. (Depending on which SKU you picked) If anything, it's unusual that the PS4 comes in one color. The Xbox One sold 3 million units in 5 weeks. It's doing very well. Chill with the flame bait, and write better articles.
  • GR_LucasSullivan - January 30, 2014 10:50 a.m.

I wouldn't think of it as a definitive, irrefutable conclusion--just an extrapolation backed by valid points. These commentaries are mainly meant to spur thinking and talking, which you've done.
  • Errrrbo - January 31, 2014 4:09 a.m.

Creating discussion is a fine goal, but I don't think it should be done by twisting facts to fit the narrative the writer wants it to. The primary thrust of Mr. Hartup's argument is that the new white and Titanfall-themed Xbox Ones suggest Microsoft is desperate, and in my opinion the article completely fails to enforce that argument. GamesRadar articles usually generate discussion by being entertaining and making good points, whereas this article just throws a hypothesis at the wall to see what the reaction is. That's essentially what NeoGAF is for, and in my view GamesRadar is way above that sort of thing.
  • Wisdomcube2000 - January 30, 2014 7:29 p.m.

Yeah I gotta agree even after what Lucas said below, this seems way too much like flame bait. Not something I expect of GR, but I guess we all have our moments...
  • Sy87 - January 30, 2014 9 a.m.

Yep, I learned from last gen. I'm still going to wait until I see how well these models do. Annoyed by microsoft's customer service.
  • g1rldraco7 - January 30, 2014 8:32 a.m.

That Titanfall edition of the Xbox1 is tempting, but I'm going to wait until I cleared out my 360 game library.
  • wadesmit - January 30, 2014 7:49 a.m.

Wow. This and MS's offer to "recycle" PS3s for a $100 discount on an xbone is definitely desperate.
  • archnite - January 30, 2014 9:03 a.m.

XBONES ARE PEOPLE XBONES ARE PEOPLE! wait they are really doing this?