• Amnesiac - April 7, 2009 9:33 p.m.

Also, a direct quote from the article: “ And to be fair, the bugs don’t occur in every single copy of the game.”
  • Amnesiac - April 7, 2009 9:31 p.m.

Just because you didn't encounter any glitches doesn't mean they don't exist. And according to those forum posts, its other users' personal experiences that the game is in dire need of serious fixing.
  • djdue - April 7, 2009 9:24 p.m.

Its not fanboyism, I'm just trying to figure out why the writer's version is screwed but my is fine. Maybe just the 360 version is busted. Did the writer observe these bugs on the ps3. Maybe to be more accurate the article should be titled Far Cry 2 on 360 is broken.
  • djdue - April 7, 2009 9:20 p.m.

Looks like Fishow didn't come across any glitches either. That makes two.
  • CAPST3R - April 7, 2009 8:31 p.m.

hah-i had a friend shoot me after i saved him. i had saved just as i was getting him up. i just ended up shooting him and continuing without a care-after all he did shoot at me. i'm just thankful that i had a shotgun, i would have got pretty pissed otherwise.
  • Wave360 - April 7, 2009 7:11 p.m.

I experienced a glitch like that when i would walk into a house to get my next mission and the guy who was supposed to give it to me would just look at me and not give me anything... Luckily i did a side quest and returned and it was fixed... (That was the only bug i ever got but then again i sold the game before i finished because it got boring)
  • Pugnate - April 19, 2009 8:47 a.m.

This is Ubisoft. They do this crap all the time. Rainbow Six Vegas, Splinter Cell: DA, Silent Hunter 4 etc etc etc etc had gamestopping bugs some of which took years... I mean YEARS of pleading to fix. Ubisoft pretty much stops working once they release a game.
  • Spartan523 - April 14, 2009 3:33 p.m.

I haven't encountered any of the glitches mentioned...but im if the game is that broken then it needs to be fixed. and its bullshit to try and charge for it if thats what ubisoft is doing
  • lincoln6echo - April 13, 2009 3:18 p.m.

re-CAPTCHA - hulks violin I have had it with Far Cry 2! After spending nearly 40 hours collecting 220 diamonds, I only needed one more. I knew where it was and how to get to it, but my luck ran out. Just as I was on my way there, the game froze and had no choice but to re-boot my 360. When I tried it loading my saved game,I'd get a msg. saying "the save is corrupted" Which kinda makes me wish I saved in more than 2 slots. However this was my third play through, so my days of combing the African landscape in search of blood diamonds is over. Nice article GR, annoying glitch/bug Ubisoft.
  • phoenix_wings - April 13, 2009 6:24 a.m.

Now that that's out of the way...my apologies for the double post. If a game doesn't work 100% of the time, IMHO, it's broken. The car analogy is a little old, and as it appears, ineffective. Let's say you and me both fall down the stairs. You break your arm, but I don't, ergo does that mean your arm isn't broken? Mine isn't. So does that mean anybody that falls down the stairs doesn't break their arm? The title of this article is kind of like "Falling Down the Stairs Breaks Your Arm." Doesn't happen all the time, but happens a pretty good percent of the time. I hope this clears all of that up. Yours works, ours doesn't. Go run along and play now, but not near the stairs. Doesn't Ubisoft has a history of releasing glitchy, buggy games? Farcry: Vengeance (yeah, my boyfriend bought it for the wii) was TERRIBLE! The glitches would almost be laughable (and some of them were) if they didn't cause you to rip out your hair in frustration. One of the only other games that I remembered having a major glitch in it were the CSI games, all made by Ubisoft (yeah...boyfriend also bought those...). I understand a few bad bugs, SH: Homecoming had a couple of bad glitches in it too. But those can be easily fixed, Ubisoft seems to be hoping that the problem will go away if the game is cheap enough--that gamers wil go, "Well--it's only 20 bucks, I guess it's tolerable."
  • phoenix_wings - April 13, 2009 6:14 a.m.

bro⋅ken    /ˈbroʊkən/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [broh-kuhn] 1. pp. of break. 2. reduced to fragments; fragmented. 3. ruptured; torn; fractured. 4. not functioning properly; out of working order. Just for those of you that didn't get what "broken" meant.
  • Jorw - April 13, 2009 3 a.m.

Thanks a ton for the warning. No way I'm buying this game.
  • JohnnyMaverik - April 10, 2009 9:42 p.m.

Bugger that, even with out bugs this game is securom infested. A broken game with nasty DRM on it. I dont care how good it's might to be/could have been if they'd actually finished polishing it, i'm giving it a miss.
  • EllOhEll - April 9, 2009 3:45 a.m.

Luckily, on my first playthrough I didn't encounter any game-breaking stuff, except for a couple of freezes. Then on my second playthrough I revived a buddy only to have him start trying to shoot my head off with a shotgun (Scared the crap out of me). Shortly after my save game wouldn't load. Why the hell is Ubisoft being so slow in patching this? I bought it when it was $60 and I feel ripped off.
  • Shifty1001 - April 9, 2009 2:57 a.m.

Okay okay I was totally content with staying out of this one, until I read magicwalnuts0's comment. "There's no proof here"?? Seriously? Did you read the article? Not only is there proof, there is WELL-DOCUMENTED proof. It's not like this is some elaborate internet hoax; April Fools Day is long past. There are many people who have experienced these same bugs. And I'm sorry, but did you actually say that this article is half assed because GR didn't track down the nature of the bugs? Shane and Matt aren't game testers. Why should they do Ubisoft's job? Here, let me use a car analogy, since they seem to be so popular: One of the tires on your car magically flies off while driving. According to your logic, you can't be upset about it, nor can you report it to the car company, until you stick it back on and drive around multiple times until you can make it fly off again. No. You lose. Good work, GR. I'll be following this article over the next little while to see how it works out. I was thinking about getting back into FC2, until I read this.
  • big rudy - April 9, 2009 12:28 a.m.

alright djdue, posting THREE consecutive comments backing yourself up without a response from the person you're arguing with is TOTALLY not fanboyism
  • magicwalnuts0 - April 8, 2009 9:03 p.m.

I have not encountered a single bug, but I play it on a PC where some systems will work perfectly for some games and other games wont run at all and all the inbetweens. However, I find it hard to believe that the bugs don't exist in every single copy of the PS3 and 360 versions. If the nature of the bugs are that a certain pattern of events have to take place to crash the game then I could see a handful of people not experiencing them at all. I applaud the spirit behind this article, since a game as popular as Far Cry 2 should be patched for bugs as soon as possible. But, there's no proof here, unless you track the bugs specifically and see what makes them occur then this is just a totally half assed article, sorry.
  • Jaggy - April 8, 2009 8:35 p.m.

I think I know what causes this, in simple words it's mission completed deception. The game says you finished a mission when in fact it's not, click escape and see "cleared some room/time for another mission, blah blah". But you didn't really finish the last mission. Solution: I was stuck at 27% and found out I never talked to the character(old guy) I saved in a shootout. Talking to him was the real mission complete trigger and not the usual title that pops up saying "Mission Completed" and the "got free time" on the mission menu is very misleading. I'd be willing to bet most of these gamestopping bugs has to do with this. I'm only around 70% done right now. But I've successfully gotten past the 27% point and know now what to look out for.
  • VideoGameKing - April 8, 2009 7:18 p.m.

what kind of bug is this,ive never herd of that kind of bug before
  • djdue - April 8, 2009 6:39 p.m.

I don't think the article is misleading at all, expect for that one quote. Well documented, and throughly done. I just think the title is misleading, This is a common problem in journalism. Far Cry 2 Has Bugs would be a correct title. If you stand by it then your next article should be xbox 360 broken- its well documented to have a higher failure rating than this bug in this game.