We Recommend

• Dullshimmer - February 6, 2012 5:13 p.m.

Honestly, the whole system is a bit of a mess. I can understand why developers and publishers would love a system that didn't allow used game purchases. However, the "only 60$" quote is where I think there is a lot of disconnect. I understand that games can cost a lot to make, but not everyone has enough money to be shelling out 60$ for every game that comes out or even just the games they're interested in. If we do see a new only market, then games pricing is going to have to be a lot more flexible. I think this is starting to be seen in the digital market. Steam is probably the best example of this as they do an overall good job of having sales and changing prices on games as they get older. The problem is that most brick and mortar stores don't do this well at all. So perhaps the only way to do this is with a digital marketplace, but that has its own issues as well.
  • Triscuitable - February 6, 2012 5:12 p.m.

If you want us to buy new, then put your digital games on sale often, sell them in bundles, and reduce the bloody price! Dammit! You corporate idiots don't get that we'll buy games that aren't charging absurd amounts of money! Call of Duty gets away with it because it's goddamned Call of Duty! Battlefield, maybe, but anything else is trying way too hard, and should be put at the reasonable price of $50, for even $40. Godspeed, if you sell it at $40. Then you've just paved way for everyone's favorite "GameStop: We Sell Last Gen, Nothing New Used" stores. They lose profit, they go out of business. Think, you damned apes.
  • Cyberninja - February 6, 2012 5:09 p.m.

say i have the latest fighting game that i bought brand new and i take it to my friends house, i wouldn't be able to play the game, i paid the developers for, they may have just lost a sale because of the friend who wanted to try the game before they made the investment and then they would be losing both customers and money because, some idiot thought it would be a good idea to lock out all used games without thinking about the consequences
  • DualWieldingIsNotFeasible - February 6, 2012 5:06 p.m.

I'll say this: if games drop in price fast enough after release, I don't really care if I can't play used games. I only buy used stuff because it's significantly cheaper, and older games usually aren't on store shelves unless they're used copies. I'll gladly pay $60 at launch (and do, for most of my games), but a year later that crap better be $20, or I'm going for the used copy every time.
  • meg127 - February 6, 2012 5:02 p.m.

Only $60? Are you kidding. I don't have a lot of money to spend. Trading in my games is a great because I get to play more games that way. Maybe if companies didn't charge so much for games people would buy new.
  • onetimebuster - February 6, 2012 4:58 p.m.

Could the reason the next xbox might not allow you to play used games becuase the system might not use discs.