Topics

mmorpg

• artcellrox - October 16, 2013 11:54 a.m.

You guys might want to rewrite Project Phoenix to The Phoenix Project. I thought you were talking about the Nobuo Uematsu-fronted JRPG that also started from Kickstarter.
  • ObliqueZombie - October 16, 2013 9:38 a.m.

Some of these MMOs LOOK cool. Graphically, nearly every MMO on the market is looking phenomenal. But there are simply too many freaking MMOs... to me, the lore is what hooks me in for good. Usually that means established franchises are best for MMOs in my opinion, and that's one reason I'm really enjoying FFXIV and to this day WoW (yeah yeah I know). But I hope these do well, even though statistically hardly any of them might. Even MMO enthusiasts have a limit on time and money spent in this genre.
  • Frieza - October 15, 2013 9:10 p.m.

I hope Blade and Soul comes out this year. I would love to experience its beautifully designed world in the eyes of an overly sexualized martial artist. Mmm... Bib boobies... I'll probably pick up WildStar when it goes F2P. I won't be able to pay for it without a steady source of income, and by the time I manage to get one the game will probably be F2P. They might have an appealing and fair subscription model in place (although a bit too expensive for my liking), but it will only be a matter of time before they adapt a more accessible F2P model, just like a lot of MMOs these days. I never got to play City of Heroes (even if I did buy it when it first came but, but couldn't play it because it was subscription based), so I may try out City of Titans when it's released. I hope the player base has a strong influence on the lore, unlike pretty much every MMO out today...
  • MMOpsych5 - October 14, 2013 3:43 p.m.

check out this shit, pretty cool: a new mmo: realms of goldesia...google it, pretty cool like the direction they are taking
  • sam-skelding - October 10, 2013 1:11 a.m.

im sorry but i have one scruple to make about this article. star wars galaxies? dissapointment? how dare you! that game gave me 7 years of blissful entertainment so unless you are reffering to the dissapointment being its shutdown then i have to protest that judgement because swg was never ever dissapointing
  • paulerd - August 26, 2013 10:51 p.m.

ecol tactics.... games campus... kill it with fire...
  • blvv - August 25, 2013 6:57 p.m.

i would just like to point out that Salem is not the first thing since Minecraft and Terraria to provide a mainly crafting orientated game. there is a game called Wurm developed before the creation of Minecraft where the players craft the vast majority of what is in the world.
  • TE5LA - August 25, 2013 11:13 a.m.

Here's how it goes: New game comes out. People can't wait to play it. They jump in and rush through it as quickly as possible in order to level. They don't take the time to savor the content of the game. They get bored. They come to forums and slam the game about how little content and boring it is. They look for the next game to slam. People today don't like anything. It is trendy to knock everything new: games, movies, music... They complain about having to pay for games. They complain about games being free to play. They complain about people who make optional payments in a free game having an advantage over them.
  • Frieza - August 5, 2013 9:38 p.m.

I want WildStar NOW! Now now now! *Stomps feet* Blade and Soul looks really good as well. I hope it reaches the States soon.
  • winner2 - August 5, 2013 5:54 p.m.

Jesus christ tencent is going to buy the planet cause of the monster hunter online.
  • kpnut - August 5, 2013 5:42 p.m.

I hope GW2's expansion is good, I got bored of that game around halfway through (I think, it was where the game started focusing on some crappy NPC I didn't care about instead of my character) and I've pretty much stopped playing in favor of it's much better predecessor.
  • R_U_Guys_From_British - August 5, 2013 3:55 p.m.

Never got into a mmorpg but I am looking forward to sinking into elder scrolls online
  • laineygarretson - July 2, 2014 10:12 a.m.

it's a lot like Rift and Tera, I would wait or play one that's free. It's really forgettable.... I played it and was really disappointed after playing FFXIV and GW2 and AION
  • GenderBender_9000 - August 5, 2013 3:40 p.m.

The first and only MMO I've ever played was DC Universe Online. And I didn't care for it. But I might give the genera another try when The Elder Scrolls Online comes out.
  • muff1nman - July 31, 2013 5:35 a.m.

Someone please tell me what is so horrible about GW2? I think compared to what is out there it is a great game.
  • TokenGamesRadarFurry - August 5, 2013 4:29 p.m.

Nothing. It's an excellent MMO.
  • rpgmaniac - July 2, 2013 7:28 p.m.

BLACK DESERT > ALL Just give me Black Desert & I don't want anything else!!!
  • Danomeon - June 27, 2013 9:20 a.m.

I'm excited for whatever GW2 has in store for us. The game is actually going WAY strong if you're keeping up to date on it. They've introduced a unique 'living story' interface in which new temporary content is added every single month, so that there's always some new storyline going on in the world. We just got "Sky Pirates of Tyria", which features a brand new dungeon where you fight against sky pirates. Just look at this page and its contents and tell me that GW2 isn't alive and kicking: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/ I'm also very excited for wildstar, which looks very creative and unique. I love the telegraph-based combat system and emphasis on skillshots. Have you guys seen how they're doing player housing? Very cool. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YeQg_2X_68
  • ashley-walker - May 22, 2013 8:36 a.m.

There's never going to be a move away from the cries of 'WoW clone' or 'Everquest clone', because the people who make these claims are incapable of playing any other game. Players who have played these games for any length of time fall into a certain pattern of behaviour. It's not a BAD pattern; it's just what happens. Problem is, those players can't leave those patterns behind when they move to a new game. They play every game as if it were WoW, and so it's inevitable that they'll see the game as the same. Then they go back to WOW, and miss out completely on good games that really only have very basic similarities, such as GCD, fantasy settings, or classes with roles. WoW’s (and Everquest's) design and culture encourage you to ask the question, 'What job do I want to do today? Okay, what tools do I want to use to do it?' Other games ask, 'What toys do I want to play with today?' But instead of playing with the toys available, some players insist on still trying to do a job that doesn't really exist.
  • j_strider - April 23, 2013 8:20 p.m.

GW2 disappointment. Diablo 3 disappointment. SWTOR boredom. This all looks like more of the same. 2015, I need you ... I need some Camelot Unchained action... http://camelotunchained.com