• ConvexArc - June 23, 2012 5:17 a.m.

I've never been a 'glass half full' person, but right now my glass was completely empty. I longed for the taste of whiskey, like liquid smoke. I reached for the bottle. Also empty - just like my life. I told myself this year things would be different. I lied. I had been taking whatever jobs came my way. My dignity didn't like it, but my wallet did. I thought back to how I'd gotten here. I'd been at my computer, checking my email. No messages from friends, all my loved ones were dead. A link had lead me to this website. The headline promised a competition, the prize more valuable than Thor's mythical hammer, Mjölnir. I felt the nausea rise like fire. Chances are I'd lose. Eventually you lose everything, like I'd lost Michelle and the baby. Time slowed down, my perception shifted. In my mind the fog cleared , the pieces of the puzzle fell into place. Right then I knew I wanted to win - needed to win. This would be my redemption, if luck would allow it. But life never works out you way you want it to.
  • PleasantPig - June 23, 2012 1:58 a.m.

Having spent an entire day turning innocuous scenarios deadly because of reasons, there is but one hope left, one chance for redemption. Winning a bunch o paraphernalia with my own name and face emblazoned on it won't help me to stay undercover from the authorities, but it will help me get my self-esteem back. And isn't that the most important thing of all?
  • metalheadmax - June 23, 2012 12:59 a.m.

As I began to type some sort of cynical monologue for these bastards I realized I was too drunk and had better things to do than fill the internet with more sh*t
  • forestfire55 - June 22, 2012 10:17 p.m.

I looked up to the sky, it was gray. The people look sad, i dont want to stay. I dont know where i am, i might say. OH SHIT, I THINK IM IN THE UK!
  • dkl415 - June 22, 2012 10:14 p.m.

My chances of winning were slim and none, and Slim just left town. I tried anyway. I owed too much to myself, and everyone who lost and sacrificed along the way.
  • Kieran712 - June 22, 2012 5:07 p.m.

Typing my fifteenth attempt at writing my comment I glanced to the second empty bottle of jack, god, I feel like your average street corner hooker trying to rewrite Shakespeare with hip-hop lyrics. I guess I really cant hit rock bottom.
  • BlueScorpion91 - June 22, 2012 5:06 p.m.

As I began to type, all I could think of was my wife and child, and that I had to kill the b*stards that destroyed my life. That night has never left me, but yet I still type into a f*cking comments section. And just when I thought things couldn't get worse, that son of a b*tch reCaptcha enters my vision. So I drink the rest of my whiskey, load a fresh mag into my twin pistols, and dive backwards shooting at the laptop screen.
  • BossTom - June 22, 2012 4:19 p.m.

It always ends the same, A pile of bodies, Ice in the bottom of a glass, Pills to numb the pain.
  • SUPERSP00NS - June 22, 2012 3:37 p.m.

I woke up in a bad dream. My head felt two sizes too small for my brain. I was Mark Wahlberg.
  • Nathers - June 22, 2012 2:33 p.m.

As I gazed upon these remnants of a life I left behind, I realised that it was a life I preferred, so in one of my stupid impulses, I posted a comment, in hope of getting it all back
  • metalgatesolid - June 22, 2012 2:28 p.m.

Ive entered many compeitions... Ive never won... I feel my luck had run out... The screen burnt my eyes as i typed my thoughts... Imagining holding the game in my hand... As i sent the quote, the echo of the enter button ran through my skull... Then there was silence.
  • WizardZombie - June 22, 2012 2:02 p.m.

The things I want my Max Payne. A tactical gun bag. A gun magazine flask. A shell casing ashtray. A UFE Patch. A logo of myself t-shirt. A bullet t-shirt. A target t-shirt. Painkiller pill box. A sticker pack of myself. A statue of myself.
  • Goldjit - June 22, 2012 1:48 p.m.

'... ... ... and then I realised the bottle was gone... time to get some more...'
  • chickenses - June 22, 2012 1:39 p.m.

I looked through the comments and saw every mother f*cker was imitating me. To them I'm an idol, a god. I don't want to know how else these sick b*stards worship me. From what I do know; I'm not readin' any fanfiction.
  • eosparkerrf - June 22, 2012 1:33 p.m.

As I placed my hands on the keyboard, I realized something; I was trying to win a video game about myself. I could feel the meta closing in, and I knew I did not have long.
  • dominic-cassidy - June 22, 2012 12:35 p.m.

"this world is rotti--"" "SHUT UP YOU LITTLE EMO DUDE MY FAMILY IS DEAD, AAANNNDDD NNNOOOOWWWW III'MMMM GGGOOOOONNNNNNNAAAAA KKKKIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLL YOOOOUUUUUU WIIIIITH SSSSSSLLLLOOOOOWWWWW-MMMOOOOOOOO
  • binary tap - June 22, 2012 12:14 p.m.

My whole life, feels like its playing-out in slow-mo!
  • calebgerbs - June 22, 2012 12:12 p.m.

Although I have never played these, so-called video games about this asshole "Max Payne", i thought i might as well try my shot at it as the shadows were catching up to me anyways. I was gonna need a drink to clear my mind and then I put my hands on the keyboard, and then it just seemed to come to me. When i finished typing and pressed enter, I knew something was wrong. The shadows rushed me, bruised mug-shot faces hungry for revenge. They knew my weak points and closed in for the kill. The floor turned into a vortex of green blood. I fell.
  • TragicM - June 22, 2012 11:28 a.m.

Turn around, walk away, not comment. That would have been the smart thing to do. I guess I wasn't that smart.
  • mrjimmyos - June 22, 2012 10:56 a.m.

It was a veritable smorgisboard of my past, the booze, the old habits, I had to ask myself who I am now