• Chimy - September 27, 2013 2:12 p.m.

My best friend told me the other day that he "identify so much with trevor... his agressiviness, his determination". I told him that was insane and creepy as fuck
  • GR_LucasSullivan - September 27, 2013 2:44 p.m.

lolol I'm imagining you backing away slowly as you said that
  • Swedish_Chef - September 30, 2013 8:34 a.m.

Remember kids if you have a friend that sympathises with Trevor find a new friend.
  • ichigoame - September 27, 2013 11:11 a.m.

trevor motherfucking philips!
  • shawksta - September 27, 2013 10:59 a.m.

Agreed entirely, and especially with what Bladedfalcon just said about media and finally having a character like trevor. One of my favorite things about him is that he's entirely the opposite of a Canadian, but also it bothers me to question how these people in the game who doesn't know him automatically get it right that he's a Canadian. There's nothing striking about it unless I'm missing something.
  • BladedFalcon - September 27, 2013 11:05 a.m.

Supposedly he has a slight Canadian accent that gives him away to certain people. I personally don't notice it, but notice that the people that spot this fact usually tend to be pretty xenophobic, so they probably pay more attention to accents and inflections than the average Joe like you and me XD
  • watevermanimlost - September 27, 2013 11:48 a.m.

Until he said he was from Canada I just assumed he was American..... all north American sound the same except for southerners (US) and Newfies (CA)
  • shawksta - September 27, 2013 11:49 a.m.

True Some are dead give aways like "AY" but Trevor does that on purpose in front of the other 2, but in random conflicts it probably is Xenophobia XD
  • StrayGator - September 27, 2013 11:12 a.m.

There's something aboot him that I can't put my finger on. (j/k, didn't play it yet)
  • shawksta - September 27, 2013 11:49 a.m.

"aboot" Hah
  • PBC13 - September 29, 2013 3:24 p.m.

I remain convinced that Niko makes sense too. People dwell too much on what he SAYS and not on what the story actually tells you about him. There is a widely held belief that because he claims to not want to be a criminal or be violent that his actions, when we control him, make no sense. But that ignores that the story points out that he is a trained killer with deep rooted, unresolved mental issues and anger management problems. Within hours of coming to America, this trained killer is tooled up in a way that would make the biggest NRA-nut blush. He may claim to not want to repeat his past, and he may mean it. But that doesn't mean he is able to help himself. Trained killer + Mental problems + A huge arsenal + the angriest, rudest city in the world = killings sprees ahoy!
  • BladedFalcon - September 27, 2013 10:29 a.m.

This was fun to read Mr. Lucas, although it's a rather obvious observation to make, methinks XD I mean, sure, it's never spelled out that way in the game, why would it be, but anyone that pays attention will come to this conclusion rather quickly after playing as him XD If nothing else, what I find interesting is that the only way that a character like this exists, is because he's NOT the sole main protagonist, but rather shares the lime-light with two other people that are more "morally" sound even if they aren't good guys either. I think that Rockstar has always been aware that only a character like Trevor would fit with what a GTA allows you to do, but up until now, they hadn't had the nerve to create him because well- Look at our society, the majority of people are already starting to make an outcry at the character even though he's just a PART of the game, Imagine if he was the sole main character, and worse, imagine if he had been the main character of GTA III or GTA San Andreas >_>; Trevor is a fantastic character, and it's his personality and how he fits into the world and gameplay that makes him my favorite GTA protagonist by far. But, then, a lot of people would either not get it, or quickly try to use him to sensationalize the media, which IS what is being done. So to me, what needs to be commented about is not that Trevor is the first character that makes sense in a GTA, but WHY our society is so dumb and hypocritical that it took this long and with many precautions to allow Trevor to exist.
  • shawksta - September 27, 2013 11:12 a.m.

Ah screw it, GTA conspiracies will happen either way, today's media is desperate for attention on nonsense and negatives and GTA is the bait of all baits. Its already bad enough PETA waited until 2012 to protest against pokemon, even more embarrassing that they were supporting Team Plasma as if they didn't know what the real scheme was.
  • BladedFalcon - September 27, 2013 11:36 a.m.

Well yes, scandal will happen regardless, but just think how much worse it would have been if Trevor had been a protagonist before. Imagine the combination of the hot coffee scandal coupled with the fact that Trevor IS everything that the scandalous media claimed GTA was in the first place :P Even if he's obviously fictional and tongue in cheek, you know they wouldn't have cared, and it would have been even worse for Rockstar.
  • shawksta - September 27, 2013 11:52 a.m.

Yeah, and thats just for Trevor. Remember Republicans in space in GTA IV? There's more of that controversy in GTA V with the TV shows, even more against liberals, I'm surprised the media didn't shove that in the news yet. I understood the humor and don't take political jokes seriously but there ARE sensitive people in this world.
  • Drekner - September 27, 2013 11:57 a.m.

GTA games have always been very raunchy violent and controversial but... GTAV takes the cake with ease. The complete bare nudity and the very very blatant sexual content was actually shocking to even me! And Trevor is (usually) the source of all of those sort of things. You're definitely right about the media. As I played this game I thought the exact same thing throughout and I remembered how vicious the media was about GTA in the past. I was so surprised that this much debauchery got through ESRB, honestly. It's really amusing to me that it did, and it shows how much media and society is changing lately. Becoming more lenient. You're entirely right though. If Trevor was in previous GTA games, San Andreas or Vice City for example, those games probably wouldn't have made it out at all. Around those times there was never even nudity in most games. Now GTAV is perhaps the most popular game of all time and it's got plenty of it. (One of the first games I've ever seen a dingdong in.) And on the topic of the article talking about Trevor finally fitting the rampaging lunatic sort that all GTA players normally are, that's perfectly spot on too. Heck, I even make sure to switch to Trevor before going on rampages, simply because it makes more sense then to play as a retired bank robber with a family to do it. It's perfect.