Topics

Retro Top 7

• bamit11 - May 27, 2013 4:42 p.m.

It's not retro, but I loved A Bad Year and the infinite clip cheat in COD: 4. Good times.
  • Z-man427 - May 27, 2013 3:06 p.m.

I remember On Fire being in NBA Hangtime rather than Jam. You could also play as a werewolf of an alien. What a great game.
  • shawksta - May 27, 2013 2:06 p.m.

Great list. special stuff like these are always fun. I agree on mirror mode, some people can even do some nice thing. I remember Ocarina of Time 3D's Masterquest was mirrored to make it more worth going through it. However, sometimes evil things can happen, to date, Toads Turnpike mirrored in MK64 is the biggest dick move ever pulled off because of how it wasn't just simply mirrored, the CPU gets screwed over as much as you do.
  • J-Fid - May 27, 2013 4:08 p.m.

Toad's Turnpike on Mirror Mode is evil, pure evil. I hate that level, and that is an understatement.
  • winner2 - May 27, 2013 12:45 p.m.

God NBA jam was the shit, I'll never forget that BOOM SHAKA LAKA
  • pl4y4h - May 27, 2013 12:32 p.m.

Good god, riot mode in san andreas was soooooooooooooo much fun. Especially in co-op mode
  • masterjoe123 - May 27, 2013 12:14 p.m.

While this isn't necessarily a cheat, they should bring back cloning in the Pokemon games.
  • shawksta - May 27, 2013 2:02 p.m.

The cloning was able in newer Gens, it just needed the GTS but the newer games starting from Platinum, stopped it.
  • Fireninjastar - May 29, 2013 9:47 a.m.

How about the ability to play the game with old pokemon sprite designs? Remember FireRed and LeafGreen?
  • someonetgsn - May 27, 2013 11:17 a.m.

Sometimes the most beautifully simple things escape me. How awesome if my favorite current gen games had some of these modes. Though Twilight Princess on the Wii gets a mention, because I did play a mirrored version. If I remember correctly, the normal version was completely mirrored to compensate for the fact that most people are right handed, and Link is left handed.
  • BlueScorpion91 - May 27, 2013 11:17 a.m.

Great article, Henry. I use to enjoy the small cars cheat from Driver on PS1, it seemed comical at the time. But because all they did what change the size of the object and replaced the rest with transparent pixels, you still hit other objects like the car was the normal size, lol.
  • TwinHallow - May 27, 2013 11:11 a.m.

I smell Nostalgia in the air. bringing back memories of when I was like 8 years old.