Topics

lucky Top 7

• pl4y4h - March 18, 2013 8:26 p.m.

How about the main character from bioshock since he's lucky enough to be the only person in Rapture who's genetic makeup can activate the vita-chambers if I remember correctly
  • Unoriginal - March 19, 2013 5:48 a.m.

How come Subject Delta can activate them in the Sequel?
  • pl4y4h - March 19, 2013 8:55 p.m.

I should probably get around to playing that
  • LordzOfChaos - March 18, 2013 7:09 p.m.

42 out of 74 is the number of survivors, not failures, in the Spartan-II program. Get your facts straight.
  • GR_RyanTaljonick - March 18, 2013 7:49 p.m.

Nope. 33 is the number that survived without sustaining any permanently damaging effects.
  • LordzOfChaos - March 19, 2013 1:53 p.m.

Ah, I hadn't read the book in a while. Final tally: 33 active 30 dead 12 incapaitated
  • GR_RyanTaljonick - March 19, 2013 2:56 p.m.

^_^
  • Person5 - March 22, 2013 5:22 p.m.

Spartans never die, they only go missing in action.
  • LordzOfChaos - March 30, 2013 12:48 p.m.

True, True
  • mikeylawson - March 18, 2013 4:57 p.m.

Nathan Drake: 'People keep telling me I'm lucky but the truth is everything I touch turns to shit.' He kind of has a point. Everything he touches breaks or explodes.
  • BladedFalcon - March 18, 2013 5:18 p.m.

And yet he always gets out alive and gets the girl...
  • mikeylawson - March 19, 2013 5:36 a.m.

Getting out alive, yes. But I wouldn't class getting the girl as luck. That is down to his personality and charm. Charismatic bastard. The fact Elena survives all the shit he puts her through, now THAT is lucky.
  • BladedFalcon - March 19, 2013 6:26 a.m.

Well, yes, personality and charm have a lot to do with it, but even then, I know several types of women who even with all his charm, would know better than to get tangled with someone who is essentially a thief, and one who a lot of people are trying to kill at that. That he found TWO girls that were willing to put up with that IS luck :P But anyway, what I was trying to say is that even though, yes, he always gets in constant trouble, he is lucky in that not only does he always survive the mess he is in, but always gets a happy ending, (minus the tons of cash he probably would have wanted to get) I mean, he saves the day, gets the girl, and his friends make it out alive as well. Even if he says that "everything he touches turns to crap" he has yet to suffer a true tragedy in his games.
  • RagingRaven - March 18, 2013 4:39 p.m.

Dirk Daring from Dragon's Quest.
  • RagingRaven - March 18, 2013 4:40 p.m.

Dragon's LAIR. Sorry.
  • shawksta - March 18, 2013 2:45 p.m.

That was a great list, and tecnially Earthworm jim WAS a regular earthworm so their luckyness goes to him. Carmen IS the #1 considering it a family curse, seriously, its nice seeing him atleast stay alive
  • kaleb-mayhew - March 18, 2013 2:32 p.m.

man WTF Cole McGrath doesn't even have an Honorable mention
  • BladedFalcon - March 18, 2013 2:42 p.m.

...How is he in any way lucky? Sure, he got superpowers, but that lead him down a road of nothing but suffering and loss, regardless of the ending you choose in both games. That, and the fact that he got superpowers had nothing to do with luck in the first place.
  • garnsr - March 18, 2013 3:54 p.m.

He was lucky that he was given powers, being a conduit, instead of being killed by the thingamajiggy explosion.
  • BladedFalcon - March 18, 2013 4:28 p.m.

...Did you even play the first game?
  • garnsr - March 18, 2013 8:17 p.m.

I got platinum on both games. It seems like he was luckier than most of the people in that universe, since he crawled out of the crater with powers instead of dying. I certainly wouldn't put him on this list, though.
  • Tjwoods18 - March 18, 2013 9:58 p.m.

I would say Zeke would be the luckiest character in the Infamous series. He seems to always insert himself into dangerous situations and hardly comes out harmed.