Topics

Best of GR

• bang1221 - October 19, 2012 6:41 p.m.

Cecil from Final Fantasy 4 Spyro the Dragon Sir Daniel Fortesque from Medievil Nameless Marine from Doom The Heroes from Diablo I'm sure there's more that i could add but i'm forgetting some. good list but i'm still confused how crash bandicoot, banjo kazooie and other platform heroes have made the list but not spyro. i would also consider Zidane from final fantasy 9 over Cecil.
  • codystovall - October 19, 2012 6:32 p.m.

Batman-hes batman. Pokemon Trainer Red-saved the pokemon world, before it was cool. White Galaga ship-you had pacman so why not?
  • spacemanX03 - October 19, 2012 6:12 p.m.

Marco- Metal Slug
  • gtaivac_ - October 19, 2012 6:02 p.m.

GLaDOS should be in the top 10
  • codystovall - October 19, 2012 6:26 p.m.

"heroes"
  • ThatGamerDude - October 19, 2012 5:53 p.m.

I would put in Rico Rodriguez from Just Cause 2 just for obvious reasons.
  • johnny-kratos-davidson - October 19, 2012 5:52 p.m.

Also I vote for: Adam Jensen - Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Commander John Shepard - Mass Effect. Nariko - Heavenly Sword. Gabriel Belmont - Castlevania: Lords of Shadow. Marcus Fenix - Gears of War. Joseph Capelli - Resistance 3.
  • johnny-kratos-davidson - October 19, 2012 5:55 p.m.

Damn it I almost forgot the fantastic character Alan Wake... from the game Alan Wake.
  • onetimebuster - October 19, 2012 5:45 p.m.

This list needs more claptrap and how dare you stick snake in this he said hes no hero never was just a old killer hired to do some wetwork.
  • BladedFalcon - October 19, 2012 5:57 p.m.

Just because he claimed he was no hero doesn't mean he isn't actually one. If anything, it's often the people who don't consider themselves heroes who achieve the toughest, taxing, and most heroic things.
  • onetimebuster - October 19, 2012 6:42 p.m.

I was just kidding.
  • BladedFalcon - October 19, 2012 7:05 p.m.

D'oh! My apologies for failing to read the joke ^^;
  • onetimebuster - October 20, 2012 9:58 a.m.

Lol its ok i suck at making them ^^
  • theglove - October 19, 2012 5:42 p.m.

-Darth Revan (KOTOR): Despite being a horrible monster in KOTOR's backstory, during the canon play-through of the game Revan is noble, kind and selfless. He ultimately saves the galaxy in one of gaming's greatest redemption stories. -Jimmy Hopkins (Bully): While he is kind of a jerk, Jimmy usually stands up to the many bullies of Bullworth Academy and ends up unifying all the cliques. -Celes (FF6): After Kefka destroys the world, Celes sets out on her own to reunite the party and bring an end to that sick clown's rule. -Commander Shepard (Mass Effect): On top of saving hundreds of billions of people three times, Shepard is an avatar for the player, and isn't the player the greatest hero of all?
  • onetimebuster - October 19, 2012 5:41 p.m.

This list needs more claptrap.
  • Rub3z - October 19, 2012 5:37 p.m.

Viewtiful Joe. Sam Gideon (Vanquish). Garcia FUCKING Hotspur. The Chosen Hero in Dark Souls. Subject Delta from Bioshock 2. Joe Cappelli from Resistance 3. Serious Sam. That's a surprisingly short list of people I think could've gone up. Oh, John Tanner from Driver San Francisco. And *maybe* Luis Lopez from GTA4 (Ballad of Gay Tony), if only because he turns out to be much more sensitive than the other two (in spite of still being a sociopath), and does lots of way better, cooler stuff. Luis is a badass. As for the list itself, I am substantially pleased to see the inclusion of Meat Boy, Eddie Riggs, Francis (my favorite), Rayman, Travis Touchdown, Little Mac, Corvo Attano, Bomberman, the a-bit-less-than-obligatory-Okami-inclusion-because-Gamesradar, Price, Fox, Jade, Max Payne, and Wander. There was only a select few from games i haven't played or recognize, and the whole rest of the list I could kinda tell were going to be included. Like Mario, for instance. It's impossible to leave that guy out. It's now that I just remembered that Captain Falcon could've been included. Are you going to try and argue with a FALCON PAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWNCH??
  • johnny-kratos-davidson - October 19, 2012 5:37 p.m.

Kratos is the best character ever but he is an anti-heroe, amazing how high a tormented pyschopath made it in a goody-two-shoes list of characters. And why do gaming sites always feel obligated to put Link/Zelda at the top of these lists? I mean for goodness sake Link has no character, nothing. And Drake at #3... Come on he is an awfully written generic twit of a character, no depth to him at all. Other than that it's a decent list, I would completely change the order and replace many of the characters though.
  • Nomado - October 19, 2012 6:49 p.m.

whether you argue link being top 1 and having no character etc. he will always be numero uno. You will understand once you play LoZ games. I agree with you at #3. He doesnt deserve number 3 slot IMO but could be somewhere in this list.
  • DyranLK - October 19, 2012 7:42 p.m.

Oh f*ck, you've got to be kidding. Well, it figures that right after I'd finish posting my half-rant about Drake's strengths as a character do I come across these posts criticizing the apparent 'lack of depth' in a character who can practically be described as the exact opposite for those who've actually dissected and absorbed the story (or at least, Uncharted 3's, anyway). Trust me, I've written almost entire mini-essays based on this just to give more recognition to the ingenious mind of Amy Hennig, who, if you may not recall, served as one of the writers for the sometimes outlandishly complex storyline of the Legacy of Kain series in the past as well. Although, I agree with his placing in the list, lol. The #3 spot is ridiculously high, and frankly, even if he was placed that high it's strange that it would be not for the actually deep aspects of his character (which...I'm genuinely serious about) but for the physical nonsense that permeates his outward actions, lmao (although that probably does help form a very memorable image of him, considering the sheer hilarity of seeing someone seemingly brush off his psychotic killing sprees with a one-liner or two, 'ey). But hey, "then again", what do I know.
  • BaraChat - October 19, 2012 5:34 p.m.

As long as you get number one right I have nothing to say. Oh you did! Good :)