• n00b - September 22, 2010 5:12 p.m.

i think i'll just ignore all the news and bickering for this game till it comes out. then i'll make my decision
  • Fluxnard - September 22, 2010 5 p.m.

Redeater, you confused Team Ninja with Ninja Theory. Two different developers.
  • 510BrotherPanda - September 22, 2010 4:42 p.m.

I've never been played the DMC series, but I've always thought Dante was a badass, not a psych case. He's not Joker, after all. This needs more of that lady Gloria's underwear-defying outfit.
  • Felixthecat - September 22, 2010 3:42 p.m.

The new Dante is way better than the old Dante and if the new Dante WAS shirtless it would only make him sexier. Old Dante was ugly, new one look's pretty, so just fucking deal with it.
  • Utawarerumono - September 22, 2010 3:07 p.m.

I would never feel cool playing that little punk. Antoniade is a dick.
  • WhiteCredo - September 22, 2010 2:44 p.m.

Doesn't this smell... reboot? It is cool for me.
  • dmgkevin - September 22, 2010 2:41 p.m.

If this wasn't Dante, I'd be okay with it. Like, if this were a totally new franchise, this would look pretty cool. It's the fact that they're tossing aside possibly the biggest badass in gaming for this new kid that is seriously uncool. (Side note: I don't care what Antoniade says, new Dante would get his ass beat if he walked into a bar looking like that.)
  • Jamahl - September 22, 2010 2:38 p.m.

Wow, people can be ignorant some times. If someone looks like they just were preforming at a Punk Rock concert, it does NOT mean they're jumping on the twilight bandwagon. Both new AND old dante look fine. Deal with it.
  • Chrisd - September 22, 2010 2:24 p.m.

I am sorry but all i can think of when i see IT is "lets jump on the twilight bandwagon, not thinking that it will probbaly be dead be the time the game comes out". Sorry but i can't help but hate the new look but with the governator trying to get video game violence protected as an art form to stop the yanks censoring it like there seem to be doing to everything (real life next probably) someone could get iconic game characters protected from being f***ed with.
  • busterdog82 - September 22, 2010 2 p.m.

@ Redeater Team Ninja and Ninja Theory are not the same people.
  • DeepIsh - September 22, 2010 1:24 p.m.

Alright, how about this: Imagine it is DMC4. Old Dante when seeing the antennae of that frog-thing was really epic. This one will probably say "I'll never get a girl like that" and cut himself. Now that I think about it, whatever happened to Trish and Lady?
  • DeepIsh - September 22, 2010 1:22 p.m.

Welcoming: The gay son of Sparda.
  • JohnnyMaverik - September 22, 2010 1:17 p.m.

New Dante > Old Dante, deal with it.
  • gamingfreak - September 22, 2010 1:09 p.m.

When I first saw the new look for Dante I was 100% against it. But now I'm kinda starting to warm up to him. As long as the story and gameplay is good I don't think I'll have problem with his new look (the series needed a fresh coat of paint anyways).
  • Fusionmix - September 22, 2010 1:05 p.m.

I don't know. I actually think New Dante is pretty badass, actually. Could just be the hair, even if he does look like a lesbian.
  • RoeTaKa - September 22, 2010 12:58 p.m.

Doesn't anyone else think the trailer wasn't very good in the first place? Also the original Dante is going to be in MvsC3 and you'll notice that trailer is actually pretty badass with him and deadpool. It was never that the old Dante was out of touch or not a badass, it was that nobody ever gave him an enemy or obstacle so awesome that gave us a reason to love him like DMC1 and DMC3. So it's the developers who are out of touch and they're pretty awful foster parents.
  • KidKatana - September 22, 2010 12:57 p.m.

I don't place much credence in this guy's bar-based cool barometer. He clearly hasn't been to a bar in East London recently, where the current trend appears to be dressing like Morissey's dad. With a human league haircut. And plimsols. Somehow these people are not laughed at. On the other hand, any man who could pull off white hair, a big red trench coat and some natty boots deserves some respect.
  • quincytheodore - September 22, 2010 12:55 p.m.

It's okay. I don't like it that much, but hey I'll keep an open mind about it. After kleptomania hand oh-clone-much Nero. The series has to go somewhere.. Bayonetta is kicking its ass.. Emo dante is like a breeze of fresh air compare to Dante-template-with-blue-coat.. err I mean Nero..
  • rabidpotatochip - September 22, 2010 12:44 p.m.

"We want to update and mature the tone of Devil May Cry.” That line right there killed the game for me. DMC never struck me as a deep and mature game, it was fun because it was so over the top. I mean, I liked the story but the fact that Dante was just one arrogant SoB to everything he encountered while still having a laugh was what made it fun.
  • thedisagree - September 22, 2010 12:42 p.m.

*music*