Topics

E3 E3 2010 Top 7

• Metroidhunter32 - June 7, 2010 2:24 p.m.

Everything I demand already has its next game in the works. I'm good.
  • CountFenring - June 7, 2010 2:14 p.m.

I really don't want an TES V yet. One of the things that made the jump from Morrowind to Oblivion so great was that Oblivion was on a different gen of console. Personally, I'd like TES V to have that big a jump.
  • symphonicdeathpop - June 7, 2010 1:56 p.m.

Meh not looking forward to any of these 7 at all, save maybe for ES5. Give me a new Kingdom Hearts, a new SMT or a new Suikoden instead please. Or a new Jak, Soul Calibur, Mirror's Edge, etc etc Realistically though, the thing I'm looking forward to the most is some more details on Infamous 2!
  • WickedSid - June 7, 2010 1:21 p.m.

@ crumbdunky, It really seems like you're a person who is extremely resistant to change, along with the entire internet. Learn to accept the different and strange, it could be good for you. Prey 2, that is all, Thank you.
  • StrayGator - June 7, 2010 1:07 p.m.

Oh, and Serious Sam 3 obviously.
  • Eaxis - June 7, 2010 1:05 p.m.

I would like to see The Darkness 2.
  • StrayGator - June 7, 2010 1:05 p.m.

Chronicles of Riddick: Rise of the Atomic Wedgie (pretty please?) reCaptcha: the chumash - another game idea!
  • ChrisMacDee - June 7, 2010 12:57 p.m.

@nadrewod999: Yeah I saw that quote on CVG, which leads me to believe its indeed a new game/series. Would be interesting if Valve moved from their FPS roots to something else... as long as its not Half-life Wars or something awful... to take a game like Halo which I already don't like and make it worse was an impressive feat...
  • nadrewod999 - June 7, 2010 12:52 p.m.

Valve has actually responded to the rumors on the internet about HL2E3, saying not only is "Episode 3 not the surprise", but also that "Xbox 360 and PS3 journalists don't need to attend the event" because "the surprise does not pertain to them." So, we are looking at a mystery new IP exclusively for PC or new DLC for a current game that will be released exclusively on PC (Think TF2, with its constant release of updates on PC, but no 360 updates when the Orange Box came out.)
  • gilgamesh310 - June 7, 2010 12:49 p.m.

As much as I would love half life 3 to be announced I doubt it's going to happen. It wouldn't surprise me if valve gave up on it completely. I would love to see mass effect 3 announced too and resident evil 6 would be nice also but that's hardly going to happen.
  • nadrewod999 - June 7, 2010 12:48 p.m.

I agree, Green Arrow is one of the best possible DC heroes to make into a video-game hero. After all, he is mortal (health bar), he shoots arrows (shooter with a little twist), he has limited arrows (ammo counter), he can go anywhere any human can go (free world?), he has grappling hooks that would allow him to quickly travel to any location and make it his personal sniping nest (fixed mission areas, such as being stuck on rooftops or in cars). In short, he is my perfect hero, and I would by any game where I can play as him if I know it has the same quality as Batman:AA. (The same cannot be said for Aquaman and Hawkman, both of whom aren't even human, and have superpowers that would make their game more reminiscent of a Ecco the Dolphin/Superman game than a superhero game)
  • Ganonpork - June 7, 2010 12:43 p.m.

No No More Heroes 3? Work with me here, GR.
  • Redeater - June 7, 2010 12:21 p.m.

Bioshock 3!! No multiplayer please!
  • Fiirestorm21 - June 7, 2010 11:52 a.m.

Well, for a new Half-Life game, I think it's important to distinguish between Episode Three and a full-fledged Half-Life 3; you guys seemed to blur the line a bit there. I really think only in the latter's case will their be a whole new engine. However, especially if it's going to be Episode Three, I full expect it to be unveiled at E3; the timing is just right. Although, after reading ChrisMacDee's comment, I am curious as to the possibility of that new game with the creator of DOTA being announced at E3. I had completely forgotten about that until just now, and that's a very enticing possibility. Hell, maybe both of them will be announced together, one for release this year, the other for release next year. I'm really pulling for an Elder Scrolls V with some kind of online co-op. I agree a full-fledged MMO will likely be a huge step down in quality for the series, but I think some kind of multiplayer is the next big step for the series to take. (That and further refinements to Oblivion both graphically and design-wise.)
  • SumthingStupid - June 7, 2010 11:25 a.m.

Games I want to see Jak And Daxter Ratchet and Clank Orange Box 2 Infamous 2 Gundam for North america Robotech like the robotech battlecry L4D, dead space and fallout news too