Topics

Top 7

• NathanXplosion - November 30, 2010 6:11 a.m.

I don't think I have laughed more while playing a game then when I played Heavy Rain. Also the title of that second youtube clip, Aygentnahmanjaydenfbi, is awesome.
  • FALLINGINFIRE - November 30, 2010 5:55 a.m.

I live in minnesota. No one has that accent... You are thinking of wisconsin
  • FauxFurry - November 30, 2010 5:34 a.m.

Worse than the hokey fake accents (or failed attempts at doing an identifiable one at all in the case of Kate) in Hydrophobia is the fact that Bethesda took the name that would have best suited the game,Wet. That's one thing that isn't the developer's fault in any way. While all of these entries is oh-so wrong in its own right,they aren't quite as off-kilter as the fauxreign accents found in old Sierra games such as Rise of the Dragon and Willy Beamish for the Sega CD. Considering that the former spends most of its time in China Town while the latter has prominent Japanese characters,depending on how amusing one finds the spotty quality of the accents and line deliveries,it can be a laugh riot or inspiration to start a regular riot in the offices of the developer. The voice acting found in either,however,is sweet nectar dripping upon one's eardrums compared to the vocal performances in Last Alert for the Turbo GrafX CD in which one would be hard pressed to find anyone who sounds like they were born on planet Earth. Hmm. Maybe Last Alert's vocal staff should be rounded up and put to work immediately on the latest Star Wars/Trek or Mass Effect voice tracks just to make good use of that 'talent'.
  • MrSuitMan - November 30, 2010 4:57 a.m.

Holy SHIT that barber.
  • KaimTheLegend - November 30, 2010 4:43 a.m.

OMG the new video player is here, thank god! ^__^ Also good list, somehow I had a feeling COD:BO would make it.
  • Sebastian16 - November 30, 2010 4:25 a.m.

Excellent video player update. Crisp. And uh, good article.
  • GamesRadarJuniorWildlifeEditor - November 30, 2010 4:24 a.m.

Deus ex was a good game.
  • EnragedTortoise1 - November 30, 2010 3:54 a.m.

Genius idea, Sir Reparaz. This is gonna be a hoot and a half on TDar.
  • somthing42 - November 30, 2010 3:44 a.m.

oh wait that's not really an accent.
  • somthing42 - November 30, 2010 3:43 a.m.

PAAAAAUUUUULLLLLLLAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • quincytheodore - November 30, 2010 3:39 a.m.

Ah I was so sure Just Cause 2 would be here. It basically an amalgamation of multiple horrendous Asian accents. It's unclear whether they want to be Chinese, Malaysian, Indonesian, India or even Jamaica. That is probably the worst dub I've ever heard.
  • ninjaemperor - November 30, 2010 3:09 a.m.

lol, Maria sounds french Canadian. Oh God, i'm going to be killed by separatists
  • NightCrawler_358 - November 30, 2010 3:07 a.m.

These are all funny. I would have put in Red Dead Redemption for just about everyone in the Mexico portion, and just about anybody in House of the Dead 2. I don't even know what they were going for. It sounds like they're all Vulcans or something.
  • DreamWeaverPL - November 30, 2010 2:52 a.m.

Deus Ex voice acting was very nice except for those foreign accents. And you really should have mentioned Blazing Angels. Quasi-European accents made this game look like a parody of WWII...
  • Overlord153 - November 30, 2010 2:46 a.m.

Is it wrong that I laughed at the kid who sounded all calm who when he had a strong possibility of dying. Oh and the Normarn Jayden bit I noticed in the demo.
  • LordRevan111 - November 30, 2010 2:45 a.m.

lol maria sounds like sarah palin
  • bron1417 - November 30, 2010 2:08 a.m.

i noticed that about Mason too. Weaver as well both of their accents seemed to flip a few times. great article Mikel. @Brett Elston your right those Heavy Rain kids are very very creepy.
  • soren7550 - November 30, 2010 1:56 a.m.

I would have thrown in Reznov as well, but yeah, Mason's accent was worse than his.
  • shadowreaper72 - November 30, 2010 1:26 a.m.

I think Sam Worthington did aight I cetainly don thank its bad. But the rest were awful, with Hydrophobia taking the top. I went to play the demo and i didnt even get to any gameplay parts b4 I said wtf at the voice acting and quit.
  • Helios - November 30, 2010 1:18 a.m.

I always thought the voice-acting was good, if not excellent, in Deus Ex. Sure, the accents are occasionally a little wonky, but I still think they are good.