We Recommend

• btstfn - July 2, 2011 7:38 a.m.

NCAA was so much better than Madden last year, I expect it to be no different this year
  • komadose - July 2, 2011 6:40 a.m.

From Dust looks ok. btw, there's about 10% chance that i manage to post successfully with a first try. damn captchas...
  • WalmartSuperstar - July 2, 2011 6:23 a.m.

SKYYYYYRIIIIIIIMMMMMMMMMMM
  • quincytheodore - July 2, 2011 6:10 a.m.

Juarez, Catherine and maybe El Shaddai... June-Agst aren't exactly brimming with good games..
  • SimonIKun42 - July 2, 2011 5:45 a.m.

Not what I'd call the best month for gaming. Still, some of them look quite interesting. Specially Catherine, I might get it out of curiosity.
  • BladedFalcon - July 2, 2011 4:22 a.m.

@GringoStar Well, that argument certainly has a bit more detail yes, which is exactly what I wanted. See, I didn't call bullshit on your comment Because I necessarily disagreed in your opinion. But because you called the game terrible without really going into detail as to why. Now that you've given me two solid reasons, i can see both of them are mostly subjective, but valid enough. Also, just for the record, I've also played the demo already, so I can saw from my own experience, that what I saw, left me wanting more. I like the surreal and shifting feel of the backgrounds. And it's a demo, I didn't expect to get ubber challenging gameplay or platforming, but what was there wasn't bad (I actually liked how the next platform fell in front of you only once you were near enough.), and at least it's not an automated slog like games such as enslaved or Assasins' creed where there's really no platforming at all. And the combat felt pretty nice, fluid and challenging. So, again, I can understand if you felt it different, that's fine. But also, please don't try to preach to me about understanding different opinions when you're gonna go accusing me of something that you don't know for sure. Which was that I had not played the demo, which I did. Lastly, to clarify, what I talked about Mexican distribution, I wasn't talking about the downloadable demo, I was talking about the physical game once it hit retail. The retail stores here often don't bring a lot of games, special the ore obscure, less popular ones such as this one.
  • onewheeled999 - July 2, 2011 3:59 a.m.

@Pocotron, I did the same thing. It's just so idiotic, who the hell green-lighted that? Also, as much as I loved the first game, Ms. Splosion Man just doesn't look interesting to me. It looks like more of the same, just with a F-A-R more obnoxious character.
  • ThatFanInThePeacoat - July 2, 2011 3:55 a.m.

Looking forward to "From Dust." Besides that, meeeh. Nothing. I'm just going to soak in some Steam deals.
  • Darkmessiah24 - July 2, 2011 3:40 a.m.

Quite of a weak month but Earth Defense Force, Bastion and Catherine are intriguing.
  • Pry0citer - July 2, 2011 3:32 a.m.

God dammit, if I didn't own all the Sony games (the Ratchet, uncharted and Resistance ones) then I could have saved $120. -______- so very mad.
  • GringoStar - July 2, 2011 3:25 a.m.

@Bladed Falcon I've played the demo and I wasn't impressed with it. The backgrounds are bland and it feels as if you're a hamster running in a wheel with how repetitive the level design is. Is that getting into enough detail for you? See, unlike you I judge a game based on what I experience from it, not from what critics or reviewers say (there's been plenty of things critics say is horrid and I enjoy and vice versa). Just because I don't share the same opinion that you do about a game, doesn't make my reasoning bullshit. You need to learn that not everyone is going to share the opinions of you and that your opinions aren't entitled to being facts. As for your last comment that's something that I don't really understand, as it might be distributed in Mexico in which is why you might not get it? You can create a US account, a Japanese account or a European account on your Playstation. It doesn't matter where you had gotten it from.
  • Katlu - July 2, 2011 3:05 a.m.

I mostly want Catherine out of extreme curiosity.
  • Ultimadrago - July 2, 2011 1:24 a.m.

Dat Smurfs Dance Party! Deep, involving story, interactive gameplay, wonderful characters and mind-BLOWING graphics! Day 1 purchase. :P
  • Mboy1100 - July 2, 2011 1:21 a.m.

Nothin good coming out for the wii. Not surprised. :P
  • ReasonableFanboy - July 2, 2011 1:13 a.m.

See, those Sony double-packs would be great if I didn't already own one game out of each of them. Dammit.
  • HaVoK308 - July 2, 2011 12:40 a.m.

@IcePotato Weak month? It is July. And it is probably the strongest July in years. Several games in there that excite me as a Gamer. Can not remember thinking such a thing in July throughout recent years. You just wanted something negative to day didn't ya.
  • Pocotron - July 2, 2011 12:32 a.m.

I sat there staring at The Smurfs: Dance Party. I just sat here for 3 minutes thinking, "why would somebody make this? How could someone sit there and design this game without offing themselves?" This is one of those few games where I actually wonder why they exist other than money.
  • BladedFalcon - July 1, 2011 11:58 p.m.

@GringoStar Aaand without a true argument or fact of why it's such a "boring Platformer" or a "Shameless Garbage" I'm just gonna go ahead and call Bullshit on your statement. I'm really Looking forward to El Shaddai, and the only thing that might stop me is that fact that it might be very well distributed in Mexico... Games like these never are, unfortunately -.-
  • DualWieldingIsNotFeasible - July 1, 2011 11:56 p.m.

Wow, July is a bit of a ghost town. Hopefully, 'From Dust' and 'Bastion' will turn out to play as good as they look, because I'm not interested in anything else.
  • Jaces - July 1, 2011 11:23 p.m.

@Ice Potato: This is good news! Finally we will have time to catch up on games we've yet to play. :D