• shawksta - December 26, 2013 10:39 a.m.

I am really loving the new style, getting rid of the gritty textures from brawl of trying to be realistic and putting a lot of detail and effects on the clothing. Zelda looks amazing with all the different screenshots. Of course there's also this more interesting one http://www.smashbros.com/images/character/zelda/screen-2.jpg Is it a new move? A new Final Smash!? An Assist trophy!? AW DAMN also yeah, they do consider Shiek her own seperate character
  • duaa3121 - December 31, 2013 12:05 p.m.

The Picture definitely is an Assist Trophy!!
  • codystovall - December 26, 2013 7:24 a.m.

Zelda? never saw that coming Wowz.
  • shawksta - December 18, 2013 5:06 p.m.

Didnt get a chance to properly talk about this. Sakurai was definitely right when he said he wants more unique characters and Rosalina's fighting style is definitley it. That trailer really hype man.
  • josephgevedon - December 18, 2013 3:17 p.m.

Please nintendo hear my plea!! Get somebody from Golden sun!!
  • winner2 - December 18, 2013 2:24 p.m.

This was the big news of the direct? Nintendo's such a heart breaker.
  • Jackonomics2.0 - December 18, 2013 2:41 p.m.

There were more news and more things announced, like Dynasty Warriors:Zelda Skinned edition. Gamesradar is just fucking slow, or they are writing a long as fuck article about it. And to be fair, Rosalina's reveal was CGI made, like the rest of the newcomers. You guys just throw anything in the garbage if it doesn't appeal to you don't ya?
  • talleyXIV - December 18, 2013 5:01 p.m.

Hyrule Warriors.
  • codystovall - December 18, 2013 1:57 p.m.

................mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh.......
  • Redeater - December 18, 2013 1:08 p.m.

Where is my "Yarn" Kirby 2 or Yoshi? Where are my HD Galaxies or new Metroids? What's that? We get a Zelda Dynasty Warriors that looks like it's from the PS2 era? Wait, it doesn't even have a proper title in all odds we won't be getting it for at least 2-3 years? Oh, but it's ok. We have another character in Smash Bros............
  • Jackonomics2.0 - December 18, 2013 1:57 p.m.

You Nintendorks are hilarious This happens every time a Nintendo direct happens "WHERE'S MUH METROID, STAR FOX NEEDS TO HAPPEN, F-ZERO ISN'T DEAD RIGHT!?!?" (Mario Kart 8's Zero Gravity = F-Zero is Dead) Don't expect any changes til Nintendo crashes because their fiscal report is gonna bomb. Also apparently once Rosalina was revealed, a butt load of Waluigi and Daisy fankids started getting all mad, it was fucking hilarious.
  • Redeater - December 18, 2013 3:24 p.m.

Right.....because I'm wrong to be upset that I don't have any games to look forward to on a system I paid $300 for. The reason everyone is asking for new games with Nintendo IPs is because 3rd party games on the Wii U are either non existent or completely inferior. I'm pretty much neutral when it comes to "fanboy bullshit". Luckily I'm a grown man who has worked hard and is fortunate enough to be able to piss away money on all three consoles so I don't feel the need to grab my bitchforks and torches every time someone comes on here bashing a console I own. So yeah, I don't think I'm considered a "Nintendork". Christ I could have gone through the rest of my life without hearing that label. It sounds like something most people would have grown out of after they hit puberty.
  • Jackonomics2.0 - December 18, 2013 3:34 p.m.

There are worser terms, like Nintenyearold, but it's too degrading.
  • Divine Paladin - December 18, 2013 5:58 p.m.

Nintendo has, since 2013 began, formally announced (I.e. Visually, with a trailer) one game that didn't launch within a year. That was DKC:TF, only because of delay. I'm not defending the lack of games, because that's inexcusable. Just follow me here. With a game like Dynasty Warriors, it takes maybe two years of development time, most of which would b. To polish the graphics. I expect Hyrule Warriors out by the end of 2014 because of this: The game seems to be at least Alpha Stage, and with the turnaround Gundam and One Piece Pirate Warriors got from game to game, going from Alpha to done isn't a stretch of more than that year we have left now. Zelda U was apparently, like E3, ready to be shown. Last minute it was pulled and replaced with what is clearly not an intentional Hyrule Warriors trailer (it didn't even have a logo concept). So Aonuma pulled out until E3 in case he needed to delay the game until early 2015. This all ties in to my point. Nintendo doesn't wanna disappoint with early announcements. Yoshi's Yarn will hit in 2014 for what I am now fully convinced is the Year of Yoshi (good call, GR), but as you sort of noted was unveiled too early. (I'm guessing it'll hit around late summer but that's unrelated right now.) Reggie already spilled a bit too much about a new Metroid at the VGX, too. But based on Nintendo's marketing strategy over the past year, as compared go the U launch, I can safely say it is better for everyone if they don't jump the gun. Sure, you're mad now, but there's a likely chance you'll be consuming Mario Kart 8, DKC, and possibly SSB within six months, and that's a pretty good spring if you ask me. I'm positive a Metroid is in development (and hopeful for a Star Fox too), so you just have to have faith that Nintendo knows what it's doing with its marketing right now. I had NO faith in 3D World when it was announced earlier this year, but Nintendo knows how to make games, and on how to flip the hype switch. I'm hoping my rambling didn't distract from the overall point here, but just in case, a quick TL;DR: Nintendo has seemingly had a set plan for announcing shit. While the wait can be arduous, it's best we give them the benefit of the doubt.
  • Jackonomics2.0 - December 18, 2013 12:57 p.m.

My roommate squealed like a girl. Though I gotta give it to em, faking a "Kirby in Mario Kart" only to turn into smash was pretty neat. Though apparently there are people that were disappointed that it wasn't actually Kirby in Mario Kart, but only because they are still sucking Kirby Air Ride's dick. Some people actually thought this whole thing meant a Kirby Air Ride 2. Cant blame em.
  • KNITEpanda - December 18, 2013 12:08 p.m.

I would LOVE to see a playable Monster Hunter character. Or at least one of the random encounters that happen throughout a map. They could either come help you fight in high level monster gear. Or even one of the iconic monsters showing up to do damage across the screen would be amazing.
  • g1rldraco7 - December 18, 2013 11:51 a.m.

I keep thinking that this is a sign of Super Mario Galaxy 3 is coming or because she is a playable character in 3D World.
  • J-Fid - December 18, 2013 3:06 p.m.

I think it's because she's in 3D World. The recommendation on her page points to that game.
  • BladedFalcon - December 18, 2013 7:10 a.m.

...Welp, guess I was wring in thinking Nintendo would step up their game for this new Nintendo direct.
  • shawksta - December 18, 2013 7:57 a.m.

Depends on how you look at it. Hyrule Warriors only shows Nintendo is continuing their plan on letting third parties handle their IP's and just letting their IP's into everything, only strengthened by that Yoshi's Island Sonic Zone DLC and future Most-likely-but-not-confirmed Zelda DLC Then there's got Eshop stuff and then there's the psuedo Mario Kart into Smash trailer. and apparently Japan and Europe got even more stuff like a release date for Layton vs Ace Attorney and other things. It was mostly 3DS but we also got some neat things for Wii U, more or less
  • Cyberninja - December 18, 2013 8:07 a.m.

I agree I was perfectly content with this Nintendo Direct it showed that Nintendo does its own thing and is unconcerned with its competitors