• Pillfy - December 18, 2013 2:50 p.m.

If you watch the trailer closely, Rosalina has some very interesting moves. She can draw items to her, makes a projectile (mario's water spray) go around her, and I think I saw the luma edge guard somebody hehe.
  • winner2 - December 18, 2013 2:24 p.m.

This was the big news of the direct? Nintendo's such a heart breaker.
  • Jackonomics2.0 - December 18, 2013 2:41 p.m.

There were more news and more things announced, like Dynasty Warriors:Zelda Skinned edition. Gamesradar is just fucking slow, or they are writing a long as fuck article about it. And to be fair, Rosalina's reveal was CGI made, like the rest of the newcomers. You guys just throw anything in the garbage if it doesn't appeal to you don't ya?
  • talleyXIV - December 18, 2013 5:01 p.m.

Hyrule Warriors.
  • codystovall - December 18, 2013 1:57 p.m.

................mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh.......
  • Redeater - December 18, 2013 1:08 p.m.

Where is my "Yarn" Kirby 2 or Yoshi? Where are my HD Galaxies or new Metroids? What's that? We get a Zelda Dynasty Warriors that looks like it's from the PS2 era? Wait, it doesn't even have a proper title in all odds we won't be getting it for at least 2-3 years? Oh, but it's ok. We have another character in Smash Bros............
  • Jackonomics2.0 - December 18, 2013 1:57 p.m.

You Nintendorks are hilarious This happens every time a Nintendo direct happens "WHERE'S MUH METROID, STAR FOX NEEDS TO HAPPEN, F-ZERO ISN'T DEAD RIGHT!?!?" (Mario Kart 8's Zero Gravity = F-Zero is Dead) Don't expect any changes til Nintendo crashes because their fiscal report is gonna bomb. Also apparently once Rosalina was revealed, a butt load of Waluigi and Daisy fankids started getting all mad, it was fucking hilarious.
  • Redeater - December 18, 2013 3:24 p.m.

Right.....because I'm wrong to be upset that I don't have any games to look forward to on a system I paid $300 for. The reason everyone is asking for new games with Nintendo IPs is because 3rd party games on the Wii U are either non existent or completely inferior. I'm pretty much neutral when it comes to "fanboy bullshit". Luckily I'm a grown man who has worked hard and is fortunate enough to be able to piss away money on all three consoles so I don't feel the need to grab my bitchforks and torches every time someone comes on here bashing a console I own. So yeah, I don't think I'm considered a "Nintendork". Christ I could have gone through the rest of my life without hearing that label. It sounds like something most people would have grown out of after they hit puberty.
  • Jackonomics2.0 - December 18, 2013 3:34 p.m.

There are worser terms, like Nintenyearold, but it's too degrading.
  • Divine Paladin - December 18, 2013 5:58 p.m.

Nintendo has, since 2013 began, formally announced (I.e. Visually, with a trailer) one game that didn't launch within a year. That was DKC:TF, only because of delay. I'm not defending the lack of games, because that's inexcusable. Just follow me here. With a game like Dynasty Warriors, it takes maybe two years of development time, most of which would b. To polish the graphics. I expect Hyrule Warriors out by the end of 2014 because of this: The game seems to be at least Alpha Stage, and with the turnaround Gundam and One Piece Pirate Warriors got from game to game, going from Alpha to done isn't a stretch of more than that year we have left now. Zelda U was apparently, like E3, ready to be shown. Last minute it was pulled and replaced with what is clearly not an intentional Hyrule Warriors trailer (it didn't even have a logo concept). So Aonuma pulled out until E3 in case he needed to delay the game until early 2015. This all ties in to my point. Nintendo doesn't wanna disappoint with early announcements. Yoshi's Yarn will hit in 2014 for what I am now fully convinced is the Year of Yoshi (good call, GR), but as you sort of noted was unveiled too early. (I'm guessing it'll hit around late summer but that's unrelated right now.) Reggie already spilled a bit too much about a new Metroid at the VGX, too. But based on Nintendo's marketing strategy over the past year, as compared go the U launch, I can safely say it is better for everyone if they don't jump the gun. Sure, you're mad now, but there's a likely chance you'll be consuming Mario Kart 8, DKC, and possibly SSB within six months, and that's a pretty good spring if you ask me. I'm positive a Metroid is in development (and hopeful for a Star Fox too), so you just have to have faith that Nintendo knows what it's doing with its marketing right now. I had NO faith in 3D World when it was announced earlier this year, but Nintendo knows how to make games, and on how to flip the hype switch. I'm hoping my rambling didn't distract from the overall point here, but just in case, a quick TL;DR: Nintendo has seemingly had a set plan for announcing shit. While the wait can be arduous, it's best we give them the benefit of the doubt.
  • Jackonomics2.0 - December 18, 2013 12:57 p.m.

My roommate squealed like a girl. Though I gotta give it to em, faking a "Kirby in Mario Kart" only to turn into smash was pretty neat. Though apparently there are people that were disappointed that it wasn't actually Kirby in Mario Kart, but only because they are still sucking Kirby Air Ride's dick. Some people actually thought this whole thing meant a Kirby Air Ride 2. Cant blame em.
  • KNITEpanda - December 18, 2013 12:08 p.m.

I would LOVE to see a playable Monster Hunter character. Or at least one of the random encounters that happen throughout a map. They could either come help you fight in high level monster gear. Or even one of the iconic monsters showing up to do damage across the screen would be amazing.
  • g1rldraco7 - December 18, 2013 11:51 a.m.

I keep thinking that this is a sign of Super Mario Galaxy 3 is coming or because she is a playable character in 3D World.
  • J-Fid - December 18, 2013 3:06 p.m.

I think it's because she's in 3D World. The recommendation on her page points to that game.
  • BladedFalcon - December 18, 2013 7:10 a.m.

...Welp, guess I was wring in thinking Nintendo would step up their game for this new Nintendo direct.
  • shawksta - December 18, 2013 7:57 a.m.

Depends on how you look at it. Hyrule Warriors only shows Nintendo is continuing their plan on letting third parties handle their IP's and just letting their IP's into everything, only strengthened by that Yoshi's Island Sonic Zone DLC and future Most-likely-but-not-confirmed Zelda DLC Then there's got Eshop stuff and then there's the psuedo Mario Kart into Smash trailer. and apparently Japan and Europe got even more stuff like a release date for Layton vs Ace Attorney and other things. It was mostly 3DS but we also got some neat things for Wii U, more or less
  • Cyberninja - December 18, 2013 8:07 a.m.

I agree I was perfectly content with this Nintendo Direct it showed that Nintendo does its own thing and is unconcerned with its competitors
  • BladedFalcon - December 18, 2013 8:27 a.m.

Read: Nintendo has no real idea of what they want or need to do and they are just making random shit of whatever they can think of without committing to any particular strong strategy or vision.
  • BladedFalcon - December 18, 2013 8:15 a.m.

...Yes, because what Nintendo fans wanted to hear wasn't more about a New Zelda, a new star Fox, a new IP altogether, or at the very least more concrete details about the new Smash bros games that isn't a single character reveal... Apparently, what fans want, (And what Nintendo seems to think they need to get back on track...) is a spin-off that's basically a zelda skinned version of Dinasty Warriors... A franchise that just about anyone that isn't Jim Sterling is completely sick of at this point. DLC for a Third party game that wasn't that great nor that popular to begin with. And a Luigi themed version of Dr Mario... A puzzle game that isn't really that popular nor that beloved within the already niche genre of puzzles... Even looking at it from different angles, I fail to see how what they presented here is in any way better or more exciting than anything of what people actually WANT from Nintendo. See, this is my problem with you, or just about every diehard fan of Nintendo out there: Compare the comments and posts made on the days before a Nintendo direct or a press reveal is announced, look at what people clamor and ask from Nintendo. Then compare it to what is actually revealed and presented: It's very rarely what people want or even better; It's always LESS. And yet, as shown by your above post, instead of getting angry or feeling betrayed by Nintendo, the first things fans do is to bend over backwards to defend the shit they just revealed even though it isn't remotely what they wanted in the first place. It's the kind of twisted, baffling brand loyalty that I just don't see with any other company.
  • Cyberninja - December 18, 2013 8:46 a.m.

Nintendo does things that interesting and different, I personally am not sick of the DW fanchise since I have only played one game and look at the post from yesterday I made about the Nintendo Direct and tell me again what I was asking for exactly? I know a New Zelda comes when New Zelda comes after all we just had Link between Worlds for 3DS which was new, a new star fox I could care less about and in case you didn't notice new ips are pretty frequent for their smaller games. I went in with no expectations for the Nintendo Direct and was pleasantly surprised by the result, I have no reason to feel betrayal or anything of that nature. But then again you can never speak for all fans some people will always want more then they will get, but seriously check my comment for yesterday and see if my attitude and response reflect how I feel. After all I see a bunch of new interesting games I will enjoy playing and you see Nintendo failing to keep up with Mircosoft and Sony but to each his own