• Redeater - February 13, 2014 2:51 p.m.

You guys missed the most important announcement. Steel Diver 2 #Dreamsdocometrue
  • BladedFalcon - February 13, 2014 3:45 p.m.

B-but... It's free to play! That's super popular and endearing with kids these days, right???
  • shawksta - February 13, 2014 7:43 p.m.

There's 2 versions. A Free version that only gives you 2 subs and a bit of single player mode but gives you the Multiplayer, both of them. And the paid version that gives you the rest of Subs and the full single player mode. An interesting model honestly. Nintendo did say they were gonna use Steel Diver as an experiment for a Free to play model.
  • J-Fid - February 13, 2014 2:48 p.m.

Would have liked it if the stupid Nintendo Direct would have loaded on time so I could have watched the announcement live. But... YES! I knew he'd be playable! He's too perfect for Smash Bros.!
  • BladedFalcon - February 13, 2014 2:21 p.m.

o.O Holy shit! Little Mac! Now THAT is an awesome addition! Probably the most exciting of the new characters taht have been revealed so far aside from Mega Man.
  • Vonter - February 13, 2014 4:01 p.m.

Didn't know you were a Punch Out! fan. I've only beaten the one for Wii. He is very small, I thought he was like light weight and fighting in heavy weight. Especially when put besides Doc he didn't looked THAT small.
  • BladedFalcon - February 13, 2014 4:20 p.m.

I only played the Wii one a little, (because It wasn't mine, it was in passing.) but I LOVED the shit out of Super Punch Out! for the SNES. Which honestly, if you ask me is the best game out of the Punch Out series yet. I love the series overall though, and I appreciate it's gameplay a ton, which is why I'm very happy to see Little Mac get some more love.
  • Vonter - February 13, 2014 4:24 p.m.

I'm betting that KO move is a charged move, it seems he has to stand still to do it and I think it could have a bit of super armor. Anyway I like how each newcomer so far has had his own intro movie, is WAY more exciting than just having the pics and render like it was in Brawl.
  • BladedFalcon - February 13, 2014 4:26 p.m.

Agreed there, though it's a bit of a shame that there is still no release date for either version.
  • Vonter - February 13, 2014 5:09 p.m.

Fall 2014 and really hoping there's not a delay. Brawl got delayed even with it's far release date. Still I think we'll be kind of aware that when most of the spots are filled it'll be likely the release date is close by. I mean with the latest returning fighters I'm not sure who is gonna get the shaft, if any.
  • shawksta - February 13, 2014 8:04 p.m.

It is awesome, especially because there was controversy over if he was even going to come back. What with all the Assist Trophies, Starfy coming back, Mac's lack of signiture moves and most importantly, the fact that Villager had a move with Boxing Gloves on. His trailer was really awesome, especially since they exaggerated his size with Samus and he punched her in the rib in anger. I find it neat that they incorporated something from all 3 games, his original black haired look, the KO Meter from Super Punch out and his final smash being Giga Mac from Punch Out Wii. I wonder how the KO meter works, It should follow with Super Punch Out where itll build up the more combos you make without getting hit but thats really hard, thats like the exact opposite of Lucario actually.
  • shawksta - February 11, 2014 8:22 a.m.

Diddy's gonna be next.
  • ghzelda - February 3, 2014 9:23 p.m.

(Appearence) Rayman's appearence should be exactly like (Rayman 2 Great Escape Dreamcast version) with Wii U version. Rayman would be a great choice for (Super Smash Bro. 4). I have a good idea what he should be like. As we all know, proven in (Rayman Great Escape 2) Rayman is complete energy. He can create anything using the energy of Lums and the powers given to him by Globox & Ly. B special move- (Energy Fist) Like (Rayman Great Escape 2), Rayman will charge a energy ball in his hand for a limited amount of time. Over time this charge will shock his hand making him let it go. This attack can bounce off walls 2 times but gets weaker upon doing so. While he charges, after 2-3 secs, he can only move back/forward facing the same dreation but not face left/right with an exception of the of that charge. He is also not allowed to jump upon doing so. Color changes apply to (Energy Fist) the Fist goes though 3 different color changes upon charging.(exact order) white - weak 1-2%(rapid fire short distance) Bluish silver - normal 10% (single shot mid distance) gold - strong (shows lightning effect) 20% with alot of recoil (single shot long distance) Side B special - (Rocket Dog) Rayman will ride a yellow Pirate Dog Rocket from (Rayman 2 Great Escape.) similar to how (Wario) rides this bike but when Rayman jumps off, it will go straight forward in one direction until it hits something then explodes. (Note - cannot turn left/right upon use while in air/ground) 14% Down B special - (Dive pound) Rayman will dive towards the ground like in (Rayman Legends). similar to (Yoshi's down B) but with no stars, instead just air pushing the opponent away from Rayman. Rayman himself will be the hitbox similar to (Toonlink) down-air stab. 8% Up B special - (Rocket Barrel) like in (Rayman 2 Great Esacpe) Rayman will hold a barrel and fly forwards the stage in a diagonal line. Rocket self-destructs if used entirely leaving Rayman floating his way down helplessly or ledge has been grabbed. Very fast/average range. 10% (Neutral Attack) - Rayman will kick and punch then deliver a spin kick to the opponent. like in (Rayman Legends) even though it shows him walking with this, he will not be able to walk and attack while doing so like he does in Legends. 8% (Neutral air) - Rayman will spin his feet in a circle like in (Rayman Legends) when he slides down the chain in Legends. Even though it does not show him doing this while hes in helicopter hair but only on the chain it seems like a good Neutral air. 6% (forward air) - Rayman will kick forward like in (Rayman Legends) 5% (back air) - Rayman will give a fast punch behind himself. 5% (Down air) - Rayman will flail his feet downwards in all directions under him similar to (yoshi rapid drill kicks) 6 kicks 2%-3% per kick (up air)- Rayman kicks up like in (Rayman Legends) 5% (down tilt)- Rayman will down kick like in (Rayman Legends) even though he only seen doing this in tight spaces when they didnt give him this in his original stance. 5% (up tilt) - Rayman will put his hands in the air similar to (Ness' up tilt) but his hands will be like in (Rayman Legends) 5% (forward tilt) - Rayman will kick forward like in (Rayman Legends)5% (Forward Smash) - Rayman will wind up this Fist Like in (Rayman Legends) but the distance will be half in range. 18% (Up Smash) - Rayman will wind up this Fist and uppercut the opponent in the air like in (Rayman Legends) half distance. 19% (Down Smash) - Rayman will slam his Fist on the ground flat impacting the ground around him. 18% (Final Smash) - (Lum Blast) Like in (Rayman 2 Great Escape) Rayman hands will glow gold like the item he gets called the (Golden Fist). While wearing this, if he gets hit 3 time he loses the fist but in this final smash, that's not the case. Instead, Rayman will gether energy in his Golden hands that will grow bigger; similar to (Pikachu's) final smash. When he releases the energy, the ball of energy will bounce around the stage uncontrollably while rayman focuses from anyplace on the stage. Overtime, Lum Blast will shrink but the power will remain the same but easier to dodge. 30% (Up throw) - Rayman will grab the opponent and punch the opponent up. 10% (forward throw) - Rayman will grab and throw opponent forward. 11% (down throw) - Rayman will grab throw the opponent down and punch them 3 times. 11% (back throW) - Rayman will grab the opponent and swing his arms in a circle around his body while his opponent is in his hands. 10% (grab attack) - while Rayman is grabbing his opponent he will spin his hair on this opponent. 2% Rayman is my favorite character and I love how he is in Great Escape. I don't see how they would not at least consider having him in the next Smash Bros. But, if I were to have the opportunity to make Rayman, this would (In my point of view) be an awesome creation to add in the next one.
  • supaMcnugget - January 31, 2014 4:58 p.m.

You know, I think this is sort of a "meh" announcement for me. On one hand, I enjoyed playing as Lucario in Brawl and thought he was a fun character. In that sense, I'm sort of pleasantly surprised. However, if Lucario is included at the expense of someone more deserving and requested by fans like Mewtwo then I will be very, VERY disappointed.
  • MrKart - February 1, 2014 5:07 p.m.

Mewtwo is not more requested by the fans. You don't speak for the whole community--Smash fans have overwhelmingly wanted Lucario over Mewtwo, who was useless in Melee. Everyone who complains about Lucario being a "casual player character" has absolutely no idea what they're talking about.
  • supaMcnugget - February 1, 2014 5:28 p.m.

That's why I stated that it was a "meh" announcement for me, personally. I never said I spoke for any particular community. Nevertheless, I still like Lucario. Thankfully it sounds like Sakurai is making him stand out even further by augmenting his aura feature. Still, I liked Mewtwo from Melee and would like him back. Since Lucario and Mewtwo are similar I figured one would be included at the expense of the other. We'll have to wait and see, but maybe that won't be an issue for some fans (such as myself).
  • codystovall - February 1, 2014 5:31 p.m.

Smash fan here, Lucario blows, not a good design, dont even care for him in the pokemon game, most people only know him because nintendo/game freak whored him out in marketing.
  • supaMcnugget - January 31, 2014 4:54 p.m.

You know, I think this is sort of a "meh" announcement for me. On one hand, I enjoyed playing as Lucario in Brawl and thought he was a fun character. In that sense, I'm pleasantly surprised. However, if Lucario is included at the expense of Mewtwo then I will be very, very disappointed.
  • g1rldraco7 - January 31, 2014 3:03 p.m.

I knew he was coming back, makes me happy wooooo!!!
  • slimjim441 - January 31, 2014 10:04 a.m.

Goddamn motherfucking Lucario. I'm incredibly disappointed with that decision.
  • GameManiac - January 31, 2014 9:37 a.m.

Awesome! I can cross off Lucario returning to Super Smash Bros. off of my wish list. He was my best and favorite character in Brawl. Now if they can only bring in Mewtwo, as well as add both Krystal and Zoroark as newcomers.
  • winner2 - January 31, 2014 8:19 a.m.

Fuckin lucario, seriously? Of all pokemon they chose that thing