• g1rldraco7 - February 13, 2014 3:28 p.m.

Little Mac joins the pack? His character design is cool and :3
  • TMcKeon64 - February 13, 2014 3:10 p.m.

Yay, Little Mac!
  • Redeater - February 13, 2014 2:51 p.m.

You guys missed the most important announcement. Steel Diver 2 #Dreamsdocometrue
  • BladedFalcon - February 13, 2014 3:45 p.m.

B-but... It's free to play! That's super popular and endearing with kids these days, right???
  • Vonter - February 13, 2014 5:36 p.m.

Yeah :( Also in the Baseball game you can bargain the price of the things that cost money. Not sure if that's good or bad.
  • Redeater - February 13, 2014 6:21 p.m.

Nintendo: "We are going to look into branching out into the many different ways people are gaming these days" *Releases shaky ftp game based on the critically panned, overpriced and arguably worst launch title of all time. Never change Nintendo!
  • shawksta - February 13, 2014 8:06 p.m.

Nintendo said in the past that they are gonna use Steel Diver in a Free To Play Model. We technically saw this coming.
  • Redeater - February 13, 2014 9:48 p.m.

Oh trust me, I remember. I just find it hilarious that most successful ftp games are built around a series of routines that are straight out of Animal Crossing. Yet, instead if basing it on something like Pokemon or AC Nintendo chooses Steel Diver. I understand they are "testing the waters" it just seems like a very curious choice when huge games like Simpson's Tapped Out have been essentially emulating AC gameplay.....a game Nintendo has been making for years. :)
  • shawksta - February 13, 2014 9:59 p.m.

You make a good point there. Also i remember Nintendo said they wanted to experiment with an FPS setting. Yet again taking a bizarre route with Steel Diver. Also im noticing a rather annoying trend. More 3DS games are getting online modes than Wii U games. goddamn it. Speaking of which, i cant play Steel Diver without a functioning SD card but apparently people are loving the crap out of it and you can apparently do morse code. Try it if you havent already.
  • Redeater - February 13, 2014 11:59 p.m.

Neat, will check it out.
  • shawksta - February 13, 2014 7:43 p.m.

There's 2 versions. A Free version that only gives you 2 subs and a bit of single player mode but gives you the Multiplayer, both of them. And the paid version that gives you the rest of Subs and the full single player mode. An interesting model honestly. Nintendo did say they were gonna use Steel Diver as an experiment for a Free to play model.
  • J-Fid - February 13, 2014 2:48 p.m.

Would have liked it if the stupid Nintendo Direct would have loaded on time so I could have watched the announcement live. But... YES! I knew he'd be playable! He's too perfect for Smash Bros.!
  • BladedFalcon - February 13, 2014 2:21 p.m.

o.O Holy shit! Little Mac! Now THAT is an awesome addition! Probably the most exciting of the new characters taht have been revealed so far aside from Mega Man.
  • Vonter - February 13, 2014 4:01 p.m.

Didn't know you were a Punch Out! fan. I've only beaten the one for Wii. He is very small, I thought he was like light weight and fighting in heavy weight. Especially when put besides Doc he didn't looked THAT small.
  • BladedFalcon - February 13, 2014 4:20 p.m.

I only played the Wii one a little, (because It wasn't mine, it was in passing.) but I LOVED the shit out of Super Punch Out! for the SNES. Which honestly, if you ask me is the best game out of the Punch Out series yet. I love the series overall though, and I appreciate it's gameplay a ton, which is why I'm very happy to see Little Mac get some more love.
  • Vonter - February 13, 2014 4:24 p.m.

I'm betting that KO move is a charged move, it seems he has to stand still to do it and I think it could have a bit of super armor. Anyway I like how each newcomer so far has had his own intro movie, is WAY more exciting than just having the pics and render like it was in Brawl.
  • BladedFalcon - February 13, 2014 4:26 p.m.

Agreed there, though it's a bit of a shame that there is still no release date for either version.
  • Vonter - February 13, 2014 5:09 p.m.

Fall 2014 and really hoping there's not a delay. Brawl got delayed even with it's far release date. Still I think we'll be kind of aware that when most of the spots are filled it'll be likely the release date is close by. I mean with the latest returning fighters I'm not sure who is gonna get the shaft, if any.
  • shawksta - February 13, 2014 8:04 p.m.

It is awesome, especially because there was controversy over if he was even going to come back. What with all the Assist Trophies, Starfy coming back, Mac's lack of signiture moves and most importantly, the fact that Villager had a move with Boxing Gloves on. His trailer was really awesome, especially since they exaggerated his size with Samus and he punched her in the rib in anger. I find it neat that they incorporated something from all 3 games, his original black haired look, the KO Meter from Super Punch out and his final smash being Giga Mac from Punch Out Wii. I wonder how the KO meter works, It should follow with Super Punch Out where itll build up the more combos you make without getting hit but thats really hard, thats like the exact opposite of Lucario actually.
  • shawksta - February 11, 2014 8:22 a.m.

Diddy's gonna be next.