• GOD - January 31, 2014 12:37 a.m.

Hmmmm now to see if Mewtwo comes back as well after his hiatus..... Also, not sure if this had been confirmed previously, but in one of his pics you can see the Megaman stage with the Yellow giant, so it looks like it is only there as a stage hazard of some sort.
  • shawksta - January 31, 2014 1:10 a.m.

That was already officially confirmed He appears in the background first http://mariopartylegacy.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/ssbday135.jpg and attacks like this http://25.media.tumblr.com/d6fb624bcef904b7f573c824c333a667/tumblr_mxomaqyjPf1sw8d3mo1_1280.png
  • J-Fid - January 31, 2014 6:12 a.m.

So you're telling me that he's a giant stage hazard? That's awful, this was shaping up to be my favorite stage, and this would ruin it (my favorite stages to play on have no hazards (except Big Blue)).
  • shawksta - January 31, 2014 8:41 a.m.

Lets be fair here, the stage wouldve been entirely generic if it was just the platform and had those roating platforms on the top
  • J-Fid - January 31, 2014 8:50 a.m.

Yes, I enjoy fighting on neutral stages such as Final Destination, Yoshi's Island, and Smashville. I don't enjoy fighting on stages such as Spear Pillar because the interferences from the Palkia and Cresselia are too great of an interference. Now, if Yellow Devil attacks similarly to Dialga, where he's on the field for a couple seconds, that won't be as bad. Even still, I'll probably be playing here a lot because I can't just ignore Mega Man music. It's the same reason why I love fighting on F-Zero stages.
  • shawksta - January 31, 2014 9:11 a.m.

Yellow devil, from the way it seems, wont actually attack you in its form, it looks like its that specific attack he does. Stages that are more neutral but atleast have a flair can make wonders, like you said with Yoshi's Island's season chages and the occasional pot ghosts. and Wii U's Animal Crossing stage is a transforming background one which is neat. The only thing i really find annoying in Spear Pillar is Palkia's gravity change where he tilts or flips the stage upside down, otherwise i find the lasers pretty easy. Everyone has their preference that can be catered, thats the magic of Smash
  • shawksta - January 30, 2014 10:43 p.m.

LUCARIO'S BACK
  • Vonter - January 31, 2014 12:36 a.m.

But what does that mean for Mewtwo? I think at this point no one will be cut besides Snake. But still was expecting Jigglypuff or Pokemon trainer being revealed before this guy. IMO he was hard to use in Brawl.
  • shawksta - January 31, 2014 1:14 a.m.

We wont know for sure im afraid, his exposure in X and Y and the new movie with Genesect should help but we'll have to wait and see. Sakurai pointed out today that "Lucario joined the battle for the first time in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, which was released six years ago. The production staff of Brawl worked really hard to expand the character roster--without their efforts, Lucario probably never would have joined the battle."
  • J-Fid - January 31, 2014 6:14 a.m.

After reading that statement, I will guarantee that someone is announced on 3/9. I'm guessing R.O.B. or Mr. G & W.
  • shawksta - January 31, 2014 8:44 a.m.

Every month a character is announced but it seems Lucario became a second character for this month similar to Toon Link and Peach in September. as for February, there's either 2 choices. 1. The most likely choice, Diddy Kong to return as a veteran OR 2. Sakurai goes with his original plan to have Diddy and Dixie as a Tag Team newcomer/veteran from Brawl IF he somehow found a way around the problems that emerged with the idea.
  • BloodyShenlong - January 29, 2014 6:59 p.m.

Man, if friggin' Palutena gets in but not Magnus, I'm gonna be pissed...
  • UberPyro64 - January 31, 2014 1:43 a.m.

But Palutena is obviously more likely than some random guy that appears for like two chapters. She definitely will get in over Magnus or any KI rep for that matter.
  • shawksta - January 28, 2014 11:45 p.m.

Today's update is confirmed of a Kid Icarus Uprising stage for Wii U I AM BEYOND SATISFIED, I KNEW UPRISING WAS TOO GOOD OF A GAME TO ONLY HAVE A STAGE ON 3DS
  • GOD - January 22, 2014 9:09 p.m.

From the pose, to her gear, to her soft expression I'd say this is very much an assist trophy. Her pose is that of signalling an attack, but there are no movement lines or signs that the picture is her in the middle of a fast motion, meaning it's more like a slow movement of an assist trophy signaling it's attack starting. Even though Peach can have a soft expression, she usually is more expressive than that especially when in combat so Palutena's face there seems way to static for a real character. Lastly there's no real point in giving her that shield when all characters have bubble shields, meaning it's just for show, i.e. for an assist trophy. Lastly, you can see that floating aura above her head, which wouldn't make sense for any player character because it would clutter up the screen in regular combat, and is another sign that it's a special flashy thing for showing off a flashy assist trophy.
  • WadeSlade - January 22, 2014 9:50 p.m.

Those are all really good arguments for why it'd be an assist trophy. The only flaw I see is the argument about the shield because Link also has a shield. Also I like your picture
  • GOD - January 22, 2014 9:55 p.m.

My bad about the shield part, because in her normal pictures I'm not used to noticing it because her arm has it turned away.
  • shawksta - January 22, 2014 10:56 p.m.

Save for the shield you really have a major point. Nice ones. I know something is off.
  • codystovall - January 22, 2014 8:45 p.m.

Idk about pic but as for possibility it seems theyre trying to include more female characters.
  • J-Fid - January 22, 2014 3:31 p.m.

Probably an Assist Trophy.
  • universaltofu - January 22, 2014 2:55 p.m.

I buy it, it's fine to err on the side of caution and not believe every damn thing you read, but garndoshit it's alright to take some things at face value.