• Jacko415 - January 18, 2014 12:55 a.m.

Recommended combination of them?
  • Bansheebot - January 17, 2014 10:10 p.m.

Perk/Rebalance mods like Skyre do wonders for making the game feel fresh. Hell, it even makes it so that the dawnguard aren't the only people in the entire world who have crossbows.
  • Eightboll812 - January 17, 2014 8:13 p.m.

I would mention STEP. I think that is a neat project because it is a more systematic overhaul project and includes order of installation since some mods conflict with each other. Also how come no mention of the unofficial patches?
  • GR_RyanTaljonick - January 17, 2014 8:49 p.m.

There's a brief mention in one of the slides
  • Eightboll812 - January 19, 2014 6:06 p.m.

Oh, yeah, I see it now. I have a bad habit of just reading the slides and not the text below... While I'm thinking about it, if you ever update this in the future, I have a couple of suggestions... not random suggestions, but suggestions based on reading this article before and then researching some of the plugins mentioned. First, I would suggest adding maybe a category for mod managers. The Nexus manager isn't really all that great. It doesn't handle conflicts or uninstallation all that well. Other mod managers do better at that. Second, even though I've already mentioned it, STEP is pretty neat for a couple of reasons. When I read the install instructions for RealVision ENB, it has a whole slew of pre-requisites. But it's instructions aren't all that great compared to STEP. STEP tells you basically what order to install everything, including RealVision ENB. I also learned a few things about mods and managing mods from reading their guide. The other reason I like STEP is that you can get involved with the project. They need testers of their install process (when it gets updated), for example.
  • Frieza - January 17, 2014 2:33 p.m.

No Skywind?
  • Doctalen - January 17, 2014 2:49 p.m.

Skywind has a public release? Either way public release or no since the mods come from Nexus, Skywind wouldn't be on here since Nexus considers a violation of copyrights. But please tell me it had a public release
  • Doctalen - January 17, 2014 2:58 p.m.

Just checked and the only public release out is the terrain :(
  • Frieza - January 17, 2014 4:45 p.m.

Really? I could have sworn they put more out to the public than that. Maybe I'm wrong though. Oh well. Guess I was wrong again. :/
  • Doctalen - January 17, 2014 4:48 p.m.

They have a masterfile out for modders or so says the FAQ page. I suppose that's something
  • CatOfTheCanals - January 18, 2014 6:18 p.m.

Skywind is open source. You can get it any time. The last time I checked they were on v0.9 I could do quests, but whatever I forgot to do none of the npc's were wearing any clothes haha! It'll be great when it's done. Skyblivion too!
  • Arobadope - January 17, 2014 2:13 p.m.

Ah modders....finishing Bethesda's work for free. Seriously, modders make the Elder Scrolls series what it is imo, these people are talented beyond reason.
  • db1331 - January 17, 2014 12:56 p.m.

No Frostfall? It's easily the best immersion mod, and integrates Wet and Cold.
  • hester2 - January 17, 2014 12:39 p.m.

One thing you might want to add is that for some of these, the Skyrim Script Extender is absolutely essential. I know SkyUI will bug out (at least older versions will) if you're opening the game without using the Script Extender.
  • JMarsella09 - January 17, 2014 11:41 a.m.

I love interesting NPCs. I think their better than most of those created by Bethesda.
  • JMarsella09 - January 17, 2014 11:42 a.m.

*they're*
  • db1331 - January 17, 2014 1:06 p.m.

The only Bethesda NPC more interesting than any in Interesting NPCs is Paarthurnax. It's a great mod. I will spend 3-5 minutes talking with an NPC from that mod. I can't stand 20 seconds of most vanilla NPCs.
  • SnakeinmyBoot - January 17, 2014 11:40 a.m.

Ah, mods the reason why I built a pc. I really do need to find some time and start over on Skyrim with at least the UI mods. The vanilla game looks beautiful, until you try to do anything in the menus. What were they smokin' when they got to the menus?
  • Doctalen - January 17, 2014 11:29 a.m.

Hey y'all added Wyrmstooth ^_^
  • GR_RyanTaljonick - January 17, 2014 11:29 a.m.

Thanks for the suggestion :D