• Evanesco - February 29, 2012 8:35 p.m.

Cooper, did you seriously just call that a revolver? Take a second look my man. Please. Maybe a third.
  • sigmanaughty - February 29, 2012 8:34 p.m.

If this rumor is not true i will cry just a little bit
  • DevonOO7 - February 29, 2012 8:21 p.m.

Until now I was bored by Assassins Creed after the second one.
  • Moondoggie1157 - February 29, 2012 7:52 p.m.

I guess I really should start this series... I haven't really been interested until this, but I'd feel like an ass if I skipped the first 2.
  • samsneeze - February 29, 2012 8 p.m.

You have to play the first four games not first two. It's going to be more than a bit of a chore. Assassin's Creed (Decent enough start) Assassin's Creed II (Vast improvements over the first best in series) Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (Added thieves guild recruiting, largely the same thing as before.) Assassin's Creed: Revelations (Added tower defense mini-game)
  • Moondoggie1157 - February 29, 2012 10:43 p.m.

Sooo... I can basically skip Brotherhood and Revelations then? I'm just interested in the main story, not any of the multiplayer or extra stuff. I know my little brother owns them so next time I go back home I'm just going to snag them... Definitely a bonus.
  • DLH570 - February 29, 2012 11:06 p.m.

You should definitely play through AC and ACII. For the most part, you could skip Brotherhood and Revelations, and still have a decent idea of what's going on if you just YouTube the ending cutscenes. Those were the only parts that really related to the main character in the present time, Desmond. Brotherhood and Revelations mostly just fleshed out the story of his ancestor, Ezio. But I would still recommend at least a quick run through the main missions of both. They're both pretty fun, and I found myself pretty interesting in learning more about Ezio.
  • Jamahl - February 29, 2012 7:47 p.m.

Yeah, because that giant american flag in the background really screams "Canada"
  • brainster123 - February 29, 2012 7:31 p.m.

northern North America=Canada, Assassin's Creed 3 might take place in Canada, yayyyy!!!!! :D
  • DevonOO7 - February 29, 2012 8:22 p.m.

No, no it won't.
  • TheZigMan - February 29, 2012 8:44 p.m.

Even as a Canadian I think you are an idiot brainster
  • Jamahl - February 29, 2012 7:29 p.m.

Ummm, guys? Just because Desmond's still going to use the animus, doesn't mean he's not going to do anything else... They've always said that AC3 would be the last one, and they haven't ever broken that promise. They've made sure not to number the titles that are not the final one. Desmond's story is going to finish in this one, for sure. Anyone who's read an interview about AC3 in the last few years should know this. They've not kept the fact that there will always be an animus ancestor a secret. As for the brand, since there's all of history to choose from, there's no doubt they'll be picking up a new story without Desmond. There's so many places to go!
  • TheMariner - February 29, 2012 7:22 p.m.

Revolutionary War? Bow? Tomahawk? Flintlock pistol? Sweet army inspired assassin robes? If this is real, I am completely stoked for AC3!
  • Redeater - February 29, 2012 7:09 p.m.

Great.....3 more games where we don't play as Desmond. I can't wait to experience the whole combined half hour of Desmond plot. I'm sorry if this sounds bitter but I used to love AC and it seems like they are really padding out the once fast paced story.
  • christianhibbard - February 29, 2012 6:58 p.m.

I don't think this is real, the same image popped up a while back and it turned out to just be some art from a strategy guide or something, something one of the devs had done just as an idea. Hoping I'm not right though, this seems really cool.
  • NightAce84 - February 29, 2012 6:56 p.m.

I could have sworn this would finally be the AC where you play as a 100% trained Desmond in modern day, stopping Abstergo corporation. Guess not. What is weird is that I have been telling myself that if it isn't that, I'd be disappointed. Instead, right now, I'm extremely giddy. This could be really, really good.
  • DLH570 - February 29, 2012 11:15 p.m.

I certainly hope this image is real. An AC game during the American Revolution has great potential. I'd love to see Ubisoft recreate colonial Boston.
  • IceBlueKirby - March 1, 2012 1:02 a.m.

My thoughts exactly. I've been hoping for an AC game that takes place in modern day (or rather the series' modern day) but now I'm stoked that it might take place during the Revolution. I hope this is true, because it would certainly have the potential to shake up the series, or at least offer a nice change of pace, location-wise.
  • SonicX_89 - February 29, 2012 6:54 p.m.

Well I'm sold (if its true of course).
  • obviouslyadouche - February 29, 2012 6:53 p.m.

I thought it would be either revolution, civil war or ww1 for the next ac an it seems i guessed right