• thombilous - November 19, 2013 6:29 p.m.

I used to walk to school every day with my friend David. He was a hardcore Nintendo Fan, and then went the way of the Xbox 360. I was a hardcore Sega kid, and then went the way of the Playstation. This used to make for some colourful arguments on the way to and from school. Sometimes they would get so bad we wouldn't speak to each other at all on the walks. To make it even worse, he had a PC, and we always had Macs. He was pretty relentless about that. The only thing we could agree on was that Half Life was incredible, and we totally didn't study for our GCSEs (final exams in England) to play it.
  • Ervenchris - November 19, 2013 7:33 a.m.

Im a console gamer so i spend all my time defnding the games(uncharted,infamous,GTA5,and so on) to my friends who are strictly online gamers(path of exile,world of tanks,WOW).So they always trash the console games while i sayboth types are awesome. Thats usually when the shoving usually starts :)
  • Testikills - November 19, 2013 3:20 a.m.

I constantly defended the Sega Dreamcast to all of my gaming friends. Im not sure if that counts as a fanboy argument though...as I was clearly right. And I dont really miss them that much anyway. (Side note, Ive played more local multiplayer in Power Stone 2 then in any other game that didnt end in "Street fighter 2"
  • SpadesSlick - November 19, 2013 12:41 a.m.

I had one friend when I was growing up that was on the wrong side of the classic digimon vs pokemon debate. I have no fucking clue how you can like shitty digimon better but I digress. One day he invited me over to watch tv, and had digimon playing on the screen. I got annoyed and asked him to change it repeatedly because I didn't like it and we got in a fight. I did not talk to him for weeks after. Of course sweet lady time sure proved me right over the ages. I sure hope he enjoys replaying the ps1 digimon game for the rest of his sad life while I get a new generation to enjoy every 4-5 years.
  • EAC73 - November 18, 2013 5:59 p.m.

I wasn't really a fanboy, but more of just being optimistic and defending the Wii U. I understood that Nintendo had terrible marketing and wasn't clear what the Wii U was, but for anyone who is somewhat interested in games should of known it was a new console. I was just annoyed by anyone who would just blurt out what everyone else was like, "Is it like a new Wii or something new."
  • rainn'sgaydar - November 18, 2013 5:26 p.m.

I was wholly committed to Nintendo as my friends migrated to PlayStation. So when my friends would laugh about how the PS1 had better graphics, I would argue that no one cared about graphics. Who cares about graphics? Nintendo has Mario and Zelda. Zelda is a much better RPG than FFVII. Mario is so much better than Crash and Spyro. (At least I had something right.) And look at how many more buttons the N64 controller has. It's not even close. Nintendo is just better.
  • Ironarm - November 18, 2013 12:20 p.m.

My favorite television show ever created is LOST. I'm a huge fan. I thought he final episode was one of television's finest moments. The ending was absolutely perfect for me. Now I know a lot of people hated it, and I accept that. Everyone is allowed to have their own opinion. However, there was this once time when a friend of mine declared that the ending sucked due to "It all being a dream." The gloves came off at that point. I explained for a solid thirty minutes how he was absolutely wrong and I even had evidence to back me up. I quoted parts of the episode (from memory) that negated his statement. After all was said and done he still claimed that it sucked, but at least I explained it to him. To this day whenever someone mentions dream endings and tries to bring up LOST I just shut them down. Even if all they do is say they didn't like it I'll usually chime in and tell them the reasons that I liked it in a very civil manner.
  • shawksta - November 18, 2013 11:08 a.m.

This was an amazing podcast, so many jokes and 10/10 moments right from beginning to the end. Im with Ryan, i first saw Parrapa on a demo disk, funny story actually, on my birthday my dad apparently got a PS2 game from some bozo, the box itself was apparently The Matrix video game, but inside was a Playsation Demo disk. I loved it honestly, it had all these demoes of games and when you do good in some of them, you get a password that unlocks ANOTHER demo it was neat. All in all, awesome podcast, poor Tom cant get a break. Also a question, i know you guys are focusing more on the PS4 launch and now with the Xbone Launch on the Podcast specials but im wondering how your gonna be able to highlight the 2 Major Nintendo games coming alongside them, Link Between World's review just happened last week and Super Mario 3D World is definitley gonna be a big horse compared to the launch titles with it coming in these days, it would be a shame to not be able to mention them in all the next gen launch ruckus. As for QOTW: I have gotten into quite a lot actually.For the most part, most of the arguments i get into is because of my knack(heh) for being optimistic, especially for games i see great potential in, for better or for worse of whether it delivers or not. On Topic however, back in high school, i was watching a fanboy fight in my class about which is Microsofts better series, Halo or Gears of War, both these knuckle heads were argueing back and forth over gameplay, multiplayer, graphics, single player and such and then they suddenly turn into me asking me what i perfer and im just reluctant to join and just said in a normal tone "I personally perfer Fable" only to have them both decide to join forces and call fable a piece of british poppycock with no reasoning. Its hilarious thinking about it now.
  • F4G1TR0N - November 18, 2013 6:08 a.m.

Story Time! Back in my first apartment I lived with a guy who loved his Xbox 360. We would play together on it and had a pretty fun time. The argument started one day when I said the PS2 one the console generation. It started of casual, me saying that the PS2 did win due to the amount of units purchased, but he would not have that. Saying that he had an Xbox so it must have won. I could not understand the argument and told him, okay I see that you and your friends have an Xbox, and while it was very popular, can't we agree on the fact that the Ps2 sold more numbers? He looked at me and told me that he did not think that was right. This is the same guy who thinks that his SD TV looks better than my HD tv. I am no longer speaking to this guy.
  • jars - November 17, 2013 11:38 p.m.

ever since the PS4's reveal a friend of mine, who I happen to like very much, is making me kind of hate talking to him because he does a terrible job of disguising his Xbox fanaticism. this morning he was trying to convince me that I made a mistake by buying a PS3 instead of a 360, using arguments such as "all modern games are essentially up-resed versions of PS1 and N64 games, the only difference in this console generation is multiplayer. which xbox does better, therefore xbox is the superior system". I didn't paraphrase that, his words. all I can do I placate his fantasies until he shuts down the hate wagon for the day. I would love to rattle off a hundred facts about how the consoles stack up to each other, from a long time classically trained GamesRadar perspective, but he's not hearing it. is it not acceptable that I play games because I'm interested in the story? do we have to speak about the medium in terms that serve no more than to equate one of our defining hobbies to glorified shooting galleries? I'm doing my best to keep my loud mouth out of the console wars, but some people need to learn to accept that we all play games to experience very different forms of satisfaction. I'll buy a PS4 when Infamous comes out. playstation has the exclusives I want, and that's nothing worth fighting over. South Park nailed how ridiculous this brand loyalty is getting. I'm 29 goddamn it, we're too old for this shit.
  • n00b - November 16, 2013 7:34 p.m.

I once got into an argument over which is better Spider man 3 or The Amazing Spider man. lasted 45 minutes. Of course we all know Spider Man 3 is better right. Right?????
  • TCMU287 - November 16, 2013 8:33 p.m.

Surely the Amazing Spider Man isn't THAT bad, right? I haven't seen it, but really? Worse than 3? I find that hard to believe.
  • codystovall - November 16, 2013 9:52 p.m.

amazing isnt bad, just bland, repetitive and odd in places.
  • StrayGator - November 17, 2013 3:22 a.m.

one fluctuates wildly, the other is consistently meh, neither is worth arguing about imo.
  • shawksta - November 17, 2013 4:33 p.m.

Are you comparing games or movies? Movie wise, they were both okay, 3 is better, game wise, their equally flawed but neat.
  • TCMU287 - November 16, 2013 4:10 p.m.

I guess the only time I'm really a fanboy is when it comes to BF vs. COD. I need to respond to this travesty of a Call of Duty review. You guys seriously sound like you need to praise the game or you'll lose ad revenue. which is fine, cause we all need to make money somehow, but you don't need to be so obvious about it. Lorenzo kept stuttering until he could figure out something good to say about the game, and barely choked out something about it having "good controls." If the best thing you can say about a game is that it has good controls, that's not a good game. It's a control scheme that truly good games should steal. And then Tom saying that crap about how COD has always been at the forefront of graphics! You couldn't have said something more factually innacurate than if you said Infinity Ward invented the FPS. The game looks like something made in 2008, because it was!
  • dangomushi - November 16, 2013 9:58 a.m.

I was a cog in the age old war over Aladdin. My prince of thieves always did what Nintendidn't. But, I have to come clean, guys. I never even played the SNES version. I was just being biased and rude and a general dickhead, hiding behind a shield of high definition graphics and blast-processing.
  • g1rldraco7 - November 16, 2013 8:40 a.m.

Thanks guys I had to download it from Itunes since the button to listen to it. I remember in 2011 when GameSpot's Tom McShea gave Skyward Sword a 7.5. I remember replying angry comments to those fools who agreed with his review. That was a dark side of me no one should ever see and thank goodnes I am getting an Xbox1
  • BladedFalcon - November 16, 2013 8:04 a.m.

Wow, this episode really was clusterfuck, but a fun kind of clusterfuck XD Definitely one of the most fun episodes so far. And well, I get into fanboy arguments all the time, mostly because I tend to prod people with obviously out of left field arguments and just flat out lies backing their statements. Such as someone here in GR going as far as to tell me that the Wii U had obviously much better graphics and textures than even what the PS4 and Xbone would have... And this was about 3 weeks ago so the consoles weren't even close to launch. Of course I also have had my share of fanboy moments, like being so quick to attack and call the 3DS a crap system back in 2011, and how everything about it was a mistake... And yet adopting one mid 2012 and loving the heck out of it by now, and sunk almost over 200 hours into Pokemon Y alone... Which goes to show that ultimately, no matter how crappy the system itself might seem, a good lineup of games is ultimately what matters, and is what made me shut my trap about bashing the 3DS.