• Cyberninja - March 31, 2011 11:04 p.m.

heres my take on this he went to prison got released, went back to NFL i firmly support him for the cover of madden 12 i based on how well he plays american football not what kind of person he is. are humans incapable of forgiveness when they have done wrong themselves?
  • bron1417 - March 31, 2011 11:28 p.m.

this is about Vick being on the cover of a Madden game. not about anything else. regardless of how you may feel. some of you disgust me but i'm not here for that. Vick had an amazing year this year and personally i'm glad he's back and got his 2nd chance. he served his time and he's been allowed back. Vick does deserve to get to be in the running for the cover. some of you want the guy to rot in hell...really?
  • Blue2 - March 31, 2011 11:32 p.m.

PETA or Vick?...Wait...Why am I asking this question? F*** PETA. What Vick did was wrong but PETA is much worse and anything PETA hates, I love. Honestly if Vick is in the cover, I will buy it even though I don't play any sports games.
  • Eliath - March 31, 2011 11:43 p.m.

@IveGotTheGlow This world is not black and white. There are shades of grey. What Vick did is pretty darn close to black though. Torturing animals for your own entertainment is sick. I can forgive him, but he still makes me sick. The argument that all people do something wrong on occasion so we shouldn't judge others is stupid. Downloading music or movies illegally is nothing compared to torturing or murdering another living animal. I have a few comments related to the article. 1) I hate PETA. PETA causes more problems than they solve. A good portion of PETA members are superficial and just want to feel good about having a cause to back. Hunters, farmers, fishermen all have more respect and care for the environment than your average PETA member (poachers and illegal for profit fishermen are not hunters or fishermen they are criminals). 2) I hate Vick. The man is sick. I was disappointed he was allowed back into the NFL, but I hate American football anyway. 3) EA should put someone else on the cover. They should also have a "petaphile" cheat to unlock a scrawny little twig of a player that gets injured in one tackle akin to what Team Meat did for Super Meatboy.
  • TheWebSwinger - April 1, 2011 12:03 a.m.

Fuck Michael Vick...a lot of dogs murdered each other brutally at his behest. You can't "repay" that debt to society. The people condoning his actions or saying PETA is in the wrong are putting the power of fame over human decency
  • JayQ - April 1, 2011 12:17 a.m.

@TheWebSwinger well said and to everyone saying he served his time and deserves a second chance....how? He served "part" of his time and that was in a minimum security resort for celebrities. He was running dog fights WHILE he was playing in the NFL getting paid millions of dollars, what that tells me is he was fighting dog's for pure enjoyment and should rot in hell.
  • Spacegrass - April 1, 2011 12:44 a.m.

PETA are a bunch of crazy douchebags, but in this case the crazy douchebags happen to be right. Michael Vick did not "serve his time"; punishments for animal abusers are extremely light to begin with, and Vick got off easier than most because he's rich. Some crimes are understandable, but I have no sympathy for someone who tortured animals for fun. We should bring back gladiator fights, and force people who run dogfights to compete. That's the only sport Vick should be involved with.
  • BaraChat - April 1, 2011 12:50 a.m.

Michael Vick is my favorite football player, has been for like a decade, even if I thought his whole dog-fighting thing was an extremely dumb idea and I was deeply disappointed. That being said, I don't know if putting him on the cover of Madden is a good idea. It might do as much harm (PETA, a lot of people still hating him, etc.) as good (redemption, coming back through adversity, etc.). Perhaps it would be "safer" to put a popular Packer on the cover, like Matthews or Rodgers.
  • HankVenture - April 1, 2011 1 a.m.

The writer should have included what Vick did, because I play games I don't keep up with world events especially not sporting events.
  • dionnysus - April 1, 2011 1:01 a.m.

what a waste of time. isn't there more useful agendas PETA should do for furthering animals rights? his penance is finished. getting Vick out of Madden won't at all erase his crimes from our minds anymore than taking Hitler out of the history books.
  • Ultimadrago - April 1, 2011 1:34 a.m.

All I hear is "Wah-Wah" So I say, the man has done his time and has apologized along with deciding to work harder on the field than he used to. (Remember how lax pre-prison Vick was?). What more should he do? Do laps around your gaming collection? Put him on the Madden cover.
  • superkeijikun - April 1, 2011 1:38 a.m.

While I don't care much for Vick for what he did, the fact that PETA wants him off of the cover just makes me want to see him on the cover, if for no other reason than to spite them.
  • Redeater - April 1, 2011 1:43 a.m.

PLEASE put Vick on the cover!! Then after enough people complain it may eventually lead to football being handed back to SEGA. If you ask me you people are crazy to spend $60 on updated rosters. SEGA had it bang on with $20 before EA bought out the license. Aside from that fuck Vick. If you are making millions a year and the only thing you can think of to do with that money is fight dogs..........
  • kingdom - April 1, 2011 2:28 a.m.

Hate me if you will but from everything I have read the man finally sat back and evaluated his life when all this happened. He fucked up and got involved with a bunch of nasty shit but he has come back and truly seems to want to get better and is trying to help others do the same*. That is what prison is for, to rehabilitate the person to re-enter society. It doesn't always work but people who do take it seriously and work to better themselves generally deserve their second chance. *http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1183564/index.htm - TLDR - He travels with a group that goes to prison's and encourages guys who have ended up involved with the wrong crowds to keep their head up and work towards becoming better and starting over and being a better citizen.
  • HereComesTheHypeTrainCHOOCHOO - April 1, 2011 3 a.m.

This sounds like EA courting controversy again just like they said they intentionally do 2 weeks ago. For all we know there were no PETA letters sent to EA and they made the whole thing up but if Gamesradar don't make even a token effort to get a comment from PETA who is to know? And that is what EA has been doing lately. They know the gaming press doesn't do a damn thing to follow up claims they make, no matter how ridiculous, all the press does is parrot what they are given by their publisher PR overlords. First there are paid EA-planted protestors for Dante's Inferno at Comic-Con, then EA makes "complaints" to Fox News regarding Bulletstorm just before it ships because they know that Fox will give them free publicity and gaming sites will do what they do best and help raise the game's awareness even higher without EA having to pay for advertising. Now we have some unverified PETA complaints being raised by an EA mouthpiece. PETA is no stranger to publicity. If they were approached for a comment you can be sure that they would give one if they had indeed ever sent any letters. All it would take to verify it would be one simple email but I suppose the gaming journalists don't have even that much time to spare, what with all the top ten lists to make up all the time. This story has EA's fingerprints all over it and the gaming media are too dense to realize that they might be being played for fools yet again. Or even worse they know they are being played and don't give a damn about it.
  • xDxP - April 1, 2011 3:27 a.m.

Forgiving terrible human beings because they're famous is the USA way. Go Uhmerikuh!
  • LTS - April 1, 2011 5:20 a.m.

Vick shouldn't be allowed on the cover. Not because of anything he did, but because he was on Madden NFL 2004, and to put him on the cover of the current madden would not only lower the legacy of the greatest football game of all time, but Vick himself
  • SirNinja - April 1, 2011 8:22 a.m.

While we're at it, can we ban PETA?
  • Anjaneya - April 1, 2011 8:40 a.m.

They obviously can't stop him going on the cover, but its a shame that so many of these top athletes are scum in their real lives. Plus you've got to be pretty sick to be involved in dog-fighting. Its tough to say he deserves what he gets now that he's served his time - can anyone really deserve millions a year when people are starving?
  • IveGotTheGlow - April 1, 2011 10:03 a.m.

@Eliath I completely understand that there are shades of gray in the world, but my point is that people seem to want this man to go to every door in America and grovel for forgiveness. My question to everyone here is what does it take to be forgiven in your mind? He is millions of dollars in debt, his brand/career are tarnished, and he served time in jail. What more does it take? Side note: As most of us are carnivores, how many animals are we indirectly responsible for the murder of? I understand the circumstances are completely different, but we're still responsible for the death of a living being.