• TheWebSwinger - April 1, 2011 12:03 a.m.

Fuck Michael Vick...a lot of dogs murdered each other brutally at his behest. You can't "repay" that debt to society. The people condoning his actions or saying PETA is in the wrong are putting the power of fame over human decency
  • Eliath - March 31, 2011 11:43 p.m.

@IveGotTheGlow This world is not black and white. There are shades of grey. What Vick did is pretty darn close to black though. Torturing animals for your own entertainment is sick. I can forgive him, but he still makes me sick. The argument that all people do something wrong on occasion so we shouldn't judge others is stupid. Downloading music or movies illegally is nothing compared to torturing or murdering another living animal. I have a few comments related to the article. 1) I hate PETA. PETA causes more problems than they solve. A good portion of PETA members are superficial and just want to feel good about having a cause to back. Hunters, farmers, fishermen all have more respect and care for the environment than your average PETA member (poachers and illegal for profit fishermen are not hunters or fishermen they are criminals). 2) I hate Vick. The man is sick. I was disappointed he was allowed back into the NFL, but I hate American football anyway. 3) EA should put someone else on the cover. They should also have a "petaphile" cheat to unlock a scrawny little twig of a player that gets injured in one tackle akin to what Team Meat did for Super Meatboy.
  • Blue2 - March 31, 2011 11:32 p.m.

PETA or Vick?...Wait...Why am I asking this question? F*** PETA. What Vick did was wrong but PETA is much worse and anything PETA hates, I love. Honestly if Vick is in the cover, I will buy it even though I don't play any sports games.
  • bron1417 - March 31, 2011 11:28 p.m.

this is about Vick being on the cover of a Madden game. not about anything else. regardless of how you may feel. some of you disgust me but i'm not here for that. Vick had an amazing year this year and personally i'm glad he's back and got his 2nd chance. he served his time and he's been allowed back. Vick does deserve to get to be in the running for the cover. some of you want the guy to rot in hell...really?
  • Cyberninja - March 31, 2011 11:04 p.m.

heres my take on this he went to prison got released, went back to NFL i firmly support him for the cover of madden 12 i based on how well he plays american football not what kind of person he is. are humans incapable of forgiveness when they have done wrong themselves?
  • CoryM1134 - March 31, 2011 10:47 p.m.

This is a football game, not an animal rights game. If he's the best and most well known of the current football world, whatever. He should probably be on the cover. That being said, I think he's a shitty human. I think Tiger Woods can bone as many chicks as he wants and it should remain the business of his and his family only. Vick is on another level. There's a difference between being a bastard and being evil. And I think PETA have done enough over the years to firmly cement themselves in batshitland.
  • IveGotTheGlow - March 31, 2011 10:35 p.m.

Some of you are hypocrites! You act as if you've never done shitty things in your life that you've been forgiven for. Vick did a horrible thing, but he has served the punishment for his crime. If you think two years in prison is a walk in the park, then you are ten times the man I am, because I couldn't do it. Also, from what half of you have written it seems as if you want this man to suffer for the entirety of his remaining life. How is that justice?
  • FauxFurry - March 31, 2011 10:17 p.m.

How is this a pressing issue for PETA? Now, I could see if it were a move to ban Michael Vick from appearing on the cover of Nintendogs or Pokemon, but a Madden game? They don't even use pigskin for the balls anymore, not that such a thing would matter in a videogame as it is all made of pixels and polygons, anyway. Brutality has its place within football. Everyone getting tossed around and plowed into didn't just volunteer, there are tons of guys competing for a spot on even the lowest ranked teams at all times. It's also why they get paid the big bucks.Most importantly, that's why kids love it!
  • xDxP - March 31, 2011 9:53 p.m.

Happy medium, just put his mugshot on the cover.
  • Amnesiac - March 31, 2011 9:53 p.m.

Stick him on the cover and let him face the Madden Curse (again).
  • Pocotron - March 31, 2011 9:45 p.m.

For PETA, putting Vick on the cover could be better for them than removing him. I mean come on! Madden NFL curse anybody?
  • FVDub - March 31, 2011 9:42 p.m.

Why does Vick matter when Aaron Rodgers is going to win the voting anyways? Thousands jumped on his bandwagon when the Packers won the Superbowl.
  • JayQ - March 31, 2011 9:41 p.m.

I'm with PETA, Vick shouldn't even be allowed to play in the NFL but since he does, he shouldn't be allowed to be MVP, be in the Hall of Fame, on the cover of Madden or any other prestigious rewards. Being a convicted felon is not role model material.
  • wackdogg - March 31, 2011 9:38 p.m.

Wait, EA turns yellow when confronted with the Medal of Honor "enemy forces" issue, then backs someone who cruelly slaughtered dogs IN REAL LIFE? This would be like EA putting the Taliban on the cover, glamorizing how adept they are at mountainous warfare. Of course I would like to believe that Vick has changed, but barring any concrete proof (and who can really know besides Vick), he doesn't deserve to be the pitchman for Madden, THE flagship NFL game, and the ONLY one to bear the NFL license on consoles. This really doesn't seem to be in the NFL's best interest either. EA can put Vick in the game, give him the ratings they feel are accurate, but if they put him on the cover, they've lost my money across all genres period. What he did was beyond reprehensible, and although he has paid his legally-prescribed debt to society, that does not entitle him to accolades nor to being lionized, especially in the eyes of impressionable youngsters.
  • EwoksTasteLikeChicken - March 31, 2011 9:16 p.m.

Vick needs to get covered in raw meat, and then locked in a room with a bunch of hungry german shepards and pit bulls. I'd laugh so hard! I agree with PETA though, the guy shouldn't be on the cover.
  • 435 - March 31, 2011 9:13 p.m.

One of the very, very, VERY few times that I'm actually on board with PETA. EA should recognize that, if Vick manages to get on the cover, they will lose sales. A lot of sales. Certainly mine. (also, lol recaptcha: Terrier vickyo)
  • therawski - March 31, 2011 9:12 p.m.

PETA kills.
  • Fady2Hotty - March 31, 2011 8:57 p.m.

im ganna be voting for Vick just to piss PETA off.
  • outlawtorn72 - March 31, 2011 8:56 p.m.

Oh, PETA. Always trustworthy as a source of annoyance. Look, I don't condone what Vick did at all. But he was caught, served his time with no problems, and repaid his debt to society. If you don't think he did, then take it up with the legal system; they obviously felt his sentence was sufficient. So he absolutely deserved his second chance and I for one am thrilled that he's doing as well as he is. I wouldn't mind one bit if he won the tourney and got the cover spot.
  • db1331 - March 31, 2011 8:54 p.m.

He was extremely overrated when he was with the Falcons. He did have some amazing games last season though, when he started to actually play like a QB should. That being said... Anyone who thinks we all need to forgive and forget because he "paid his debt to society" is a damn idiot. If you are capable of doing the things he did, there is something wrong with you that no amount of time sitting in a little cage will fix. The man picked up dogs and slammed them on the ground repeatedly until they died. He held their heads underwater while they struggled to get free, and didn't let go until the bubbles stopped. He has fucking problems. This strikes me as odd coming from PETA though. Didn't they champion Vick as being fully reformed and even turn him into a spokesman against animal abuse? If you need any further confirmation about the kind of class act Vick is, he was a no-show at a dinner being held in his honor last week by some organization that was fucking stupid enough to want to honor him as a hero. I would have loved to have been a fly on that wall.