• GhostNappa2k10 - February 29, 2012 9:54 a.m.

Nintendo are far too panicky over content in games. I mean, as the article states, they allow Driver and Resident Evil, but not The Binding of Isaac, a game ten times better than either of those? Bullcrap. Complete, and utter, bullcrap. This is why I will not ever support Nintendo.
  • BrunDeign - February 29, 2012 10:10 a.m.

You people realize that Nintendo has a reputation to protect right? A reputation as a "Family Friendly" company? They can't publish everything that comes their way. That's why places like the Xbox Live Indie Marketplace is clogged with garbage. Also, if you haven't purchased it for steam first you would purchase it there before you would on the 3DS and it'd probably be cheaper so I don't know why you people are complaining. Also the writer of this article kind of hurts his argument while being offensive (to me) at the same time. How are sacrificial babies NOT worse than flesh eating zombies? Zombie's don't exist while child murder is a real thing and it's incredibly offensive of you to make light of that fact. I mean come on now think about what you write.
  • SparkleDevon - February 29, 2012 12:45 p.m.

Well said. What really bothers me is that there are Parental Controls and such, and the fact is, is that if someone is offended by a particular game, it is highly unlikely that that person will all together abandon the system or company just for allowing or publishing it; they probably will just not buy the game or give it a second thought. So, seeing as it's the consumer's choice to purchase it or not, I don't understand why Nintendo took this stance. They have a lot of questionable games if you were to be particularly strict, as was mentioned, so it seems odd that they wouldn't allow this, especially since they have a functioning Parental Control system. Ehh. I really was looking forward to being able to play this outside of my house, but I guess I won't now. Shame.
  • BrunDeign - February 29, 2012 12:50 p.m.

The wording of your article may need to be changed then, as it is worded somewhat poorly in that regard. Calling Nintendo hypocritical for allowing a game with zombies (clearly fictional) and not allowing a game revolving around child murder (clearly not fictional) certainly doesn't read that well and if you look too far into it (as I apparently have) it doesn't really paint the most positive light. Also don't start out your sentence with "fun fact." In the context of your reply it sounds really condescending, as though you expect me to be an idiot that does not know anything about common mythology. And spell check dammit! You threw me off with that "assumption" line by putting "your" instead "you've."
  • BrunDeign - February 29, 2012 1:24 p.m.

Oh, and don't take this on me being terribly angry. I've realized from the beginning that it's just a case of poor wording and maybe too much reading something in a way that it's not actually being presented. I have no problem with you Mr. Bradford. By the way how's Sam? LOL FOOTBALL JOKE. I wonder how often people spring that on you...
  • CancerMan - February 29, 2012 6:29 p.m.

Jesus Christ, you sound like a 40 year old house wife.
  • shawksta - February 29, 2012 4:07 p.m.

Whoa there cowboy, calling an indie game "ten times better" than a game like Resident Evil is pushing it too far, yes its dissapointing and stupid but you dont have to overexaggerate.