• ZidaneAlcor - January 31, 2012 1:08 a.m.

I don't mean to butt in, but, I think it's kind of charming. A sort of thong-in-cheek joke. After the "Ivy's Boobs" fiasco, and the Voldo retaliation, I can't see this as anything more than Namco poking fun at itself. Or, that's what I'm taking it as, so I can continue to like Namco and not want to erase them with space-lasers. I'm sorry about all the butt cracks... I couldn't stop myself...
  • PolarBearsInHeat - January 31, 2012 1:41 p.m.

+9001
  • Errrrbo - January 30, 2012 11:21 p.m.

It's a butt. Get over it, and stop trying to make anything sexual into something that's supposed to be offensive.
  • Fuzunga - January 30, 2012 8:55 p.m.

That's quite the ASSvertisement.
  • ThatGuyFromTV - January 30, 2012 6:36 p.m.

For chrissake. If this was anyone, ANYONE but Ivy, I would be much more okay with this.
  • Roofipl - January 30, 2012 3:37 p.m.

Hah, love the Add, id love to see it hanging on a wall in gamestation in the UK (not happening) -.-
  • ThisIsMyFuckingThirdAccount - January 30, 2012 2:34 p.m.

Damn, that turd cutter looks like it would just snap your dick off if you pissed it off.
  • therawski - January 30, 2012 2:18 p.m.

I was expecting Dead or Alive, follow suit I guess.
  • TheInvincibleDragon - January 30, 2012 2:11 p.m.

I like it, and the Voldo bit is classic. I'm all for it. But make the "butt" in question is flat as a tabletop. I've been a fan for a LONG time, since Soul Blade. Count me as one of the people buying this.
  • FauxFurry - January 30, 2012 2:06 p.m.

Well, at least this time Namco isn't selling Soul Calibur 5 like a moderately more modest gender-flipped version of a Romance Novel cover. This time, it's practically a gender-flipped version of some physical comedy packed magazine(or "Ass-the movie" from Idiocracy). That leads me to believe that they don't want this game to be taken seriously in the least.
  • Moondoggie1157 - January 30, 2012 2:11 p.m.

Agree, fully and completely.
  • ObliqueZombie - January 30, 2012 1:52 p.m.

:I Okay. I... yeah, okay.
  • Moondoggie1157 - January 30, 2012 1:44 p.m.

These ads are getting kinda old... Then again, I can't say no to T and A.
  • marioman50 - January 30, 2012 1:41 p.m.

dat flat ass
  • Redeater - January 30, 2012 1:37 p.m.

............godamnit. It's shocking that Enslaved (something so adult themed and well written) came from the same company who also produces this ass and titty fest.
  • 510BrotherPanda - January 30, 2012 2:11 p.m.

Technically, Enslaved was made by Ninja Theory, who are usually more story-heavy...
  • Redeater - January 30, 2012 2:37 p.m.

I know that is why I said produced. It still just seems weird though. Like Stephen Spielberg producing a Hostel movie. (Actually that would be pretty damned great!)
  • MyCoolWhiteLies - January 30, 2012 3:27 p.m.

I don't think Ninja Theory had anything to do with this. They're an American company working on the new DMC game. This game was made by Project Soul, part of Namco. Maybe you're getting this series mixed up with DOA, which was made by Team Ninja, then getting Team Ninja confused with Ninja Theory?
  • BladedFalcon - January 30, 2012 12:48 p.m.

Now to balance it off, they HAVE to release a close up of Voldo's ass, it's only fair.
  • ObliqueZombie - January 30, 2012 1:52 p.m.

Yeah man, as long as they balance it out, I'm all for it. Finger's crossed for some gnarly and repulsive sex scenes. :X