Topics

color

• taokaka - March 8, 2013 5:05 p.m.

They've already been said before but I'll emphasize it, where are journey, flower, braid and trine. Also your reasoning for not including more downloadable games is ridiculous, a game is visually striking if it's visually striking regardless of what platform it launches on. Other examples of visually stunning games I can think of are gravity rush, outland, blazblue, eternal sonata, folklore, malicious, rayman origins, shadows of the damned and bioshock.
  • 7-D - March 9, 2013 11:41 a.m.

(Journey). I wasn't gonna say it.... ;) Rayman is a joy too. It's crazy that i'm playing games now that look even better than the cartoons I grew up watching as a kid.
  • masterjoe123 - March 8, 2013 4:57 p.m.

What about Skyward Sword?
  • Arobadope - March 8, 2013 4:41 p.m.

Uncharted, Enslaved, and Bulletstorm I am kind of iffy on as to whether they deserve to be there. I am shocked Kameo didn't make it on here, everyone forgets that game but it was really good imo.
  • Jahbu - March 8, 2013 4:02 p.m.

WTF!?!?!?! WHERE IS NI NO KUNI???????
  • Blastoise - March 8, 2013 5:26 p.m.

I agree! Definitely one of the best looking games ever
  • CosmicEschaton - March 8, 2013 3:45 p.m.

A lot of 'mainstream and pretty' games on here and in the suggestions, but still some great additions. I would personally have added the likes of Limbo, Journey, Machinarium, Dear Esther...
  • lmaocarrots - March 8, 2013 3:56 p.m.

I would've sworn Journey would just be a given on a list like this, you know, being the most artistically beautiful game ever made and all.
  • dcobs123 - March 10, 2013 3:44 p.m.

El Shaddai is pretty niche.
  • talleyXIV - March 8, 2013 3:32 p.m.

LittleBigPlanet
  • Dadyo238 - March 8, 2013 3:22 p.m.

Great list, but I gotta say one thing: WHERE THE HELL IS JUST CAUSE 2!! This game is eye-meltingly beautiful, especially on max settings over three screens (the best way to play games. Seriously, try it, it's fuggin amazing) like I play. From the varied locations(mountains, desert, city, forest) to the HUGE world, it's no wonder the Avalanche engine took forever to make.
  • Tjwoods18 - March 8, 2013 3:08 p.m.

Really? Battlefield 3 (Visually) was the most striking game of the generation, and you put Mirrors edge up instead?
  • talleyXIV - March 8, 2013 3:34 p.m.

Battlefield 3's graphics are not that good, Bad Company 2 is better looking. It is hard to enjoy visuals when the lens flare is ludicrous. The game is good looking but it almost has too much polish.
  • SirNinja - March 8, 2013 4:01 p.m.

Battlefield 3 *would* be, if they hadn't ruined it by putting a steel-blue color filter over everything. Before: http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h58/serbusfish/nosun.jpg After: http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h58/serbusfish/sunbloomcolourgrade.jpg
  • JMarsella09 - March 8, 2013 2:59 p.m.

I rather enjoyed Mirror's Edge.
  • shawksta - March 8, 2013 2:46 p.m.

Nice list, but your point doesnt seem to match the article name, especially when some games feel odd in it and there are still a ton of games. There are some games with neat Visuals, especially like Kirby's Epic Yarn. Viva Pinata was definitely great but i perfer Banjo-Kazooie Nuts and Bolts look, maybe because i spent more time on that game than i did Viva Pinata.
  • usmovers_02 - March 8, 2013 2:42 p.m.

No Trine? No Bioshock? No Limbo or Braid?
  • pl4y4h - March 8, 2013 3:36 p.m.

Limbo? Black, white and grey are visually striking?
  • bass88 - March 9, 2013 3:49 a.m.

Well, yeah. Visually striking doesn't mean bursting with colour. It means the imagery is capable of having a strong impact with the viewer.
  • usmovers_02 - March 11, 2013 9:52 a.m.

I'm not a fan of Limbo but like bass88 said: Being visually striking doesn't require bright colors. Limbos art is a major part of the game. I'm willing to bet quite a bit people would like the game substantially less if they went for a more realistic art style.