• Ravenbom - October 15, 2008 2:32 a.m.

Great article. Great list. What about Oregon Trail as an honorable mention? I'd say it's one of the first mature games. I mean, you actually had to play this at school, it's that serious. You have a family that you have to care for, who you had to name, which undoubtedly made you, as a kid, give your own family/friend names to your digital pioneers. Then you had to see them drop off one by one, like flies, in one of the most humiliating ways possible: dysentery, or peeing fire out of your butt until you die of dehydration. I never quite understood the whole dying from getting the runs. I mean, all I was eating was food that I had shot, squirrels and rabbits and such, it's not like the Oregon Trail was full of Mexican restaurants.
  • Urock - October 15, 2008 1:34 a.m.

I've been playing Fallout recently and I think that could go on the honorable mention list. What do you think?
  • skyguy343 - October 15, 2008 12:28 a.m.

Shadow of the Colossus had a great story
  • SpongeJerk - October 15, 2008 12:23 a.m.

No Halo 1.
  • TheSuburbiaRuins - October 15, 2008 12:08 a.m.

I believe The Darkness would have been a very good candidate, But good article charlie
  • Ban - October 14, 2008 11:57 p.m.

I salute you mister Barrat on this article keep up the good job
  • Elbo444 - October 14, 2008 11:20 p.m.

i agree with Tasty_Pasta, Max Payne had a very mature story, and I'm surprised Gabriel Knight didn't make the cut (not because of its maturity, but because of the author), and also I think you should have put a spoiler warning at least somewhere in there, you gave away one of Bioshock's biggest twists
  • AcidDice - October 14, 2008 11:07 p.m.

I belive Assassin's Creed should have been mentioned.
  • flare149 - October 14, 2008 11:03 p.m.

Good article. I def would have put the Darkness in there somewhere though, it was so powerful
  • Tasty_Pasta - October 14, 2008 10:50 p.m.

I say Max Payne shoulda been on the list. That game had a deep story. But I'm glad to see GTA IV made the list, because of the story and not the killing and prostitution.
  • tacolord - October 14, 2008 10:41 p.m.

wow. thats all i can say. youve touched me gamesradar. time to hug my cat.
  • BoondockSaint54 - October 14, 2008 10:40 p.m.

I liked this one. A good break from the funny, mindless articles. Good job as always, guys.
  • Wizrai - October 14, 2008 10:09 p.m.

Now we need a new rating: MM Maturely Mature. And why is it that people gets so excited for first comment? I mean most of the times they don't even watch/read things.
  • XscorpionX - October 14, 2008 9:50 p.m.

an M game i would have to say is COD:WAW i have been playing the beta and its pretty M rated.Arms and legs fly off and you can see the bone.Its way worse then Cod 4
  • Kaz993 - July 10, 2009 5:54 a.m.

I have No Mouth and I Must Scream is possibly one of the most psychologically chilling experience. The story makes me cry to think about. It is one of the most terrible, horrible things ever conceived, as much as it is a work of art and definitely a representation of maturity. It scares the f***ing hell out of me is what I'm saying.
  • r3ap3r - July 9, 2009 2:49 a.m.

id agree with all the games here and id probably also add fallout 3 and maybe far cry 2.
  • okinaru666 - July 9, 2009 1:46 a.m.

AMBER sounds epic
  • LieutenantCipher - June 18, 2009 5:10 a.m.

I agree with GoConduit, AC is actually pretty mature, and then Prototype is also mature even if you cut out the standard "gore policy", the conspiracy factor really plays into it as well as some other things portrayed as mature
  • 88Meters - April 20, 2009 11:13 p.m.

Braid is fucking confusing. The darkness shoulda made it in, too. Because it was f'ing crazy.
  • UsernameAlreadyInUse - April 1, 2009 2:19 a.m.

HF2 needs to be on this list. Its about capitalism gone horribly wrong. You are trying to help research aliens WHO ARE A THREAT!!! while getting attacked by them by your government. Also, you get tasered by getting within like 10 ft of a cop, which isn't a very good government.