• underwood - October 18, 2008 8:04 p.m.

You should do a article "games that should not be Mature"
  • MikeManly - October 18, 2008 2 a.m.

this all very true Bioshock and Mass Effect PWN all
  • GreenShark - October 17, 2008 7:40 p.m.

BIIIIIIIIIIG difference from other articles I have read here. I think Marathon: Dundral should have been on here. Anywho... great job.
  • AGPacman - October 17, 2008 6:39 p.m.

Great article, i am always trying to find games with deeper more mature storytelling and this is the exact sort of thing I mean. In the almost list you mention soul reaver but really it needs to be viewed as part of a whole. It i the whole series of legacy of Kain games that explore a whole range of mature topics.
  • rabbi_burns - October 17, 2008 3:57 p.m.

I would have put Grim Fandango in there somewhere, for exploring a really wide range of themes and issues, and also being an exceptionally well-told story.
  • metalslamm - October 17, 2008 1:20 a.m.

Great article. It really shows that games can actually send a serious message, and aren't just all about run n' gun action.
  • nai1210 - October 16, 2008 9:08 a.m.

one of the best articles so far good work
  • shadowsoldier89 - October 16, 2008 8:05 a.m.

I see tactics but i definately thing Final Fantasy VII needs mentioned as well, its themes are the reason its one of my favorite games Cloning, corporate control above government, human experimenting, environmental destruction FFVII had so many parallels to real world issues
  • Defguru7777 - October 16, 2008 1:42 a.m.

I have about four levels of maturity according to this article. GTA IV, God of War, Braid, and BioShock.
  • bron1417 - October 15, 2008 8:38 p.m.

yo i agree with this article 100%.
  • T0M95 - October 15, 2008 8:13 p.m.

cod4 shoulbe on there. the last scene where you lose all your friends, the first time i watched it i shouted GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZ! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! then i started crying. (anyone think price should have been killed in gazs place?)
  • oryandymackie - October 15, 2008 3:22 p.m.

Uh oh, I own Mass Effect and BioShock and I'm only 13.
  • lexquirox - October 15, 2008 1:58 p.m.

i like it so much ,
  • averagejoe - October 15, 2008 1:42 p.m.

Agreed, AKK. Whole volumes have been written trying to wrap people's head around the religious and political issues in Killer7. Oh, and the story of little Suzie? Not for the kids.
  • AKK - October 15, 2008 10:59 a.m.

Where is Killer7? Seriously, games don't get much mature than that mind-fuck.
  • SunKing - October 15, 2008 10:20 a.m.

Thanks for the spoiler warning before the Bioshock entry guys :(
  • Samael - October 15, 2008 5:08 a.m.

Wow. Easily one of my new fav articles. I'm with skyguy343, Shadow of the Colossus deserves a mention as it was one of the first games to make me cry. That's right! I said CRY! And I ain't ashamed. Yay Soul Reaver got an honorable mention! Always happy when Legacy of Kain gets noticed.
  • SandroTheMaster - October 15, 2008 2:36 a.m.

How could you forget Alpha Centaury? At first glance it looks exactly like just "civilization in the future", and then you make a few researches, finishes a couple of Secret Projects, suddenly... you notice the game is hiding a much deeper purpose. Each Secret Project has extremely deep philosophical discussion allied with wildly symbolical cinematics.
  • Cynwyddon - October 15, 2008 2:30 a.m.

Yeah, Mass Effect really got my thinking. I can't imagine seeing the game as anything more that a third person shooter when I was 12.
  • SpecialtyDrone - October 15, 2008 2:30 a.m.

Glad to see some Planescape love on GamesRadar. Bring it up on TalkRaider.