• R_U_Guys_From_British - May 1, 2010 1:41 a.m.

Mining in ME2 was more cumbersome on the xbox 360 due to the slow-ass pase the planet cursor moved when using the analogue stick but the whole process is a lot quicker with the pc version and mouse. Great article.
  • Cyberninja - May 1, 2010 12:54 a.m.

what about level grinding in non-mmos except disgaea
  • Cyberninja - May 1, 2010 12:53 a.m.

what about level grinding in non-mmos except disgaea
  • Ninja-KiLLR - April 30, 2010 11:19 p.m.

@n00b I think that the GTA 4 controls are just god awful. they never feel right no matter what control scheme is being used
  • gamedingo - April 30, 2010 11:15 p.m.

The main thing that bugs me about GTA 4, is that it seems like Rockstar took out some of the details that were good(imo) in San Andreas. I liked being able to customize the main character, it adds realism, customize cars some, why not? I mean yeah, I can do without stats in GTA, but I still liked the customization they allowed. Also, fake buildings piss me off so much! Rockstar should have added more buildings that you can actually explore, than just cookie cutter skins thrown all over.
  • mubobi7593 - April 30, 2010 10:08 p.m.

@lovinmyps3 Sure, but that just encourages devs to continue to put out great games, with a few rubbish bits they know we'll overlook. Also, Mining? FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-
  • lovinmyps3 - April 30, 2010 9:18 p.m.

It's good we can look past these and still enjoy the game.
  • Conman93 - April 30, 2010 9:01 p.m.

What about the gummi ship in Kingdom Hearts 1. Boring as Fuck!!!
  • ClusterShart - April 30, 2010 8:43 p.m.

You guy didn't add the obvious visible Snake not being seen by the guards because of the vision triangle.
  • n00b - April 30, 2010 8:10 p.m.

also the horrible controls in gta, they fixed some in 4 but introduced new ones with a badly implemented cover system
  • TomMishkin - April 30, 2010 8:09 p.m.

The hacking minigame in BioShock, BioShock is the best game ever forever or something, plus you could avoid hacking stuff if you wished to, but still. Early on it was almost fun, but towards the end of the game, when you were running out of ammos and money and desperately needed to hack that freaking machine, and you only got stop blocks or whatever the hell you want to call them, well... made me throw the joypad away* more than once. *almost
  • PhantomDave - April 30, 2010 8:05 p.m.

NinjaWalrusMeow - "Am I the only one who didn't hate ME2 mining?" Whoa...that was you? LOL
  • yonderTheGreat - April 30, 2010 7:52 p.m.

"current gen technology should fix this in future iterations" - Or simply not believing the BS that GT is the "most realistic" racing game out there and start playing games like Forza which fixed that glaring bug, you know, *LAST GEN*...
  • db1331 - April 30, 2010 7:34 p.m.

How about rubber band AI in racing games? Nothing like dropping a fake item block right in Yoshi's face and then having him almost pass you up at the finish line 8 seconds later.
  • Patius - April 30, 2010 7:32 p.m.

Thank Jenovah that Bioware said they know about the Mining game.
  • dariustsarev - April 30, 2010 7 p.m.

oh come on, the mining sequences in ME2 didn't even take that long.... and on the next playthrough you get full resources at the start just sayin'
  • sleepy92ismypsn - April 30, 2010 6:55 p.m.

oh yea i beat almost every gta overlooking that flaw not that it didnt piss me off but in your gta4 examples you dont have to go back you get a text and click it to restart. theres alot of ps3 exclusives in this. Killzone 2: same in cod4 online i love knfe kills although on elite difficulty in killzone 2 the knife isnt as good. i got stuck a few times but barely made it half way through my elite playthrough before giving up for good. its that hard. Guitar Hero: id rather play the wrong instrument than play nothing at all. also Rock Band FTW! Heavy Rain: in my 3 playthroughs madison always got the name from the killers mom. when that heavy rain plot holes artcle came out i hadnt played heavy rain yet so ill read that next. Resistance 2: i never noticed i dont need no stinking AI anyway. i loved the guns in Resistance 1,2 and retribution, i hope the "pause time to choose between all your guns you cant possibly be carrying at once" feature from 1 and retribution makes it into resistance 3.
  • Crabhand - April 30, 2010 6:44 p.m.

On the note of Mass Effect 2 mining, the completely negative feedback Bioware is getting from it pretty much ensures that they will come up with something better for ME3. @NinjaWalrusMeow- I wouldn't say most people hate it, but it is pretty much the worst part of the game. It can take hours to get the resources necessary, but otherwise it does accomplish it's goal of changing the upgrade system. I expect Bioware will come up with a more fun way to change it up in ME3.
  • NinjaWalrusMeow - April 30, 2010 6:41 p.m.

Am I the only one who didn't hate ME2 mining?
  • Fiirestorm21 - April 30, 2010 6:38 p.m.

The only one on here that really bothered me was GTA. Always hated how many fundamentals Rockstar forgot to nail in the PS2 iterations in their pursuit of the larger world. I haven't tried the fourth game yet because I'm still apprehensive of whether or not they've fixed it yet. And it's not just the checkpoint stuff, either, though that's a big one, yeah. Gran Turismo and Heavy Rain's mentioned issues never bothered me but I get why you wouldn't like them. Oh, and the line at the end of the Guitar Hero one is blasphemy -- We all know Tom Morello is god at unique guitar sounds :)