• Spybreak8 - December 12, 2010 8:02 p.m.

We all knew it was coming but we all needed a change in pants after that trailer lol. I think I know that individual in the clock tower based on the books of the Mass Effect universe I read. Awesome sauce.
  • bron1417 - December 12, 2010 6:05 p.m.

YES! i cannot wait for this!!
  • Ironarm - December 12, 2010 4:58 p.m.

OH MY GOD! Remember when the first trailers for ME2 were released? The ones where it showed the Geth and Shepard was KIA? I love the first trailers for new Mass Effect games.
  • soren7550 - December 12, 2010 4:52 p.m.

I was cheering so loud once the trailer was over. This one trailer made sitting through the Spike VGAs worth it.
  • ponyoyo - December 12, 2010 3:46 p.m.

:D Soo excited! I can't believe its coming out so fast after ME2, I thought I'd have to wait until 2012. Clearly, I was wrong.
  • Markstone - December 12, 2010 3:33 p.m.

Oh so long a wait :(
  • NightCrawler_358 - December 12, 2010 2:40 p.m.

Awesome!! I'm definitely buying 2 and 3 for PS3. too bad ME1 isn't coming to PS3, that would make all my desicions in each game more epic than the last! I love all the reveals at VGA! The jokes... not so much. Also, i lol'd when Sam Worthington was nominated for best voice. hehehe.
  • RicePuddingUK - December 12, 2010 2:25 p.m.

That guy doing the voiceover is either Sean Bean or the guy who narrates the British Army Recruitment adverts on TV. Glad Ol'Blighty is in the best Sci-Fi RPG ever!
  • gilgamesh310 - December 12, 2010 2:17 p.m.

@legory, If you install the first disk on the harddrive of your 360 which I assume is what you played it on, you should be able to play the whole game on it regardless of whether it's scratched or not.
  • thejanitor44 - December 12, 2010 2:11 p.m.

On noes earth''s under assault from the repUAhs
  • KuwaSanjuro - December 12, 2010 1:41 p.m.

I think a January 2012 release would be most expected but this is gonna be awesome.
  • MassSaber - December 12, 2010 1:36 p.m.

Play the 1st Mass Effect again fusionmix and u'll learn that Reapers are slow and methodical they took centuries to wipe out the protheons after all. secondly it seems that the Reapers want humanity out of the way before the big galaxy wide extermination begins, and thirdly reapers want tech and organic material why would they glass Earth?
  • SiftHead - December 12, 2010 1:32 p.m.

@briangodfather Nothing. You'll still play as Shapard, but you won't be able to import your dead Shep save from ME2.
  • luke1608 - December 12, 2010 1:27 p.m.

Completed the second one like 5 times, can't wait for this!
  • philipshaw - December 12, 2010 1:24 p.m.

This looks awesome and I haven't even played Mass Effect 2 yet
  • NatDaGamer - December 12, 2010 1:19 p.m.

i LOVE this trailer! not least because it's set in my hometown of london!!!!!!! it would be awesome if we got to play in london!!!
  • Fusionmix - December 12, 2010 1:08 p.m.

The issue with this is that if it weren't ME3, we would all look at this trailer and go, "Wow, what a generic, gray, boring shooter." The lack of art direction and the cliched dialogue worries me. Two million in one day? Seven million in a whole week? The Reapers are a force of absolute power and terror. Them already attacking just sucks the suspense out of it, especially at that slow rate. Hate to draw comparison to Halo, but I personally was oping the Reaper assault would be rather like the Covenant's planet-glassing, except without leaving the world a puddle of boiling plasma. Just fast, hard, and utterly destructive. Who at this point really cares about Earth in a video game? If all Reaper assaults are this cripplingly slow...meh. I'm not impressed, at all. If Bioware's made it 'darker and grittier' just in order to pander to the legions of GoW fans who played ME2, I'm going to be more than just 'not impressed.' ReCaptcha: YOU Knothrag! (That sounds insulting. Take that, Bioware!)
  • Zepaw - December 12, 2010 1:02 p.m.

There are a handful of ways to deal with it. I rather doubt they will let that even be an option, but they would have to either ignore that choice or make some story crazier than him being resurected in the beginning of ME2. I figure they will let most of your choices carry over to ME3, but the ones for Shepard's life and will be decided for you. I doubt they will make a second character that can take over as the main character.
  • briangodfather - December 12, 2010 12:12 p.m.

This is going to brilliant but what happens if (((((((((*SPOILER*)))))))))))))) What happens if Shepard died in ME2?
  • Phillo - December 12, 2010 11:53 a.m.

yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss was hoping that new screenshot was from Mass Effect 3, and to think that its not actually that far away from release is amazing. Add that to how so many reapers are attacking London... wow