Topics

Mass Effect 3

• Viron - June 26, 2012 7:20 p.m.

Big surprise people still aren't happy. And what is with people (the 2 I read before going "wat") getting mad over the new ending? Why would the united galaxy stand a chance against a force that is equal too or greater than theirs, is vastly better armed and is a hivemind with communication speed as fast as or faster than light? Of course they lose. They lose 9 times out of 10 with the tenth being the one where the multiverse shatters and 1000 dragonborn fus ro dah the shit out of the reapers. The ending weren't bad before, no one liked them because they didn't like them. Get over yourselves.
  • ZukotaIsoba - June 26, 2012 8:25 p.m.

Geth can communicate just as fast as the Reapers, the turians, humans, and asari have broken down and re-purposed Reaper weaponry, and krogan and rachni have incredible combat ability on the ground: the alliance also has mercenaries equipped with all sorts of illegal and powerful weapons, former cerberus agents also equipped with lethal experimental technology and any number of other war assets that could tip the balance in your favor. The loses would be tremendous, and likely it would take decades to get everything back to normal, but we stand a better chance than what most people give us credit for. People have reasons for not liking things, in this case, the ending(s) that we got were far below the standards of the rest of the game. Why rage I'm sure that people would have been mad if Frodo and Sam had died just before reaching their goal, or if Harry had failed to defeat Voldemort. I'm pretty sure that it would piss people off if the excuse was something like Sauron was an ancient being beyond their comprehension and his evil plan included guards at the door of Mount Doom or a solid gate moveable only by trolls; or that Voldemort didn't have his curse backfire and kept another powerful wand just in case he couldn't master the Elder Wand, then used that to take down Harry. This is not the first, nor the last, case of people being at odds with how a creator finished his/her/their work, it happened when Sherlock Holmes was killed, people complained and he miraculously came back to life as well as many other cases. Supply and demand is what it comes down to; if enough people demand a change then it is usually supplied. I'm sure that if you go to a restaurant and the chef cooks your meal improperly that you complain and/or send it back to get it redone properly. So, please, get off your high horse and realize that this is just a part of the process.
  • zombi3grim - June 26, 2012 9:39 p.m.

I think the reason people got pissed at the endings was because the series ended. I mean, you HAVE to have a conclusion and its just never going to measure up to how the rest of the game was. I was fine with the original endings, because the entire game was the ending to me. I tied up all my loose ends during the story. The choices I made in the first two games came to a close, not at the ending of mass effect 3, but during it. So, do I REALLY need to see what happens to each of my squadmates after the credits roll? Not really. Thats the beauty of interpretation and imagination. You dont always have to have shit spelled out for you clearly. So now Bioware felt they had to go back and give these whiny bitches some sort of explanation for what happened with their squad at the end, and what a fuckin shock, people STILL arnt satisfied. I hope to god you people who still bitch DONT buy anymore Bioware games. Because your a drop in the pond and if you REALLY think their going to miss your money, theres thousands of other gamers who LIKED Mass Effect 3 and the endings who will still gladly buy their games. Bioware doesnt need people who constantly moan and cry that they didnt get the ending THEY wanted on a game they had no hand in fucking creating. Choice is an illusion in games. It ALWAYS will be. There are sets of pre determined paths game creators set for you that will always be there. Just different ways to reach them. So unless you got some programming skills or any sort of knowledge on how these games get developes (you dont) shut the fuck up.
  • ZukotaIsoba - June 27, 2012 9:11 p.m.

You assume (emphasis on the ASS) that I have absolutely no knowledge of coding or other forms of game development, personally I have rudimentary knowledge of both. I have, in fact, had an interest in taking courses for video game development for many years and have researched elements thereof. I'm not an expert by any stretch, but I do understand the concept of working insane hours to accomplish something by a deadline, and having the customer decide they didn't like an element of that work and having to change it FOR FREE. And yes, it sucks, but I do it because I want the opportunity to get work from them or those they know in the future. Obviously you have never played an Elder Scrolls game, especially the older titles, because there was a great deal of freedom and choice in them. If you want to get down to it, choice is just as much an illusion in many parts of our lives; we have a set path based on heritage, convictions, and the environment in which we live. To close another point you made, if you get enough drops in the pond you get a flood, ask Florida. Also, you confuse something having an open ending and having loose ends.
  • zombi3grim - June 27, 2012 9:25 p.m.

You have no knowledge of programming. And if by chance you do, and you ARE trying to get in good with other game developers, you should know most of them thought Bioware SHOULDNT change the ending, because it compromises developer integrity. I play Elder Scrolls. I own Oblivion and Skyrim. Theres "freedom and choice" but at the same time, its an illusion. Those choices always lead to a predetermined outcome that isnt random. Unlike real life, where one small tiny choice can change things in ways you couldnt even comprehend. Not to mention, the elder scrolls games dont have the type of contained story that the Mass Effect universe has. Like I said, the people who bitch about Mass Effects ending are the minority. Bioware decided to change the ending because they felt it was their core fanbase that was bitching and decided to do something nice for them. Which apparently STILL isnt enough for some people. But believe me, a company that has enough talent and history like Bioware, the poor sad souls crying online are tiny TINY drops that in no WAY even begin to make a small dent in the sales of their games. Your naive and extremly out of touch with reality if you think otherwise, especially if you want to get into the game business. I live in Florida BTW. And yes, my area got flooded extremly badly, and we're still getting pounded from Debbie. So yes, you can ask me as I know alll about flooding. As for your last sentence, thats still my point. The Mass Effect series is huge. Theres so many details in it that there WILL be loose ends. Look at Lost. That show was amazing to alot of people. And yet how many of them hated the ending because it didnt explain things in a good way. No one will ever be fully satisfied with the conclusion to anything, whether its Mass Effect or another game franchise that will happen. Its inevitable.
  • ZukotaIsoba - June 28, 2012 4:44 p.m.

Untrue, I read fiction, watch anime and American television and there have been quite a few cases where I have been fully satisfied with an ending; (Lord of the Rings, The Sword of Truth *books*, Buccano, Full Metal Alchemist *both*, A Series of Unfortunate Events, Chronicles of Narnia, etc.) all I care about is cohesion and quality, this ending lacked both completely at first and only gained a little with expansion. This ending, in my opinion is a cliche that several other games have already employed, the most recent, to my knowledge, was inFamous 2 which *spoilers* demanded a sacrifice of the main hero and several of his companions as well as all others with powers for the good option (the few to save the many) or the sacrifice of those lacking powers for your own life and those of your empowered allies and empowered bystanders, the only change being the good option(either synthesis or control because both are beneficial overall)involves you sacrificing yourself for the many, and the evil/selfish being that organics (you and most of your friends) survive without synthetics sacrificing many for yourself so that you can continue on in your life. The number of people on either side changed, but the dilemma was still the same: self-preservation vs. preservation of the most life.
  • zombi3grim - June 28, 2012 8:45 p.m.

Thank you. You proved my point. You still enjoyed the game. Otherwise, you wouldnt have payed that much attention to it to know all of that. So your still satisfied with series endings when the entire series still had plot holes and shit that was left largley unexplained. But when it comes to this, you dont. I dont have to tell you what a hypocrite is Im sure... Look, you do realize this is all your opinion. You do realize your opinion isnt everyones. Nor are you even close the majority. You think because you read online that people hated the original endings? Thats the MINORITY bitching! The rest of us loved it! Now, seriously, get the fuck over yourself, stop defending your OPINION like its the damn gospel and move the fuck on with your life.
  • ZukotaIsoba - June 28, 2012 9:57 p.m.

You are doing the exact same thing as me; defending your point(relying rather heavily on curse words and personal attacks I might add). How did I prove your point exactly? Again, the series that I like can be open ended, but they are NOT filled with plot holes. Plot holes are what happens when things lack logical explanation. I have already said that I enjoyed the rest of the game; in fact, I loved the lore and many gameplay elements. If I hate something I don't give two squirrels if it gets changed for the better. You tend to assume a lot of things, like that you are in the majority. I may or may not be in the majority, but I do still want my voice to be heard. Also, it is not just online that I hear that the endings were off, I have friends in real life who hate them just as much as, if not more than, I do. If we were merely a minority then why would Bioware, which you have already stated have more money than they know what to do with and have no need of ours, attempt to alter the endings in any way and then present them to us for free? You want me to shut up because I disagree with you, I welcome open discussion. I dislike the endings for particular reasons that I can list, yet you have yet to enumerate anything. I actually enjoy this sort of confrontation, but if it's sand in your you know what I can let you off by drawing this to a close.
  • zombi3grim - June 29, 2012 7:26 a.m.

Lmao. Let me off? What the fuck do you think this is, some kind of hardcore e-fight? Look, kid, the series that you stated that you love are also full of glaring plot holes. Just google it. My point is you still loved them and you still loved Mass Effect. Also, Im not assuming Im in the majority. Its statistical fact that the majority of a games audience do NOT post on the internet on gaming sites. Its a small minority of gamings hardcore fans. Im not defending shit. I simply made a statement. I think the people who bitch about the ending and who STILL bitch about the EXPANDED ending are entitled little brats who have no idea what it takes to build a game series like Mass Effect. Who spit in the creators faces because they cant get what they want. Boo fuckin hoo. As for WHY Bioware changed the ending, I already explained it and so did they. They felt like they had to please their HARDCORE fanbase, meaning the small amount of people who were very passionate about Bioware games. They stated this themselves. Now, you wanna talk about getting sand somewhere, how about you chill the fuck out and stop getting your panties in a bunch when I say what I think about people who cry about the endings of a fucking video game....
  • ZukotaIsoba - June 29, 2012 5:09 p.m.

You're the one treating it like a hardcore e-fight. As I said, this is fun for me, like sparring. I have actually laughed at several of your replies and, if I had wanted to, I could have gone down the path of the troll and turned you into a slobbering rage beast. Even now, with me just saying what I believe, rather than what I know would irk you, you've gotten aggressive. I understand that you like it when people fall in line with you because it makes you feel that you are superior, but if EA were a five star restaurant and Bioware was its head chef (with a good reputation, and who gave you excellent meals in the past) then you ordered a chicken salad (which they claimed would be better than all the others you had eaten before) for fifty dollars and all they gave you was half of a decent quality breast on iceberg lettuce, (all the others had chicken of equal quality, but progressively better greens and dressings) I'm pretty sure you'd make them fix it. Instead, what they did was throw more berg on and add a couple of cherry tomatoes, and that does not a better salad make. How old are you? I'm curious to see if you classifying me as a kid is justified, and, if so, why are you fighting with a kid? As I said, I have friends in REAL LIFE who say the same thing, and they have friends that play who say it, and so on. You are correct in the fact that only a portion of people post things on gaming sites, but this covers/covered game sites, social media sites, blogs and all manner of live discussions; that has to mean that the hardcore fan base is larger than what you think it is, or that there is a larger portion of people (of various grades of fandom) who weren't pleased with it than you realize. Those plot holes that you mentioned (but did not specifically name) are either difficult to find or were put up by people who didn't pay attention and corrected by the people who did. The only time where I may be able to agree with you about plot holes is in some anime, but you're usually lucky if the whole thing makes half a lick of sense (many seem to be drug trips put on television in my opinion) even more so if it manages to only have a couple of holes here and there. One of the big reasons the MASSIVE plot holes in Mass Effect bug me is because it is primarily a sci-fi rpg with fantasy elements added (the fantasy being sentient alien life, not magic and fairies, by the way.) The fact that they abandoned that and had an abc ending which employed magic space dust capable of altering the fabric of reality along with occurrences that were impossible, like a magically appearing Illusive Man and a supposedly nonexistent unlimited pistol (they were all decommissioned and retooled to take thermal clips to improve power during the two years Shep was dead) appearing for your use was more than enough to get my blood boiling. I thought these among many other discrepancies were pointing to indoctrination, but this expansion did not give any further hint towards that, it just elongated the Swiss cheese they called the ending. I think that may have been one of many plans that were thrown around but scrapped when EA decided to force a release ahead of schedule; they already said in their art book (which came with the collectors edition) that they were having difficulties deciding what to do with the ending and especially the Illusive Man. Maybe they plan to release content that reveals indoctrination was the culprit the whole time, if/when they do, I will pick that up (I would even gladly pay for the logical conclusion at this point.)
  • zombi3grim - June 29, 2012 6:34 p.m.

Lets take your reply paragraph by paragraph, k? 1. How in all the fuck that is holy are you able to tell Im aggressive when I am using no adjectives. Believe me, and I fucking swear on every childs life on this planet, NOTHING you can post online to me will ever get me "raged" or really anything more then a chuckle and a reply. Period. 2. You CANNOT compare FOOD, which is MADE to order, which is you telling the chef exactly what you want and how you want it to an entertainment medium like games or movies. It is in no way similar AT ALL. Movies and games are an art form. Its the CREATORS VISION. Now, if you want to go and make your food analogy correct, you would say "Okay, Chef, make me what you think is the best food you ever made." And when he comes back after hours of grueling work over a hot stove you spit it in his face and say it wasnt good enough. 3. Im 25 years old. I have two kids of my own and a wife. Ive been around. I know how the world works. I know how businesses work and how entertainment mediums work. No, the core fanbase is always smaller then the general fanbase and it always will be. Thats why its called CORE. 4. The plot holes are everywhere! Even in the endings! Im not going to go google shit for you, its right there for you to look at. If you scrutinize it hard enough you'll find it. Same thing with Mass Effect. You have to be REALLY fucking paying attention to notice the shit you did. 5. And that is close minded bullshit. For you to sit there and think about the ending as something that happens right before the credits is juvenile and borderline fucking retarded. The entire GAME was the conclusion! Just about every plot line the series established was solved DURING the game. They HAD to tie the shit up somehow! Otherwise you'll wind up with a 2 hour long ending explaining what some nondescript NPC did with Shepards ex girlfriend. Who gives a fuck! 6. They were having difficulties ending it because they knew no matter what they did it wouldnt equal up to the amazing game they created. People DIDNT want it to end, period. In the end, its THEIR game. THEIR story. Not yours. No matter how many "choices" you made, you were playing an interactive adventure of what the writers chose to put there. And it ended on THEIR terms. Dont like it? Go fuckin cry somewhere else. They STILL try to appease you and you spit in their face. You dont deserve shit. Your not entitled to shit. You buy a game, you get what you buy. Period. They dont have an obligation to give you shit other then what they already made. Get the fuck over it.
  • ZukotaIsoba - June 29, 2012 8:29 p.m.

1. Your language is aggressive, offensive, and in many ways primitive. That is how I determined you were. You may not realize it yourself, but your diction reveals your emotions. 2. It is apparent that I need to clarify, Bioware provides a service, like a chef (In many cases, a chef goes to culinary art school and is considered by most to be an artist) they both have the intent to turn a profit and rely upon the customers and their happiness to do so, negative criticisms from core customers is poison to sales. You order what is on the menu, not what you want (try to order Chinese food from an Italian restaurant, or ask an authentic French chef to alter what he/she considers to be perfect)A chicken salad is cooked in one way and one way only, chicken is potentially lethal if undercooked. I said that you ordered a chicken salad, so let's assume that the menu said, "chef's chicken salad," and the description was, "a salad beyond your wildest dreams, better than any of the other chef's choice salads you've had before!" and you received what I described in my last reply, that would upset you, correct? Hopefully not enough to do something as vile as spit in the chef's face, but probably enough to make you give him a stern talking to. 3. You only have four more years under your belt than I do, and yes you have a wife and two kids, congratulations, but that doesn't make you the god of the known universe or the wise man on the hill, you have no idea who I am or what I have or have not experienced. If a series is good enough the line between the core fan and the average fan blurs, I think this series more than matches up to that criteria. 4. I didn't have to scrutinize very hard for the holes in Mass Effect 3's ending. You don't have to pay that much attention, just have a memory longer than that of your average goldfish. I sometimes see plot holes in other works and yes, they do bug me, but in many cases they have been over and done with for years or come from a country which I lack access to the pertinent forums. 5. Once again, you get offensive, there is no need for that in proper argument. I did pay attention, and the largest conflicts were resolved as well as most of the minor ones, but that doesn't mean that the closing moments are any less important than the rest of the game. There were huge issues with the closing moments of the game, which can either be chalked up to weak writing skills and lack of attentiveness on Bioware's staff (which I consider nearly impossible) OR that they were/are planning on doing something else with the end. To make the problem with the closing moments more apparent, it would be like space marines or jedi coming to save the day at the end of the Lord of the Rings; it makes no sense. 6. You were just saying that the whole thing was the ending but in this paragraph and other replies you treated the closing moments as the ending, so that means that either you aren't sure what an ending is, or you're so desperate to be right that on one hand you say the whole thing was the ending and that I was a fool for not seeing that and on the other, the end is the closing moments and that no one would be happy with that no matter how hard Bioware tried.I (and pretty much everyone else who wanted the ending/closing minutes changed)said the majority of the game was good (that means what you said about people hating it because it was ending is wrong.) They were having difficulties because they wanted it to be the biggest and best ending of all time, they were trying to avoid cliche, dropping an idea which had the Illusive Man becoming a Reaperized monster because it had been done before and wanting to do a more cerebral and climactic conflict with him. Bioware said in conferences that this game was, in many ways, just as much ours as it was theirs, they claimed to be listening to our input and that they would have dozens of endings that reflected our choices, that it wouldn't come down to a,b or c (or in the expanded case d) here you go. We were heavily involved and connected with this universe. The level of interaction in game was way beyond any experience you could get in the realm of film or even most literature. That sort of attachment demands greater respect to the fans, we respected and trusted Bioware to create a game that reflected their promises, but they damaged that trust and disrespected us by breaking the majority of the promises they made. If Bioware were headed by Peter Molyneux then we could understand the huge promises with the lack of actual return on most of it, but it's not.
  • zombi3grim - June 29, 2012 9:22 p.m.

Okay, look kid, Im not debating this with you anymore. Your going in circles. You keep repeating yourself. Point is, its all opinion. Period. You didnt like the ending of the game. It didnt make sense to you. Fine. Others LIKED it. And it made perfect sense to them. Most developers and games journalists LIKED the ending. Most of the rabid, frothing at the mouth "hardcore fans" didnt. I think Im siding with people who actually make games and critic games for a living, rather then the average spoiled 15 year old. Do everyone a favor, stop acting like your opinion is fact. Its not. The game delivered, otherwise you wouldnt give a fuck. No promises were broken. Sure, there was minor shit left unexplained, but they gave you FREE DLC to help explain it. That seemed to satisfy alot of the original people who didnt like the ending. But not you. You still have a stick up your ass. What the fuck more do you want? The new endings MAKE SENSE. Fuck dude, the original ones made sense. If you didnt get it, thats your problem. Stop overthinking shit and just take it for what it is! Just one question that can actually clear all this up. What country are you from?
  • ZukotaIsoba - June 29, 2012 11:09 p.m.

Again with the kid stuff, there is less than half a decade between our ages, you are just as much a kid as I am if not more so with your attitude. If cursing people out is debating then I must be out of touch. You have been circling the entire time, I figured you didn't understand, so I tried different ways of explaining, maybe I did come full circle a couple of times but, that was because you wouldn't get the lint out of your ears till I drilled it into your skull. I have already said this was my opinion, my feelings on the matter (not fact), you don't listen to anything do you? They didn't explain magic space dust or how Shepard survived the citadel explosion in the destroy option, and they left quite a few other holes here and there as well. Yes some stuff was covered in the expanded endings and that was enough to appease moderate fans, but the core, and those that gravitate towards it are still restless. The originals and even the extended cuts don't make sense. Control is the only one that makes even half sense; I can see how Shepard's mind could be digitized and turned into a reaper command code, but miraculously turning organics part synthetic and, even more improbably, turning synthetics part organic with an energy wave, or a hyper intelligen computer building a device that you have to shoot (not a switch or a lever or even a console to activate)in order to release a signal to destroy the reapers that also has the magic power of hunting down and destroying all synthetic lifeforms (despite them being different technology and receiving data in different ways, having different programming and other vast differences) and not other pieces of technology is insane. I don't know how this made sense to anyone with a love of science and science fiction, because science fiction usually relies on some basis of fact, not magic space dust and wishes. As for where I live, if you are along the pan handle, go north, cross the state border and BANG you're in my current state of residence (Georgia just so you know), before that I lived in North Carolina the place where I was born and spent the first five years of my life.
  • zombi3grim - June 30, 2012 8:09 a.m.

I call you a kid because thats what you are to me. I dont give a fuck if your one year younger. I joined the USMC when I was 17 years old. I had my first kid when I was 21 and also got married at 21. I have my own place and am currently in college for surgical tech. I have YEARS of experience on you. You say your 4 years younger then me. That would put you at 21. What are you doing right now at 21? You know where I was? In fucking Japan, stationed in the USMC. Okinawa to be exact. Ive seen shit that will make your head spin. So yeah, I cuss alot. Its a military thing. So I see the reason you dont like the ending was because it didnt go into why, it just happened. So you cant chalk it up to reaper tech being something we dont fully understand? The Reapers were THOUSANDS of years more advanced then anything in the galaxy. Who KNOWS what they can do and what their capable of. But you want their exact technology spelled out for you so it can make sense. You must hate the Star Wars series then, what with Jedi's and the Force and everything... It made sense because we accepted it as the ending. It concluded a great game. We dont need to understand every little intricate working of reaper tech to understand it can do amazing things.
  • zombi3grim - June 30, 2012 8:15 a.m.

Also, please dont sit there and try to act like your a part of a group of some hardcore superfans. I was very much into Mass Effect, I have all three. I know people who were way more into it then me, who read the books and have the games who think the ending is fine the way it is. Your not part of some super hardcore fanbase that cares more about the game then anyone else, and everyone just "doesnt get it." No, your a part of a very SMALL group of entitled whining bitches who are too stupid to understand the conclusion of a trilogy, who constantly contradict themselves with other series that have WAY more glaring plot holes then Mass Effect. Your part of THAT group. Dont get yourself confused with anything else. Now, I think theres a box of tissues over there.
  • ZukotaIsoba - June 30, 2012 8:56 p.m.

I'm from a military family, my father was AA, and my grandfather and uncles were marines; I thank you for your service to the country. I have hereditary medical conditions that make me incapable of serving, or I would. Experience in those areas yes, but there is no way to accurately measure experience overall. As for what I am doing at 21 years of age, I am currently learning carpentry (have been for almost two years now), and all manner of construction skills from my father who has been in the business for most of my life. He doesn't cuss half as much as you, by the way, and knows the term propriety (which he and his brothers learned from their father), so cussing like that is not a military thing, just a you thing. I love the original trilogy of Star Wars, the Force is explained as a supernatural ability, not science (until years later when George Lucas hit the crazy fan and decided the force is produced by microorganisms called midi-chlorians.) I can accept magic and, in most cases, magic and science crossing, if it is an intrinsic element of the story to begin with, or is hinted to have been in existence at some point in the universe, but in Mass Effect it's all science. You can get away with it just happened that way if magic is the culprit, magic is a way of ignoring all the rules and laws in our world and all things based off of it. There is no possible way that a broad spectrum energy wave can cause spontaneous generation of living tissue in a machine or change organic parts into mechanical ones, especially when it used Shepard as a template (Krogan, Quarian, Turian, Elcor and Volus, among countless others, do not have the same physiology or even genetic composition as humans. EDI has the same basic shape as a human, but Geth are shaped like Quarians, so it doesn't go off of physical form either.) I'm in the process of constructing a suit of N7 armor and a suit of Warden Commander armor, so I say that puts me squarely in the hardcore range. As for me thinking "everyone" doesn't get it, if I was the only person saying this, and nobody anywhere agreed with me, then I would likely be thinking that, but I'm not. So far, it's just you that doesn't get it. Perhaps you are too ignorant (not stupid) to understand the issues with the ending, and so it seems fine to you? I don't know how else to make things clear to you, maybe watch an indoctrination theory video? Some of them get nit-picky, but most of them cover things you see with basic observation skills. Did you watch/read any of the items (books, anime, manga, movies) I listed or are you just going off of the almighty google search? Hate to tell you, but most of those are inaccurate. It's like trusting wikipedia for accurate information.
  • zombi3grim - June 30, 2012 9:21 p.m.

Look, like I said before this is going in circles. Im not debating this with you. Im ending it. You keep repeating yourself. You love the game so much, obviously, but hate the ending. Fine. Its just me that doesnt get it? Did you miss the part where I said alot of game developers and critics liked the ending and thought it was fine? I didnt google that, that was posted here on this site. With videos. So Im ending this coversation. BTW, cursing IS a military thing, especially among Marines and sailors. Heard the term "cuss like a sailor"? Where do you think that comes from? I was around it every day for 4 fucking years. How dare you sit there and tell me it aint a military thing when you've never served. Dont bother replying. I wont read it. Im done explaining myself to you over and over again. You speak of ignorance and stupidity. The fucking answers to the questions you have about the ending are ALL over the internet. You just have to be willing to accept that Bioware didnt spell everything out for you. And your not.
  • ZukotaIsoba - June 26, 2012 6:02 p.m.

I just LOVE near identical slide-shows! I had, at first, been enraged by the regurgitation that they referred to as an ending; I wanted it trashed in its entirety. Later, I started getting more and more hopeful that the indoctrination theory was accurate, I even saw a few vids that made excellent arguments for the cause. Then we get the extended cut, and all they do is cut out a couple of copied moments in order to add more. The new refusal ending had potential, but turned into rubbish pretty quickly, they could have let us see just how much damage we could manage against the reapers with our readiness, but instead we get handed a big old bag of "you lose" with a pretty bow attached. I love everything else about the games, but I seldom appreciate being corn-holed "because f%*k you, that's why." I'm an artist, I understand the desire to do what you want, but in a market where profit is your goal, compromise or submitting are the only options. Bioware has damaged my faith in them, and I will not be purchasing any more dlc for ME3; as others have said, my experience with the game has reached its end. I no longer feel rage, or hope, just a mild bit of sorrow for what could have been, and even that will be gone in the next few months.
  • esteban-ramon - June 26, 2012 5:35 p.m.

well that was a partial disappointment. I liked the extended endings, not enough to praise them, but enough to pass the butter. The Refusal ending is what gets me. This was a gold mine for Bioware, this is where the Military rating could of come in and determine what happens. A too low score and you lose, high enough and you will win. And they completely ignored that. It was just like the indoctrination theory, they were handed something in their lap, and they stared at it and said 'what is it?'(I got a image of a group of bioware employees poking a box with the word 'Awesome ideas' with stick, grunting and looking confused while doing so). Still, these endings cleared up a lot and are much better than the crap from before. It was confusing and too unclear, like looking in a glass full of mud. Now it is just hazy dirty water. If this was about time tables, we could of waited for months for them to finish. I am not going to download the next dlc, i am already done with ME. If they wish to continue, that is up to them. But Bioware already got a lot of eyes on them for their next game. They have to top ME, but at the same time not make the same mistake they did with ME. a small group of people are going to trust them, but a majority of fans will hold them at arms length. I will now remain in the fanfiction sites that will continue the story with a much better endings.
  • Rambo 11 - June 26, 2012 5:02 p.m.

If joker and edi romance, and you choose the control ending, doesn't that mean joker is technically romancing shepard since he controls, or is, all synthetic beings?
  • yonderTheGreat - June 26, 2012 3:43 p.m.

Has anyone confirmed if they carry big things over? Has anyone seen the Rachni Queen? Has anyone seen Wrex when he's supposed to be dead? What happens if the Krogan Queen dies? Etc, etc... I want my decisions from 150 hours ago to alter the ENDING. And yeah, that's odd that they have my Shepard's name but they don't put it on the plaque. Definitely an improvement, but still many questions.
  • Person5 - June 26, 2012 3:06 p.m.

These endings are indeed a big improvement over the original endings, I wish they still weren't initiated in a God Room. I liked how choices in the game were given a bit of closure, and how they responded to most lingering questions from the originals. I wish they did something more with the destroy ending with the Shepard half breath, I wanted closure with that too. (I was one of the ones who hated the original endings btw, these aren't perfect, but they are indeed better) I also would have been ok with any of GR's endings, Joker would die from too much robot sex. Also I cannot express how happy I am all those people who believed the indoctrination theory are finally shut up, that was just plain stupid.
  • SentientSquidMachine - June 26, 2012 9:08 p.m.

Why was it stupid? I still think Shepard was indoctrinated. Control: Hey I know that other guy tried to control us and died but that totally wouldn't happen to you because you're special. Synthesis: Hey that would be awesome right? C'mon you need synthetics...you're synthetic too remember, so c'mon make everyone more controlabl-I mean equal (notice no one in those cutscenes celebrate when the Reapers leave like in the other endings). Destroy: Oh you don't want to do that. Edi will die you know....and um, it will destroy a lot of stuff...and that sucks....don't pick that. (and you get to live, body intacted) Or you can say go f*** yourself and then the nice guy act is dropped with that epic "so be it". You beat indoctrination, but the reality that you're fighting machines more badass then the ones from The Matrix sinks in and you die, like everyone else has for millions of years, becase you refused to play the Reaper's game. If you're a true fan, such an idea is anything but stupid.
  • FunkyDarkKnight - June 26, 2012 1:38 p.m.

All the extended endings are pretty much the same, even the new synthetic ending has the same climax. Though Joker + EDI? WHY?
  • BladedFalcon - June 26, 2012 2:06 p.m.

Yes and no. In general terms, they ARE similar in the sense that life goes on and civilizations recover. But at least it makes it more clear as to how that happens. There's no reapers or synthetics anymore to help rebuild in the Destroy ending. I mean, yes, they are not TERRIBLY different, but at least they no longer feel as recolors of each other.
  • R_U_Guys_From_British - June 26, 2012 12:11 p.m.

I was not too impressed with original endings but I didn't really mind them, the trilogy has been fantastic. These fleshed out endings now however, are great! I feel they silence every naysayer of the originals.