We Recommend

• alex-roy-bristol - April 4, 2013 6:36 p.m.

Silent Hill... And Sam Fisher. But seriously, they MADE you go with the new voices for SH3, and the new Heather wasn't NEARLY as good... :'r </3
  • TaserLime - April 4, 2013 6:32 p.m.

When it comes to character's who have had a voice change, Cole definitely comes to mind, but even more than Cole, Carmelita Fox from Sly Cooper comes up. Her voice actor in the first two games was great, then in the third game somebody else did the voice and it was super distracting whenever her character appeared in the game because the new voice actor was so different.
  • Smash_Bro - April 4, 2013 6:25 p.m.

I would have bet my NES that Sonic would have been on this list. That sparked some serious controversy, and I'm about to stoke the fire: I MUCH prefer Sonic's new voice (Jason Griffith) over his old one (Ryan Drummond). I was also hoping for the Alex Mercer voices to be mentioned. Barry Pepper (Prototype)'s voice was a little generic, but there was something to it that gave it a nice little differentiation. Darryl Kurylo (Prototype 2)'s voice is ridiculously different, but not in a bad way. He sounds a whole hell of a lot like Denis Leary, and it was weird to get used to, but I really like both voices.
  • kursedkey - April 4, 2013 7:23 p.m.

... Sonic's new voice is currently Roger Craig Smith, as of Sonic Colors. But I do get the point, and I do agree with you, I much prefer Griffith over Drummond, but both of them had their fair share of horrible line delivery.
  • Lemming - April 4, 2013 5:59 p.m.

Sarah Kerrigan voiced by Glynnis Talken-Campbell (StarCraft) Tricia Helfer (StarCraft II) I still wonder why they didn't recast Glynnis, especially since they got the original actors for Raynor and Mengsk and would've done Zeratul too if his voice actor didn't die.
  • haxxoromg - April 4, 2013 5:06 p.m.

no mention of splinter cell? i'm disappointed
  • vigilant - April 4, 2013 4:09 p.m.

Don't forget Ratchet! James Arnold Taylor is the Neo Cortex of heroes - the first actor was alright, but he was switched in two for the absolute better :)
  • Tyrande - April 4, 2013 4:07 p.m.

Garett from the Thief series (Stephen Russell) to the new garett in Thief IV (Romano Orzari). after waiting so long and seeing the teaser, the first thing to pop up in my head was "that's not Garett!" but the game still looks awesome, and i'm sure i'll get over it. i guess that it was the initial shock, because the voice changes a lot.
  • dan-may1408 - April 4, 2013 3:58 p.m.

Jackie Estacado and Jenny Romano from Darkness 1 - 2
  • Acerlux - April 4, 2013 3:56 p.m.

Huh. I guess I was one of few who instantly noticed and was driven batshit insane by the Mordin switch. I suppose it comes from numerous replays of ME2 and a damn unconquerable love of Mordin, but I can't miss the difference, and I'll be eternally bitter over the swap. The replacement did an admirable job, but it was never Mordin to me. Ok that's my nitpicky bastard post for the day I'll go away now.
  • slimjim441 - April 5, 2013 12:38 p.m.

My friends had all but convinced me I was wrong when I said Mordin was different. I should have just gone to imdb to prove them wrong. Some part of me always knew; I just figured the VA was trying a different style or something, like Hayer's Snake voice in MGS4. Now I'm sad again because David Hayter...
  • R_U_Guys_From_British - April 4, 2013 3:55 p.m.

Regarding Hayter, I am gutted to see him go, but he couldn't keep voicing big boss as the character got older and solid snake, I agree there needs to be some change up. I hope Kojima pick the right voice actor!
  • Mike Langlois - April 4, 2013 3:35 p.m.

Sonic The Hedgehog changed voice actors. Quite noticeably too. Surprised that wasn't on the list.
  • Redeater - April 4, 2013 3:24 p.m.

Am I the only one who glad about the Hayter change? When the original MGS came out he was without a doubt one of, if not the best, voice actor out there. I don't know if its the cheesy delivery, awful dialogue or that the standard has been set so high but as I'm replaying MG3 I shudder at most of the lines. Plus there is a real Shenmue quality to it when Snake repeats everything that was just said. It's still a good game but if the new MG improves the dialogue and delivery I will be EXTREMELY happy.
  • shawksta - April 4, 2013 3:14 p.m.

I loved Cortex's voice actor, he's still briliant even in the more recent games of the titan series. Ah Wesker, DEFINITLEY
  • Merse91 - April 4, 2013 3:01 p.m.

Harley Quinn got her voice changed from Arleen Sorkin to Tara Strong in between Arkham Asylum and Arkham City. Not a huge fan of Tara, but she plays Harley well enough. The Joker also lost his iconic Mark Hamil voicer after Arkham City. I don't know the actor who is playing the J-man in Injustice but no one can really come close to Mark Hamil. I'm just happy that Kevin Conroy continues to play Batman in pretty much everything voice-over related!
  • jack-hentschell - April 4, 2013 2:55 p.m.

There are subtle differences between the two Mordin voices. Tough to point out though. It really is impressive how close they are given how distinct he sounds.
  • FOZ - April 4, 2013 2:46 p.m.

Douglas was hamming it up as Wesker and he knew it. And he was by far the best part of RE5's idiotic campaign because of it.
  • jack-hentschell - April 4, 2013 3:01 p.m.

There's also his hilarious parody of an Old Spice commercial using Wesker, plus Wesker talking to Legion.
  • BladedFalcon - April 4, 2013 2:16 p.m.

I think you guys might be jumping the gun regarding David Hayter... I mean, until a new voice actor is actually announced and appears in the game, this all could be another Hoax, Kojima's definitely not above that...