Topics

Rockstar

• Letter11 - November 11, 2010 7:54 p.m.

Looks great! But this time please no auto targeting Rockstar, please!
  • Mattattack8 - November 11, 2010 7:53 p.m.

EXTREMELY excited fo this! At first I thought it would be another Mafia game, but it's been flipped on it's ear and now the player will be a LA Detective! This is a definite buy for me. Can't wait!
  • Rhymenocerous - November 11, 2010 7:19 p.m.

I've wanted a proper detective game all my life, but nobody seems to have bothered with it much. I remember being excited in Deus Ex when you got your own office and stuff. A computer, books...but sadly no cofee/brandy combos.
  • Bitchslapthehomeless - November 11, 2010 7:02 p.m.

Really looking forward to this, especially since RDR was such a high-pedigree game (in my opinion) surpassing the GTA series. Plus, it'll be nice to be the good guy for once. Or at least, it may "seem" like the good guy.
  • bass88 - November 11, 2010 6:38 p.m.

The Irish guy actually looks like Pete Postlewaithe to me.
  • RUSSO - November 11, 2010 6:37 p.m.

We'll have to wait two years i guess for having this on PC, as many other Rockstar games
  • RUSSO - November 11, 2010 6:36 p.m.

So...Rockstar is using RAGE engine for making a game in the western, a game in the western with zombies, and now a 1930-esque game similar to Mafia, but here we're cops and investigators. That's nice, if we really can investigate and solve crimes, that'll be really nice.
  • Blasto - November 11, 2010 5:50 p.m.

Oh wow, I didn't know ken cosgrove was in this. Consider my interest piqued.
  • Maxstats69 - November 11, 2010 5:45 p.m.

The acting looks phenomenal. I can't wait to see some gameplay in action. On a side note. GR should just use Youtube for their videos. The videos for this site play like shit.
  • elpurplemonkey - November 11, 2010 5:45 p.m.

I love the idea of this game. It's hard to opine on anything else since we saw literally no real gameplay- but knowing Rockstar's pedigree, my hopes are high.
  • gillri - November 11, 2010 5:43 p.m.

@NuQLER not a fan of Deus EX: HR or Dead Space 2
  • danieldanielson - November 11, 2010 5:43 p.m.

I believe I just saw screaming Jack Nicholson with a shotty.
  • gillri - November 11, 2010 5:42 p.m.

Ken Cosgrove? form Mad Men? sweet!!!!! although would have preferred Pete Campbell!!!
  • ChiefLethal - November 11, 2010 5:35 p.m.

Incredible.
  • CitizenWolfie - November 11, 2010 5:26 p.m.

This was the reason I bought a PS3 back in 2006! Seriously, the facial animation looks incredible. I didn't really think Heavy Rain could be beaten graphics-wise but this is something else. I read somewhere ages ago that the devs have included crimes that actually happened from police reports etc. Hopefully it'll be stuff like the Black Dahlia case and mafia shootouts and not just random hit-and-runs or something.
  • bamb0o-stick - November 11, 2010 5:22 p.m.

Antithos: Same here. Mafia 2 was just a huge open-world tease. It also used every Mafia cliche in the book. At least this game isn't trying to be a "organized crime clone." I'm really looking forward to this one. Will this game come to PC?
  • Crofto - November 11, 2010 5:17 p.m.

Wow. That is the best facial animation I've seen in a game since Half-Life 2. Was already intrigued by this game as it is, but this trailer has increased my anticipation immensely. I love how mature it is in tone, and hope that there are enough gamers out there that can appreciate a narrative of this potential-calibre.
  • Felixthecat - November 11, 2010 5:16 p.m.

HHHHHHHHHHHNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! MY BODY IS MORE READY THAN IT HAS EVER BEEN
  • GR_DavidHoughton - November 11, 2010 5:14 p.m.

Yes, cjd85, yes it is.
  • NuQLER - November 11, 2010 5:14 p.m.

finally, something besides Brink to land in the next 6 months worth drooling over. looks fantastic.