• JMarsella09 - January 3, 2014 4:27 p.m.

One of my favorite games of all time, Rule of Rose, is a terrible game. And yet every time I bring it out again for another playthough a smile forms across my face. I think everyone has something like that. Guilty pleasures are guilty pleasures.
  • Earthbound_X - January 3, 2014 8:38 p.m.

It's gameplay might nit be great, but it has an amazing story,
  • JMarsella09 - January 3, 2014 9:44 p.m.

Oh yeah, the story is bloody amazing, but combat is so utterly abysmal that I cannot call it a good game.
  • Subgenre - January 3, 2014 4:12 p.m.

I actually agree that its worth playing terrible games just to get some perspective on how good most AAA games actually are. I'm willing to bet that most people who bash AAA titles for their small flaws have never actually had to slog through a genuinely terrible game.
  • TokenGamesRadarFurry - January 3, 2014 3:57 p.m.

I can vouch for the whole "Watching Ride to Hell's inexplicable cutscenes during GamesRadar's 2013 24-hour livestream made me laugh harder than You Don't Know Jack ever did" bit. I was nearly in tears by the halfway point of that play-through.
  • GR_LucasSullivan - January 3, 2014 4:05 p.m.

Sounds like you wanna get greasy
  • TokenGamesRadarFurry - January 4, 2014 5:47 a.m.

You know it. Greasy like a FROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOG.
  • supaMcnugget - January 3, 2014 3:54 p.m.

I have to say that I agree with you. I really enjoy playing small, sometimes odd titles in between big releases. This article also reminds me this: gamers have been trained to consider "good" games to rank at least 7 or 8 on a scale of 1 to 10. If it's any less then we consider the game to be a lesser title. However, I have played some pretty decent games that were not widely received with praise.
  • GR_LucasSullivan - January 3, 2014 4:08 p.m.

Very true! Even 7s seem to be on the fringe as of late, with anything 5 or below being perceived as unplayable
  • Sinosaur - January 3, 2014 10:14 p.m.

There's something wonderful about a 7 game that you enjoy. I got Front Mission: Evolved after it was a lot cheaper and would firmly rate it as 7... had a ton of fun. It also infuriated me to death by not actually making me use the Dodge button instead of Dashing until the final boss. It sadly probably took me at least half an hour to remember that dodge was even a function and that it granted invulnerability.