• Talvari - November 14, 2012 9:28 a.m.

Don't really get why this is so hype building looking at the trailer, but then again i never really got into the GTA series much. Always preferred its less serious neighbour Saints Row. Maybe once more information is revealed about it i'll become interested but i never thought this type of game should be serious about a story. We'll see T.T
  • zombi3grim - November 14, 2012 1:53 p.m.

The Godfather, The Sopranos, Scarface. All those gangster movies have INCREDIBLE stories and their ALL about story and thats what GTA is based on. Why would you think this "type" of game shouldnt be serious about a story?
  • Talvari - November 14, 2012 5:54 p.m.

Movies are pretty different from games >.> I wouldn't personally compare the importance of a story in a movie to the story in a game. It's just my opinion that in an open world style game, like the GTA series, where you often will get sidetracked a tonne by option content, the storyline in my opinion shouldn't be a key focus. Just a personal gripe brah :/
  • zombi3grim - November 15, 2012 5:18 a.m.

Games can convey the same emotional response as movies. So their not THAT different. GTA more often then not has the same type of story as those movies. If you get sidetracked by the optional content, and not focused on the story, thats not the games fault, thats your fault. So your personal gripe is with yourself, brah :/
  • Talvari - November 15, 2012 10:02 a.m.

I'm not comparing movies to games here, sorry :P Guess what i'm trying to get across is that in a sandbox game, the game will probably encourage doing the optional parts of the games be it side mission, collectables or unloackables by giving a reward. A sandbox style game wouldn't be fun in my opinion if the entire world wasn't open to you from the get go because of some story mission blocking you from going somewhere for example. If there's a really good story at hand that grips the player, chances are they'll want to pursue it to find out what happens next and they'll end up completing the main story part of the game quickly without doing the optional stuff. Personally i just feel like it's difficult to find the balance in this type of game because you make a large world for the player to explore and then add a serious story so pacing could be off, the player might do a bunch of optional stuff and forget what happened. Things like that.
  • zombi3grim - November 15, 2012 10:41 a.m.

But thats not the case and has never been the case with GTA games. The main story has always been excellent. Its difficult to balance, but Rockstar HAS balanced it. So to think an open world sandbox game shouldnt have a serious story is a little unorthodox. The optional side missions and free roam world are there for the player to immerse himself in the city, making the times he DOES play the main missions that much more engrossing. Your logic is flawed. Take a chance with GTA and get into it. You'll find its story rivals alot of RPGs and JRPGs out there.
  • Talvari - November 15, 2012 4:10 p.m.

I suppose i haven't played enough of the GTA series to make proper statements regarding the story since i've only played GTA1 / san andreas + vice city but you're not going to convince me to take a chance on it by making generalisations about the game >.>. I'm not trying to state facts incase you haven't realised. It's all my own opinion like yours. I don't play these games for the story because, like i've said, i don't think they should be a focus point of the game. I'll perhaps borrow it one day from a friend to see what the fuss is about and to see if the story truely compares with RPG / JRPGs (though they have their fair share of bad storylines as well ;P).
  • zombi3grim - November 15, 2012 8:35 p.m.

Im not making any generalisations. Im just reiterating what you said. You cant fault a game because someone plays it a certain way. Thats not the games fault. You cant fault its story because you dont think it should have a serious one. Again, not the games fault. If you like gangster movies, which not everyone does, then you will love the GTA games. You can deff. play it like a wild lunatic going nuts on the streets and just killing hookers. But to really get into the meat of it (pun not intended with the hooker statement) you need to play the main story and engross yourself in it. You'll change your attitude about it, trust me.
  • edward-temblador - November 14, 2012 9:17 a.m.

Well pour some honey on my butthole and call me Cheerios that was awesome! I can't wait
  • brickman409 - November 14, 2012 6:51 p.m.

WTF? lol
  • MyCoolWhiteLies - November 14, 2012 9:16 a.m.

Very good. I actually was a little disappointed reading about the protagonists from the Game Informer article, but in this trailer I got a much greater sense of their personalities and my anticipation is back on track and going full steam.
  • shawksta - November 14, 2012 8:38 a.m.

That was fantastic, Rockstar doing what they do best. Also I saw that, all 3 protags standing next to each other doing See no Evil,Speak No evil, Hear no evil, You Glorious Bastards
  • BladedFalcon - November 14, 2012 8:45 a.m.

...I actually didn't think about it that way ._. Great catch!
  • shawksta - November 14, 2012 7:36 p.m.

I notice things sometimes, and game devs are usually the type to hide easter eggs XD
  • DoubleLedgeTakedown - November 14, 2012 8:31 a.m.

SWEET
  • oryanbelt - November 14, 2012 8:16 a.m.

came in just at the right time for the trailer :D
  • BladedFalcon - November 14, 2012 8:08 a.m.

...That was pretty awesome! Which shouldn't be a surprise, really, Rockstar is a master in producing incredibly slick in-game cinematics. Still, this definitely has left me wanting to know more, and I also like seeing the interactions between the three protagonists. I have a feeling that I am gonna LOVE Trevor XD Also... with a son like that, it's no wonder Michael got back into a life of crime :P
  • bebl09 - November 14, 2012 8:06 a.m.

Sorry guys, I had to watch on IGN cause your video player won't load, it's still just a black rectangle :(
  • liam-dyer - November 14, 2012 8:03 a.m.

Well. I don't know about anyone else but I just had my first orgasm of the day.
  • RedTurtleMULISHA - November 14, 2012 1:12 p.m.

haha
  • icbacomingupwithapropername - November 14, 2012 7:51 a.m.

first time I see this article, 10 mins to go? hell yeah.
  • Commmand0Brand0 - November 14, 2012 7:05 a.m.

Less than an hour! Wooooooo